Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's easiest path to victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    Sorry, the old internet difficulty - I can't tell whether or not you are being sarcastic.
    I'm not a Trump supporter, so it was sarcasm. The "you see" was supposed to be a tipoff.

But I was serious about there being no source that everyone considers authoritative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm not a Trump supporter, so it was sarcasm. The "you see" was supposed to be a tipoff.

But I was serious about there being no source that everyone considers authoritative.
      It's what he's done that is authoritative. Anybody who has watched his behaviour for the last four years and still supports him is, indeed, deplorable.
      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

It's what he's done that is authoritative. Anybody who has watched his behaviour for the last four years and still supports him is, indeed, deplorable.
        Most of his behavior is subject to interpretation, and his supporters tend to believe the most favorable interpretation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Most of his behavior is subject to interpretation, and his supporters tend to believe the most favorable interpretation.
          I don't believe it is. Hitler had supporters, too. THat is not to say that Trump is Hitler or Hitler-like, but rather to point out that supporters will 'interpret' acts favourably even when those acts aren't subject to interpretation.

Comment

No, it doesn't. No, he's not. No, it doesn't.
            Yeah it does. He certainly is, and there's video evidence to prove his little kid sniffing and grabbing habits. And yeah, it really does.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I don't believe it is...
              That and 50 cents will buy you a cookie at McDonalds. You can't see past your own hyper-partisan goggles to see your own side's deplorable acts.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Yeah it does. He certainly is, and there's video evidence to prove his little kid sniffing and grabbing habits. And yeah, it really does.
                No, it doesn't, there is no evidence that shows him to be a pedophile and no, it doesn't.

Comment

No, it doesn't, there is no evidence that shows him to be a pedophile and no, it doesn't.

Pedo_Joe.jpg

Pedo_Joe2.jpg
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Nothing you posted indicates that he is a pedophile. I suspect you don't even know what a pedophile is.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator
                      Last edited by Cerebrum123; 10-02-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• The polls from the last 3 days have all contained bad news for Trump. Post debate polls have not yet been released, so the impact of the debate (whether positive or negative for Trump) has not yet registered.

The best path to victory for Trump will give him exactly 270 electoral college votes, which is the slimmest possible victory. To win, Trump must win all of the following:

+7 Biden - Wisconsin
                        +7 Biden - Nebraska District Two
                        +4 Biden - Arizona
                        +3 Biden - Maine District Two
                        +2 Biden - North Carolina
                        +2 Biden - Ohio
                        +2 Biden - Florida
                        +1 Biden - Georgia

EVEN - Iowa
                        +2 Trump - Texas
                        "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                        "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

Edited by a Moderator
                          I'm not in them, moron. Your rabid desire to paint me with Biden's malady is quite amusing, and shows just what a colossal hypocrite you really are... not that we needed any further evidence.
                          Last edited by Cerebrum123; 10-03-2020, 06:20 AM.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                            Edited by a Moderator
                            I'm not in them, moron.
                            Dingdingding! He gets it.
                            Last edited by Cerebrum123; 10-03-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                              The polls from the last 3 days have all contained bad news for Trump. Post debate polls have not yet been released, so the impact of the debate (whether positive or negative for Trump) has not yet registered.

The best path to victory for Trump will give him exactly 270 electoral college votes, which is the slimmest possible victory. To win, Trump must win all of the following:

+7 Biden - Wisconsin
                              +7 Biden - Nebraska District Two
                              +4 Biden - Arizona
                              +3 Biden - Maine District Two
                              +2 Biden - North Carolina
                              +2 Biden - Ohio
                              +2 Biden - Florida
                              +1 Biden - Georgia

EVEN - Iowa
                              +2 Trump - Texas
                              Interesting to note that Gallup, who is responsible for some of the polls showing Biden in the lead virtually anywhere, asks a question at the end of the summer during every presidential election. That is who do you think is going to get the most votes. Not who do you like or are going to vote for but who do you think will win. So far, since they started asking it a couple decades ago or so, it has always been correct.

Well the same people who say they're voting overwhelmingly for Biden also say Trump is going to win. And not just win but win in a blowout. Something like by 10 points.

Personally, just like I don't put any stock in these polls[1], but then I don't think that if Trump wins that it'll be any sort of blowout by any means.

1. Given the number of studies disclosing that conservatives are not responding truthfully for fear of being physically attacked or losing their job (CATO found that 74% of conservatives admit lying about their political beliefs)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                (CATO found that 74% of conservatives admit lying about their political beliefs)
                                You say that, for every voter who says they will vote for Trump, there are three Trump voters who lie and say they support Biden.

The statistics for the latest "average of all polls" are:

50.6% - Biden
                                43.0% - Trump
                                6.4% - undecided
                                ---------
                                100% TOTAL VOTE

So, if we multiple the Trump vote by 4, we get the following corrected poll:

-78.4% - Biden
                                172.0% - Trump
                                6.4% - undecided
                                ---------
                                100% TOTAL VOTE

Correct?

Here in Canada, it is impossible for a candidate to receive a negative number of votes in an election. Can you explain how it is possible, in US elections, for a candidate to receive negative votes?
                                "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                                "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment