Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's easiest path to victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    After what he has done before and during his presidency, anybody who supports him is, indeed, deplorable.

And anyone who supports Biden is a pedophile supporter, and is equally as disgusting as Joey sniffs-a-lot
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      Plus, he has to fight for Ohio anyway, and Pennsylvania is right next door.
      Some recent very reliable polls put Pennsylvania out of Trump's reach, and make Ohio a difficult win for Trump.

The letter grades for the following polls were assigned by the fivethirtyeight website:

OHIO
      +5 Biden, A- rating, Fox News

PENNSYLVANIA
      +10 Biden, A+ rating, ABC News/Washington Post
      +9 Biden, A+ rating, New York Times
      +8 Biden, A- rating, Fox News

Biden winning Pennsylvania makes a Trump victory very difficult. If Biden also wins Ohio, then a Trump victory is pretty well impossible.
      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

After what he has done before and during his presidency, anybody who supports him is, indeed, deplorable.

Note that I say "supports him", not "votes for him" or "supports the Republican party".
        Some people support him for no other reason than that he is giving them what they want regarding court nominations. And while I disagree with them regarding how judges should be chosen, and how that should rank in terms of qualities desired in a president, I don't consider supporting him for that reason to be deplorable.

Others are too dumb to see him for what he is, and tend to believe everything he says. And while that's sad, and extremely unfortunate for all of us, it doesn't quite rise to the level of deplorable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

Some recent very reliable polls put Pennsylvania out of Trump's reach, and make Ohio a difficult win for Trump.

The letter grades for the following polls were assigned by the fivethirtyeight website:

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

Biden winning Pennsylvania makes a Trump victory very difficult. If Biden also wins Ohio, then a Trump victory is pretty well impossible.
          While I hope the polls are correct, after 2016 I don't quite trust them. Besides, a lot can happen in the next month.

Comment

While I hope the polls are correct, after 2016 I don't quite trust them. Besides, a lot can happen in the next month.
            After tonight's debate, we could have a much better idea of how the election will go.
            "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

After tonight's debate, we could have a much better idea of how the election will go.
              Maybe, but if so, I'll be surprised.

Comment

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

A++ Rating, MSM Polling Inc, Biden leading Trump +87!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  And anyone who supports Biden is a pedophile supporter, and is equally as disgusting as Joey sniffs-a-lot
                  This doesn't even make sense.
                  America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Some people support him for no other reason than that he is giving them what they want regarding court nominations. And while I disagree with them regarding how judges should be chosen, and how that should rank in terms of qualities desired in a president, I don't consider supporting him for that reason to be deplorable.
                    I would say that they are not supporting Trump ; they are just supporting conservatism, or the Republican party. It's not Trump they favour; it's conservatism.

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                    Others are too dumb to see him for what he is, and tend to believe everything he says. And while that's sad, and extremely unfortunate for all of us, it doesn't quite rise to the level of deplorable.
                    I disagree.

Comment

I would say that they are not supporting Trump ; they are just supporting conservatism, or the Republican party. It's not Trump they favour; it's conservatism.
                      Then why are they defending him and have been for the last 4 years? Most posters on here would fall under this umbrella (they like the court nominations, both the supreme court and the packing of the lower courts), yet still defend him and refer to TDS etc.

Comment

I respectfully submit that your analysis is missing a key element: the length of time over which this stupidity/gullibility is occurring. Let me illustrate:
                        • On the first day of class, a third grader misspells the word "Republican". To the teacher, this probably appears to be nothing more than basic (garden-variety) ignorance, demonstrating a need for instruction/education. There's nothing pejorative about an inability to spell the word correctly.
                        • After a month of spelling lessons, the same 3rd grader continues to misspell the word "Republican". The teacher might get exasperated a bit, given that (s)he has spent time with this student on how the word is spelled. Maybe (s)he starts to wonder about the student's mental faculties, or their willingness to learn. Still, while this is mildly pejorative, it's possible that further education might solve the problem.
                        • After a full year of spelling lessons, the third grader continues to misspell the word. The teacher has spent lots of one-on-one time with the student, explained the error and how it can be corrected, and tried various ways to help the child learn/remember how to spell the word. The student is able to spell other words correctly, and has even demonstrated the willingness to learn how to spell them - but not this word. At this point, it's become obvious that the misspelling is intentional, and not born of ignorance.

At this point in the current administration's tenure, the people who continue to support him are doing so intentionally. They're willing to let him do whatever he wants. They do not care about whether he's competent or not.

It's not just sad or extremely unfortunate. It's deplorable.

In my humble opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                          I respectfully submit that your analysis is missing a key element: the length of time over which this stupidity/gullibility is occurring. Let me illustrate:
                          • On the first day of class, a third grader misspells the word "Republican". To the teacher, this probably appears to be nothing more than basic (garden-variety) ignorance, demonstrating a need for instruction/education. There's nothing pejorative about an inability to spell the word correctly.
                          • After a month of spelling lessons, the same 3rd grader continues to misspell the word "Republican". The teacher might get exasperated a bit, given that (s)he has spent time with this student on how the word is spelled. Maybe (s)he starts to wonder about the student's mental faculties, or their willingness to learn. Still, while this is mildly pejorative, it's possible that further education might solve the problem.
                          • After a full year of spelling lessons, the third grader continues to misspell the word. The teacher has spent lots of one-on-one time with the student, explained the error and how it can be corrected, and tried various ways to help the child learn/remember how to spell the word. The student is able to spell other words correctly, and has even demonstrated the willingness to learn how to spell them - but not this word. At this point, it's become obvious that the misspelling is intentional, and not born of ignorance.

At this point in the current administration's tenure, the people who continue to support him are doing so intentionally. They're willing to let him do whatever he wants. They do not care about whether he's competent or not.

In my humble opinion.
                          It is true that the media and it's Democrat handlers were knife fighting Trump before he even took office. It is now public knowledge that the Obama administration seeded a two year long witch hunt.

One could say their incessant and mean spirited attacks created a hardened President.

The current version of Trump was created by the Democrats.

Your analysis assumes Democrats are innocent in this. As long as you continue to think that your perspective will be biased.

The fact that the msm and Democrats, and people like you, have been barking and fabricating "scandels" for a long "length of time", doesn't actually make your accusations true.

It just tells me you forget the lies you peddled before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

In my humble opinion.
                            Add to your illustration that the kid's parents are constantly contradicting the teacher about that particular word, and impugning the teacher's motives, and the student believes that the teacher is intentionally giving him incorrect information.

It's not necessarily the student who is deplorable.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                              Then why are they defending him and have been for the last 4 years? Most posters on here would fall under this umbrella (they like the court nominations, both the supreme court and the packing of the lower courts), yet still defend him and refer to TDS etc.
                              Then those people are Trump supporters. There is a big difference between liking Trump, thinking he's doing a good job, etc., and voting Republican because it's the more conservative of the parties.

I know conservatives who loathe Trump and think he's done a terrible job...but haven't even thought about not voting for him because he's the Republican candidate, and the Republican party is the more conservative, and thus more likely to act in ways that accord with their (the people I'm talking about) beliefs. Whether you loathe Trump or love him, if you're a conservative, you know that he's much more likely than Biden to give you more conservative Supreme Court justices.

By a similar token, I've not got much time for Biden...but I've not even considered not voting for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                                It is true that the media and it's Democrat handlers were knife fighting Trump before he even took office.
                                It is false that the media and it's Democrat handlers were knife fighting Trump before he even took office.

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                                It is now public knowledge that the Obama administration seeded a two year long witch hunt.
                                It is now conservative fantasy that the Obama administration seeded a two year long witch hunt.

One could say their incessant and mean spirited attacks created a hardened President.
                                One could say that...they'd be wrong, but they could say it.

The current version of Trump was created by the Democrats.
                                The current version of Trump is the 'normal' version of Trump, and is entirely his own creation.

Your analysis assumes Democrats are innocent in this. As long as you continue to think that your perspective will be biased.
                                Democrats are completely innocent in Trump's debacle; he and the Republicans own it entirely.

The fact that the msm and Democrats, and people like you, have been barking and fabricating "scandels" for a long "length of time", doesn't actually make your accusations true.
                                No, the facts make the accusations true. I know conservatives aren't fond of facts, but they don't make Trump look good.

Comment