Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's easiest path to victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the easiest way to victory for Trump is to let the Democrats and the leftists in control of the party continue their insanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      Trump needs 270 electoral college votes to win a second term. So far as I can determine, all current projections are that Biden will win, possibly by a landslide. I've taken a look at the current polls, and as things stand now, Trump can obtain exactly 270 votes if he wins all the following states and districts. I give the latest poll for each state and district. All states not on this list are currently solidly in either the Biden or Trump camp, so winning all of the following would seem to be Trump's most favourable route to victory.

+7 Biden - Nebraska District 2
      +7 Biden - Wisconsin
      +7 Biden - Florida
      +4 Biden - Arizona
      +3 Biden - North Carolina
      +1 Biden - Texas
      +1 Biden - Georgia

+0 TIE - Ohio
      +1 Trump - Iowa
      +1 Trump - Maine District 2
      Sadly, I predict that regardless, Trump will win. I predicted he would in 2016; I don't see any better news in any of the polls now.

I think that the poll results are skewed in a similar way to the way they were when Obama was running - back then, people wanted others to think they were non-racist, so they'd say they were for Obama even if they weren't. In 2016 and now, people don't want others to think they're for Trump, so they say they're for Biden even if they're not.
      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
        Sadly, I predict that regardless, Trump will win. I predicted he would in 2016; I don't see any better news in any of the polls now.

I think that the poll results are skewed in a similar way to the way they were when Obama was running - back then, people wanted others to think they were non-racist, so they'd say they were for Obama even if they weren't. In 2016 and now, people don't want others to think they're for Trump, so they say they're for Biden even if they're not.
        I see what ya did there. It doesn't help your credibility when your sixth sense is "I see racists everywhere" It must be such a burden walking around thinking everyone hates you or something.

You are correct though, all signs point to a Trump victory. Maybe the debates will go well for you, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
          I see what ya did there. It doesn't help your credibility when your sixth sense is "I see racists everywhere"
          I have no such "sixth sense" nor does anything I said imply I do.

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
          It must be such a burden walking around thinking everyone hates you or something.
          Again, since I said nothing to imply have think in that way, irrelevant.

You are correct though, all signs point to a Trump victory. Maybe the debates will go well for you, who knows.
          I neither said nor implied that - you are yet again wrong. I didn't say it, of course, because it's not remotely true. All signs do not point to a Trump victory.

Comment

all signs point to a Trump victory
            You're supposed to be a Christian.

Regardless of what *I* think about your above claim, do you - as a Christian - imagine that your god cannot see into your head/heart, and not see your willful deception? Does lying like this stir nothing in your conscience?

The reality is that atheists see Christians doing stuff like this all the time, and independent of whatever the bible says, it's fundamentally corrosive to Christian claims about morality, righteousness and the superiority of the Christian worldview.

As an atheist, I say thanks. Please keep validating my decision to reject your faith.

Comment

I have no such "sixth sense" nor does anything I said imply I do.

Again, since I said nothing to imply have think in that way, irrelevant.

I neither said nor implied that - you are yet again wrong. I didn't say it, of course, because it's not remotely true. All signs do not point to a Trump victory.
              Many Democrats say it, many consider any Trump supporter deplorable and racist.

You get a gold star for not believing it.

Doesn't mean most liberals don't believe it, they tells others they don't believe it so they don't get asked to defend it. :)

Comment

Doesn't mean most liberals don't believe it, they tells others they don't believe it so they don't get asked to defend it. :)
                I doubt there is anyone who thinks *all* Trump supporters are deplorable.

Comment

I consider any Trump supporter deplorable.

Gee, some nobody in the internet gave me a gold star. I'm so excited.

What conservatives claim liberals believe and what liberals actually believe have very little in common.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                    I don't know.

Technically, I am (loose) friends with at least one Drumpf supporter. He and I have been explicitly working on getting along, politically. We have sort of a mutual pledge to not insult each other, to not start rhetorical trouble where the other person might become involved, etc. It's been refreshing, actually.

And yet on some level, I think he's stupid. Not just "stupid for supporting <politician X>", but not smart - on a number of subjects.

I agree that if I really sat down and thought about it, I'd admit I don't think all Drumpf supporters are deplorables, but if I think one of them as a friend while still thinking he's not very bright - then maybe I *do*.

And really, "deplorable" is the right word. Each is distasteful for different reasons; some may be stupid, some may be racist, some may just hate anyone who's not voting for their presidential candidate, etc. While I think you're technically correct, on some practical level, I have a low opinion of ALL Drumpf supporters. They've had enough time to recognize the man is more than simply unfit for the office, and if they're still sticking by them despite all he's done, then they suck too.

Comment

Behold.

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                      I consider any Trump supporter deplorable.

Gee, some nobody in the internet gave me a gold star. I'm so excited.

What conservatives claim liberals believe and what liberals actually believe have very little in common.
                      I did get one thing correct about you, so I got that goin for me. Do I get a star?
                      ​​

Comment

Behold.
                        I stand corrected.

Comment

I did get one thing correct about you, so I got that goin for me. Do I get a star?
                          No, you did not.

Comment

I stand corrected.
                            After what he has done before and during his presidency, anybody who supports him is, indeed, deplorable.

Note that I say "supports him", not "votes for him" or "supports the Republican party".

Comment

No, you did not.
                              Well that's interesting.

Note the question was "supports him."

Either you cannot slow down and read or your defense mechanism is hair triggered.

Comment

Well that's interesting.

Note the question was "supports him."
                                I do note that.

Either you cannot slow down and read or your defense mechanism is hair triggered.
                                ...or neither. You have not demonstrated (and cannot demonstrate) either of the above.

Comment