Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CEDA- AKA- The Destruction of Academia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEDA- AKA- The Destruction of Academia

WARNING-STRONG LANGUAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpXQIf9exA

They're all like this.
    Every one.

Every.Single.One.

I'm not lying when I say I almost shed a tear after watching this, and almost broke my computer in half after watching the rest of the "debates", if this obnoxious, overly-emotive, fast-talking, moronic drivel can even be called "debate".
    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

This is marvelous. I like imagining William Lane Craig sitting down in one of his sweater vests, mouth agape.

Comment

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...te-tournaments
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Remember, Tweb moderators, every time you flag me for hate speech, Thugnificent gets another degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
          This is marvelous. I like imagining William Lane Craig sitting down in one of his sweater vests, mouth agape.
          Oh, but that's the best part, Manwe! This is getting implemented in state universities, and is touted as a program to teach you debating skills, and find you jobs within academia. Aren't those Commie Kore....oops, I mean Common Core, people just fantastic?
          Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

come on. that has to be a parody video right? you are being punked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Note the link DE provided in post #3

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's what I keep trying to tell myself...sadly, no, though.
                Last edited by TimelessTheist; 05-29-2014, 12:26 PM.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                  Tgat's what I keep trying to tell myself...sadly, no, though.
                  Yeah that is sad.

Comment

Yeah that is sad.
                    Oh, but I garentee you, their other arguments are verbose and well constructed. I mean, who could forget the piece of intelectual genius known as "YA! YA! YA! Klak, klak!" (Actual quote from a CEDA debate) or such genius as "Dat shon't be used on niggas, but we can use it on whites and sand niggas though." (Another actual quote). Just genius.....

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                      Oh, but that's the best part, Manwe! This is getting implemented in state universities, and is touted as a program to teach you debating skills, and find you jobs within academia. Aren't those Commie Kore....oops, I mean Common Core, people just fantastic?
                      This isn't tied to Common Core at all afaict.
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Your rebuttal wasn't spewed at a million words a second and there was strangely no slam poetry. I must reject your cis white male privelaged debate style.

Comment

Your rebuttal wasn't spewed at a million words a second and there was strangely no slam poetry. I must reject your cis white male privelaged debate style.
                          Don't be hatin'
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Here's my counter-argument to that assertion: "YAH! YAH! YAH! Klak, klak!!!" (Direct Quote)

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Carlyle
                              Incontinence is half of all the sins of man. And among the many kinds of that base vice, I know none baser, or at present half so fell and fatal, as that same Incontinence of Tongue. "Public speaking," "parliamentary eloquence:" it is a Moloch, before whom young souls are made to pass through the fire. They enter, weeping or rejoicing, fond parents consecrating them to the red-hot Idol, as to the Highest God: and they come out spiritually dead. Dead enough; to live thenceforth a galvanic life of mere Stump-Oratory; screeching and gibbering, words without wisdom, without veracity, without conviction more than skin-deep. A divine gift, that? It is a thing admired by the vulgar, and rewarded with seats in the Cabinet and other preciosities; but to the wise, it is a thing not admirable, not adorable; unmelodious rather, and ghastly and bodeful, as the speech of sheeted spectres in the streets at midnight!
                              "Sheeted spectres?" Cold, but definitely predictive

Just as you don't really see the vacuity of most business websites until they're seriously implemented by people for whom American English isn't their first language, you don't get to see the true vacuous horror of most debate teams till all sides are filled by people too slow to pull a rhetorical fast one on the audience.

Comment