Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New FBI Notes Re-Debunk Major NYT Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FBI Notes Re-Debunk Major NYT Story

New FBI Notes Re-Debunk Major NYT Story, Highlight Media Collusion To Produce Russia Hoax

The FBI official who ran the investigation into whether the Donald Trump campaign colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 presidential election privately admitted in newly released notes that a major New York Times article was riddled with lies, falsehoods, and “misleading and inaccurate” information. The February 2017 story was penned by three reporters who would win Pulitzers for their reporting on Trump’s supposed collusion with Russia.

The FBI’s public posture and leaks at the time supported the now-discredited conspiracy theory that led to the formation of a special counsel probe to investigate the Trump campaign and undermine his administration.

“We have not seen evidence of any individuals affiliated with the Trump team in contact with [Russian Intelligence Officials]. . . . We are unaware of ANY Trump advisors engaging in conversations with Russian intelligence officials,” former FBI counterespionage official Peter Strzok wrote of the Feb. 14, 2017 New York Times story “Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence.” That story, which was based on the unsubstantiated claims of four anonymous intelligence officials, was echoed by a similarly sourced CNN story published a day later and headlined “Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign.”

Strzok’s notes are the latest factual debunking of these stories, which were previously shown to be false with the release of Robert Mueller’s special counsel report finding no evidence whatsoever in support of the Hillary Clinton campaign assertion that Trump affiliates colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election. A report from the Department of Justice Office of Inspector General on just one aspect of the investigation into Russia collusion — FBI spying on Trump campaign affiliates — also debunked these news reports.

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted under oath in June 2017 that the reporting was “false,” something his deputy director Andrew McCabe privately acknowledged to the White House earlier that year but refused to admit publicly. Efforts by the White House to get the FBI to say publicly what they were admitting privately were leaked to the media in order to suggest the White House was obstructing their investigation. “Obstruction” of the Russia investigation would form a major part of the special counsel probe, and media and Democrat efforts to oust the president.

As for the merits of the explosive New York Times story alleging repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials before the election, Strzok said it was “misleading and inaccurate… no evidence.” Of the unsubstantiated claim that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort was on the phone calls with Russian intelligence officials, Strzok said, “We are unaware of any calls with any Russian govt official in which Manafort was a party.” And of the New York Times claim that Roger Stone was part of the FBI’s inquiry into Russian ties, Strzok said, “We have not investigated Roger Stone.”

The Times report, which came hours after National Security Advisor Michael Flynn was ousted due to criminal leaks against him, was one of the most important articles published by major media as part of their campaign to paint Trump as a Russian operative. Widely accepted by the media and political establishment, it did as much to cement the false and damaging Russia conspiracy theory as CNN’s story legitimizing the now-discredited Christopher Steele dossier or the Washington Post’s now-discredited suggestion that Flynn was a secret Russian operative who was guilty of violating an obscure 1799 law called the Logan Act.

The New York Times declined to retract or correct the article three years ago, even after Comey testified it was false, on the grounds that the anonymous sources who fed the false information remained pleased with the initial story......

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The New York Times declined to retract or correct the article three years ago, even after Comey testified it was false, on the grounds that the anonymous sources who fed the false information remained pleased with the initial story......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This proves Trump is in Putin's pocket! Why else would they keep re-debunking it?

Comment

You are now a citizen of Trumpworld.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          You are now a citizen of Trumpworld.
          I'm a citizen of Heaven, just on a sojourn here.

Always a pleasure to see you, ff.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I'm a citizen of Heaven, just on a sojourn here.

Always a pleasure to see you, ff.
            Tauren Wells has a song about that.
            Getting caught up in the here and now
            Has a tendency to wear me down
            Am I really free if I'm thinking 'bout
            Only temporary things?

The world's screaming so loud
            When I'm locked in the middle of my doubt
            When I'm lost in the rhythm of the crowd
            I hear heaven calling me

Don't want to be another victim
            Falling prey to the system
            When You've called me into the kingdom, ayy

I know I am a citizen of Heaven
            My identity forever is Yours, Yours

I can see You breaking through the clouds
            You made this soul to be glory bound
            I can hardly keep my feet on the ground
            'Cause I know I will be free

Lord, won't You open up the gates wide?
            Gonna step into a new life
            No way I'm ever leaving Your side, oh

Oh glory, glory
            Oh hallelujah
            When I rise, come alive
            I'm gon' fly to You
            (Glory) Oh glory, glory
            (Glory) Oh hallelujah
            (Glory) When I rise, come alive
            I'm gon' fly to You

I know I am a citizen of Heaven (A citizen of Heaven)
            My identity forever (My identity forever) is Yours, Yours (Yours)
            I know I am (I am, I-I am) a citizen of Heaven (A citizen of Heaven)

Last edited by firstfloor; 07-23-2020, 05:06 PM.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I must say, you got me with that one. I've never heard of this person, and given your history of posting here, I looked through the lyrics expecting a subversive, sarcastic twist that would turn the meaning of "citizen of Heaven" on its head, but, no, it just looks like the genuine, heartfelt song of a Christian.

So, thank you for posting.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'll have to check that out!

Thanks

Comment