Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cuomo doesn't suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuomo doesn't suck

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/u...wdt2hU-h_kd7tk

Source: NYTimes

U.S. Northeast, Pummeled in the Spring, Now Stands Out in Virus Control

In just over two months, the Northeast has gone from the country’s worst coronavirus hot spot to its most controlled. “It’s acting like Europe,” one expert said.

© Copyright Original Source

It's also worth mentioning that the states up here are run by both by Republican and Democrat governors...
    Last edited by Whateverman; 07-22-2020, 03:35 PM.

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

In just over two months, the Northeast has gone from the country’s worst coronavirus hot spot to its most controlled. “It’s acting like Europe,” one expert said.

It's also worth mentioning that the states up here are both by Republican and Democrat governors...
    I think Cuomo had a pretty good kill ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      Especially among the elderly when he forced nursing homes and assisted care facilities, which are full of those most vulnerable to the Chicom coronavirus, to house those infected with the disease threatening to close their doors if they didn't.

And then tell the hospitals they weren't allowed to even test these new arrivals.

And then try to blame Trump for his actions when people started getting wind of all of the thousands killed by his bungling.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        The "Kill off all the weak by forcing them together" strategy? Once all the weak ones are down, then the rest fight it off?
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Cuomo killed off all the most vulnerable people as quickly as possible by packing the sick and elderly into nursing homes. Now it's mostly the young and relatively healthy people contracting the China flu, and they have much better survival rates.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And meanwhile, the virus is exploding - unchecked - everywhere else.

Comment

It's also worth mentioning that the states up here are run by both by Republican and Democrat governors...
              If killing off much of the elderly/nursing home hospital is the goal, then sure, I guess he 'doesn't suck' from that disturbed point of view.

Comment

With death tolls but a tiny fraction of what was experienced in New York thanks to this guy.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

covid patients being forced on nursing homes by an order from Cuomo case closed Cuomo sucks. And no he was not following CDC suggestions he did that on his own.

Comment

"unchecked"
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In other words, your opening post was a bust, so it's back to "We're all going to die!" hysteria.

Comment

I spoke with a customer on the phone who needed surgery just to walk, but couldn't get it because Cuomo had closed all hospitals to "elective" procedures, even in her rural county with virtually no cases. She was not impressed by him.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          I spoke with a customer on the phone who needed surgery just to walk, but couldn't get it because Cuomo had closed all hospitals to "elective" procedures, even in her rural county with virtually no cases. She was not impressed by him.
                          At least she's alive enough to complain :)

Seriously though, there are no doubt valid complaints to be made, though I can't say if your customer's is one of them. Still, it's pretty obvious that relative to other areas in this country, the northeast has been successful in doing what should have been done.

That can change, though...

Comment

...the northeast has been successful in doing what should have been done.
                            Packing the sick and elderly into nursing homes so they can enjoy a quick death?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Packing the sick and elderly into nursing homes so they can enjoy a quick death?
                              Would elderly people dying of Covid be a "quick death"? Or would it be slow and painful?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment