Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The increase of Chicom coronavirus cases in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The increase of Chicom coronavirus cases in the South

We've all been repeatedly told that the reason that the Chicom coronavirus is spiking in places like Florida is due to their having opened up too soon.

Case closed, right?

Well maybe not so much.

In an interview with Dr. Howard Bauchner, the editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the director of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Dr. Robert Redfield made it clear that he thinks that other forces were in play that are responsible.

If you look at the south, everything happened around June 12th to June 16th. It all simultaneously kind of popped. We’re of the view that there was something else that was the driver. Maybe the Memorial Day, not weekend but the Memorial Day week, where a lot of Northerners decided to go south for vacation.

Did you catch that?

Redfield said that the reason we're seeing a jump in the number of infections in the South is not due to irresponsibility or bad governance in states like Florida, Alabama or Texas, but rather because Northerners fled their homes and took it with them causing it to spread.

We are of the view that there was something else that was the driver. Maybe Memorial Day, not weekend, but Memorial Day week, a lot of Northerners decided to go south for vacations.

The "we are of the view" indicates that he is not just expressing his own personal view but that of the CDC itself. It is the CDC that thinks the spike is not the result of these states opening back up too soon, or because the people there were careless and not practicing social distancing and the like, but because a bunch of Northerners[1] that already had the disease went south for vacation and brought it with them.

Again, this is from the Centers for disease Control -- a place not exactly known for being a hotbed for trump supporters.

1. Me older little twin brudder from anudder mudder would call 'em "D*mn Yankees"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    We've all been repeatedly told that the reason that the Chicom coronavirus is spiking in places like Florida is due to their having opened up too soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46795[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46796[/ATTACH]

Case closed, right?

Well maybe not so much.

In an interview with Dr. Howard Bauchner, the editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the director of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Dr. Robert Redfield made it clear that he thinks that other forces were in play that are responsible.

If you look at the south, everything happened around June 12th to June 16th. It all simultaneously kind of popped. We’re of the view that there was something else that was the driver. Maybe the Memorial Day, not weekend but the Memorial Day week, where a lot of Northerners decided to go south for vacation.

Did you catch that?

Redfield said that the reason we're seeing a jump in the number of infections in the South is not due to irresponsibility or bad governance in states like Florida, Alabama or Texas, but rather because Northerners fled their homes and took it with them causing it to spread.

We are of the view that there was something else that was the driver. Maybe Memorial Day, not weekend, but Memorial Day week, a lot of Northerners decided to go south for vacations.

The "we are of the view" indicates that he is not just expressing his own personal view but that of the CDC itself. It is the CDC that thinks the spike is not the result of these states opening back up too soon, or because the people there were careless and not practicing social distancing and the like, but because a bunch of Northerners[1] that already had the disease went south for vacation and brought it with them.

Again, this is from the Centers for disease Control -- a place not exactly known for being a hotbed for trump supporters.

1. Me older little twin brudder from anudder mudder would call 'em "D*mn Yankees"
    Is the best you can do is silly cartoons and divisive name calling in response to the pandemic? Your description of the COVID-19 as Chicom reflects your extreme right caveman mentality
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46795[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46796[/ATTACH]

Case closed, right?

Well maybe not so much.

Did you catch that?

Rogue,

States that opened too early are seeing surges. The only states not seeing surges are those with stringent controls and that are vigorously tracking this disease. Likewise countries in Europe.

This is a virus. It behaves according to natural law. We must stop trying to politicize it, we must act according to the best scientific knowledge we have. And we must all work together to keep this thing at bay till we have meaningful treatments.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Is the best you can do is silly cartoons and divisive name calling in response to the pandemic? Your description of the COVID-19 as Chicom reflects your extreme right caveman mentality
        No dipsy doodle. I can provide the director of the CDC stating that the organization thinks that what caused the recent outbreak in the South wasn't because of opening things up too soon but rather likely because a bunch of plague carriers came down here and spread it around.

It is apparent that you are incapable of addressing that so you whine like a baby and seek to distract and deflect attention away from it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Rogue,

States that opened too early are seeing surges. The only states not seeing surges are those with stringent controls and that are vigorously tracking this disease. Likewise countries in Europe.

This is a virus. It behaves according to natural law. We must stop trying to politicize it, we must act according to the best scientific knowledge we have. And we must all work together to keep this thing at bay till we have meaningful treatments.
          So do you think that the CDC has it all wrong then?

Comment

But that's one word, not two.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              Somebody got distracted by your cartoons and bad word.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Somebody got distracted by your cartoons and bad word.
                Like a small child and a shiny object

Comment

Rogue,

So then do you believe that

Comment

So then do you believe that

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46797[/ATTACH]
                    This spread the Chicom coronavirus

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46798[/ATTACH]
                    This helped slow it
                    Not worth my time rogue.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not worth my time rogue.
                      As usual, if it doesn't fit the narrative...

Comment

Not worth my time rogue.

Brave sir Robin response duly noted.

Comment

Brave sir Robin response duly noted.
                          Had you posted a picture of refrigerator trucks lined up at a morgue, he'd be on it like a bird on a french fry.

Comment

As usual, if it doesn't fit the narrative...
                            Even weaker, maybe a 2?

Comment

Had you posted a picture of refrigerator trucks lined up at a morgue, he'd be on it like a bird on a french fry.

Perhaps a tad better, back up to 3.5 range, maybe a 4 at a regional.

Comment