Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The increase of Chicom coronavirus cases in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contact tracing will be fun.

I will start collecting people's names wherever I can. I can say I spend time at any places that I don't like and make them be quarantined.

This also can work concerning masks. Someone said we should go to walmart on sunday and not wear masks. Then walmart can be fined $500 for each instance where the mask requirement is violated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Well,

A) It did, indeed, originate in China and,
      And?

2) It's no sillier than calling the virus "Covid-45".
      I would agree. Puerility isn't really my forte.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        So do you think that the CDC has it all wrong then?
        Drumpf does, and you think he's credible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          Referring to this virus as Chicom is particularly silly, do you not think? A virus has no passport.
          Speaking for myself, while those who use that term are mostly virtue signaling, i don't object to it enough to complain. Other viruses / pandemics have been referred to by their geographic origin.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            No Sparko. The Federal response to this virus has failed in nearly every way. And the reason is because those leading have ignored, lied about, or othwise corrupted the science of the situation. Trump himself is as anti-science as they come and has at every single turn refused to yield to what the CDC, Fauci, Birx and others have repeatedly said about what needs to be done. That is why things are totally screwed up right now.

What I am calling the politization of this is ANY distortion of the science itself for political purposes. Doesn't matter which party, or what ideology. But Trump himself has repeatedly and purposefully ignored and distorted and flat out lied about the science itself. That is an objective evaluation, it has nothing to do with politics.

Scientific advice: shut down till the virus spread has been reduced to managable levels

Trump response: lack luster, dragging his feet all the way, and pushing without regard to the science to reopen long before we had come anywhere near taming the spread.

Result: Partial implementation nationwide, Rebound and relapse, to the point we are adding cases more than twice as fast as when we instituted the first shutdown, the squandering of great public sacrifice and more than a Trillion dollars in aid.

----

Scientific advice: TEST, TEST, TEST. Then contact trace.

Trump response: again, lack luster, slow, dragging his feet, and a continuous and unrelenting pretense that testing itself is making things bad, even bragging he asked his people to slow testing down.

Result: we still are way behind on testing, delays are 3 to 7 DAYS, far too long to allow effective contact tracing (which is impossible anyway due to the number of cases)

---

Scientific advice: Wear masks, social distance, avoid large gatherings

Trump response: refuse to wear masks, even where it is the law. Hold rallies where social distancing recommendations and mask wearing are ignored and rebuffed and in areas suffering from significant explosions of transmission and infection

Result: infections in his own secret service and in the communities where the rallies were held, general public hostility towards mask wearing and public health safety by those that are in his 'base'.
            "Do as I say, not as I do!" Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              And?

I would agree. Puerility isn't really my forte.
              Like this?

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
              Drumpf does, and you think he's credible.
              It gets incredibly childish.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                Speaking for myself, while those who use that term are mostly virtue signaling, i don't object to it enough to complain. Other viruses / pandemics have been referred to by their geographic origin.
                As was this one, until they decided to use it for POLITICAL advantage to attack Trump.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  "Do as I say, not as I do!" Got it.
                  That's about a nutsy a reply as I've seen from you. Totally unrelated to my post, off in the wilderness somewhere.

Are you confused, drinking a bit too much today - what?
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Somebody got distracted by your cartoons and bad word.
                    I do not have nor use these silly cartoons used by the extreme right in childish ridicule. along with the childish racism of calling it the 'Chicom' virus..
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      I do not have nor use these silly cartoons used by the extreme right in childish ridicule. along with the childish racism of calling it the 'Chicom' virus..
                      You have your own ways of being incredibly childish.

Comment

You have your own ways of being incredibly childish.
                        Extreme rightish, Childish and racist is describing the the coronavirus as 'Chicom virus.'
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Extreme rightish, Childish and racist is describing the the coronavirus as 'Chicom virus.'
                          You haven't seen me do that.

Comment

You haven't seen me do that.
                            I was referring to rogue06 in this case using 'Chicom virus to describe COVID-19. This is his thread. I will refer to you in other threads and posts when appropriate.

Frank

Comment

I was referring to rogue06 in this case using 'Chicom virus to describe COVID-19. This is his thread. I will refer to you in other threads and posts when appropriate.
                              You're so cute.

Comment

You're so cute.
                                Not a coherent response to avoid the racist issue of calling the coronavirus the racist 'Chicom virus.'

Frank

Comment