Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump/Biden polls: significant new development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    When it was used back during the 60s by folks like Angela Davis and others they made it clear that they wanted the police completely defunded -- i.e., dismantled and disbanded.
    aka. the radical minority.

Defund the police is as much about completely abolishing police departments as BLM is about Marxism: just enough to keep right-wing fear mongers in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      I'd have to say that virtually the entire interview was interesting.

One particularly bizarre part of the interview was when Trump was bragging about his score on the mental acuity test he took. In response to Chris Wallace's claim that the questions weren't very hard, Trump said:

"The first few questions are easy. But I'll bet you couldn't even answer the last five questions. I bet you couldn't, they get very hard."

Below are the last five questions on the exam, which Trump claimed Wallace couldn't answer:

(1) What month is it?

(2) What year is it?

(3) What day of the week is it?

(4) What place are you in (i.e., the room, building, etc.)?

(5) What city are you in?
      Wallace should have asked him what those last 5 tough questions were. He probably wouldn't be able remember, but he'd just ramble on like a mad man anyway. Trump is a word salad guy which is one of the reasons he lies so much, he has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        That's what the slogan has meant ever since it was coined. Sure, some supporters literally want police departments to have their budgets cut completely, but they're the radical minority the right loves to focus on, instead of the progressive majority who only want some of the funding redirected to social programs.
        That 'radical minority" have the loudest voice. And the attention of the LSM. And actual dismantling was approved in a major city recently (Minneapolis).

It's not as easy to stir up fear and outrage over the actions of peaceful moderates :)
        Too bad "peaceful moderates" aren't the ones in charge of US cities any more.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Trump down by 15 points in latest Quinnipiac national poll, doubling that of their previous poll of 8 points, and Trumps approval rating down to 36%. No silver linings in this poll for Trump. Biden leads Trump in every category including on handling the economy 50 -45.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/trum...-national-poll
          Last edited by JimL; 07-21-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Trump down by 15 points in latest Quinnipiac national poll, doubling that of their previous poll of 8 points, and Trumps approval rating down to 36%.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/trum...-national-poll
            It's not all sunshine and roses...

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/nb...-young-voters/

Biden’s favorability among voters aged 18 to 34 is 26 percent positive, 44 negative. That means the former vice president is 18 points underwater. Meet the Press described those numbers as “abysmal.”
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Biden’s favorability among voters aged 18 to 34 is 26 percent positive, 44 negative. That means the former vice president is 18 points underwater. Meet the Press described those numbers as “abysmal.”
              Biden's favorability (or lack thereof) isn't going to be a factor in the election.

Comment

Yes, but the only problem with that fact Bill, is that although they view Biden unfavorably, 2 thirds of those 18 to 34 year olds still favored Biden over Trump. In other words they find Biden to be more favorable than Trump. Same thing with Independents, only 39% of them view Biden favorably, but 51% of them find him more favorable than Trump.
                Last edited by JimL; 07-22-2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Yes, but the only problem with that fact Bill, is that although they view Biden unfavorably, 2 thirds of those 18 to 34 year olds still favored Biden over Trump. In other words they find Biden to be more favorable than Trump. Same thing with Independents, only 39% of them view Biden favorably, but 51% of them find him more favorable than Trump.
                  But lack of enthusiasm for Biden may keep young voters away. That's not good for Biden if it occurs...
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Biden's favorability (or lack thereof) isn't going to be a factor in the election.
                    Yeah it is. Turnout will be affected.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

There is also the enthusiasm factor -- which for Biden is very low among his supporters (somewhere in the 30s). That's the sort of thing that causes folks to just not bother come election day -- especially if the weather isn't good or a host of other reasons.

You need to have folks excited about voting for you or a good size chunk of your supporters might just stay home.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        There is also the enthusiasm factor -- which for Biden is very low among his supporters (somewhere in the 30s). That's the sort of thing that causes folks to just not bother come election day -- especially if the weather isn't good or a host of other reasons.

You need to have folks excited about voting for you or a good size chunk of your supporters might just stay home.
                        That's definitely true in a normal election season.

In this one, I suspect the lack of enthusiasm is specifically about the candidate - but that enthusiasm for casting votes is abnormally high.
                        Last edited by Whateverman; 07-22-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

But lack of enthusiasm for Biden may keep young voters away. That's not good for Biden if it occurs...
                          But enthusiasm against trump is very high, that’s what would make them come out and vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                            But enthusiasm against trump is very high, that’s what would make them come out and vote.
                            That remains to be seen.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment