Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Must They Try And Control Everything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    You have yet to demonstrate why it is an invasion of privacy. Mere assertions do not suffice.
    You certainly have not produced anything of more substance. I believe in the least government possible. You do not seem to agree. What evidence is it that you are looking for. When the schools are able to do more than suck up money and produce poorer students I would be open to considering additional possible roles. Certainly not social reformation.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Eh, as I see it, it should be up to the school to justify why they should be allowed to make reports about the student's weight, not the other way around.
      I hereby press the "Amen" button.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

No, but I don't think sending a report to their parents is the right way to go about it. I mean, if someone's kid really is "severely overweight" I don't think they need a letter from their kid's school to tell it to them, they have eyes of their own.
        I hereby press the "Amen" button.

Comment

. . . I don't think they need a letter from their kid's school to tell it to them, they have eyes of their own.
          This is why I think we are looking at undesirable invasion of privacy. Do you think government agencies should go around sending letters to fat people telling them they are fat? How is this not exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            You certainly have not produced anything of more substance. I believe in the least government possible. You do not seem to agree. What evidence is it that you are looking for. When the schools are able to do more than suck up money and produce poorer students I would be open to considering additional possible roles. Certainly not social reformation.
            Yeah... let them prove they can do their PRIMARY job before they ....

YEAH!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              You certainly have not produced anything of more substance.
              I'm not the one taking a hard stand that "the schools shouldn't do X and X is an invasion of privacy".

Comment

Well you have my reasons. What do you say now?

Comment

Hey, Pap . . .

Comment