Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This story... SMH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This story... SMH

The White House accidentally revealed the name of the CIA's top intelligence official in Afghanistan to some 6,000 journalists.

The person was included on a list of people attending a military briefing for President Barack Obama during his surprise visit to Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan on Sunday. It's common for such lists to be given to the media, but names of intelligence officials are rarely provided. In this case, the individual's name was listed next to the title, "Chief of Station." The print pool reporter -- a journalist allowed access to or is given information about an event who relays it to the rest of the media -- copied and pasted the list that was provided by the White House.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

And people like Truthseeker think the goobermint is competent enough to have all of those conspiracies and coverups like JFK, and yet at the same time are stupid enough to let something like this happen.

Comment

Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter is smiling again. When somebody speaks of incompetent administrations, he's no longer at the top of the list.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        The White House accidentally revealed the name of the CIA's top intelligence official in Afghanistan to some 6,000 journalists.

The person was included on a list of people attending a military briefing for President Barack Obama during his surprise visit to Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan on Sunday. It's common for such lists to be given to the media, but names of intelligence officials are rarely provided. In this case, the individual's name was listed next to the title, "Chief of Station." The print pool reporter -- a journalist allowed access to or is given information about an event who relays it to the rest of the media -- copied and pasted the list that was provided by the White House.
        Great..the government ruined their own OPSEC...
        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I support the :
        sigpic

Comment

Considering the firestorm that resulted from the "outing"[1] of Valerie Plame back in 2003 I wonder if there will be calls for a special prosecutor to investigate the leak.

Oh, who am I kidding?

1. I put outing in quotation marks since by all accounts her role as a CIA agent was pretty much an open secret in Washington.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Considering the firestorm that resulted from the "outing"[1] of Valerie Plame back in 2003 I wonder if there will be calls for a special prosecutor to investigate the leak.

Oh, who am I kidding?

1. I put outing in quotation marks since by all accounts her role as a CIA agent was pretty much an open secret in Washington.
            EGGzackly
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I hope they don't release my secret CIA identity!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                *snicker*

It's not a secret.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I remember when you cut a star from a tin can, put in your wallet and then flashed it at me saying you were a DEA agent and needed to seize my bacon as a "controlled substance." IIRC, that was how you gained a hook for your hand.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I remember when you cut a star from a tin can, put in your wallet and then flashed it at me saying you were a DEA agent and needed to seize my bacon as a "controlled substance." IIRC, that was how you gained a hook for your hand.
                    That was halloween.

I am glad nobody knows I am a real double-nought spy or it would mean I wasted those $10 I sent in to the CIA address on the back of that comic book, next to the Xray specs ad.

Comment

That was halloween.

I am glad nobody knows I am a real double-nought spy or it would mean I wasted those $10 I sent in to the CIA address on the back of that comic book, next to the Xray specs ad.
                      And just below the sea monkey ad

Comment

And just below the sea monkey ad
                        yep that's the one.

Comment

I remember we each ordered something from that comic. I got the double-naught spy kit:

You started on your Kung Fu journey:

Cow Poke bought his first ranch:

And Teal got started with her animal collecting:

Comment

I remember we each ordered something from that comic. I got the double-naught spy kit:

You started on your Kung Fu journey:

Cow Poke bought his first ranch:

And Teal got started with her animal collecting:

You guys should have hid the one Foudroyant and Epo saw...

That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Epo's pic makes me want to vomit.

Comment