Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We All Live On Stolen Land...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We All Live On Stolen Land...

And so goes the trope. No we did not steal the land per se, we conquered it. Exactly what native tribes were doing to each other long before the white man showed up. We just happened to be the bigger more advanced tribe. And I wonder if the leftists who are complaining about us living on stolen land are willing to give their houses and lands back to the American Indians. Or will they remain blatant hypocrites.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    And so goes the trope. No we did not steal the land per se, we conquered it.
    A little from column A, a little from column B...

We initially took it, then we conquered it, and then we used the law to continue taking it.

You've presented a false dichotomy...

Comment

And so goes the trope. No we did not steal the land per se, we conquered it. Exactly what native tribes were doing to each other long before the white man showed up. We just happened to be the bigger more advanced tribe. And I wonder if the leftists who are complaining about us living on stolen land are willing to give their houses and lands back to the American Indians. Or will they remain blatant hypocrites.
      Precisely. The early Americans exercised a form of Imperialism. Colonists and settlers with vastly superior military technology moved into new territories, took them over either by massacring the indigenous peoples, driving them out, or reducing them to a subservient position.

The Europeans also did it across regions of the world. However, most modern European nations feel a sense of shame at the behaviour of their predecessors.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

There's also the myth that the Indians were the ultimate environmentalists when in reality, the reason they lived as nomads is because they would basically strip everything they could from the land until it could no longer support them, and then they would move to a new location.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          Precisely. The early Americans exercised a form of Imperialism. Colonists and settlers with vastly superior military technology moved into new territories, took them over either by massacring the indigenous peoples, driving them out, or reducing them to a subservient position.
          We did not do anything that the native tribes were doing to each other.

The Europeans also did it across regions of the world. However, most modern European nations feel a sense of shame at the behaviour of their predecessors.
          Do you think the The Lakota feel a sense of shame after slaughtering the Cheyenne, Crow, Kiowa or Pawnee and taking their lands?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I am certain the leftist status will remain intact.

If these people were serious, :), they would come up with a chart, telling everyone who owns what, so we know where to move. Who knows, I may get a better house out of it in my new European country.

I would suspect that all black lives would move to Africa, most Hispanics would move back to Spain, and whites will go wherever they are supposed to go.

Those who are biracial will need to cut themselves up and deliver themselves appropriately. I guess it will be better to be a pure bred.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

We initially took it, then we conquered it, and then we used the law to continue taking it.

Are you talking to yourself again?

Comment

I think most Americans are ashamed at the antics of some of our ancestors, specifically things like the Trail of Tears and the smallpox blanket fiasco.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And so goes the trope. No we did not steal the land per se, we conquered it.

Are you talking to yourself again?
                  What part of my post was difficult to understand?

Yes, we did steal land from native Americans. Drumpf gave a speech on stolen land this last July 4.
                  Last edited by Whateverman; 07-07-2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Christian Manifest Destiny.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Yes, we did steal land from native Americans. Drumpf gave a speech on stolen land this last July 4.
                      Like I said it wasn't anything that the native tribes weren't doing to each other. The land Trump was standing on was stolen from other tribes by The Lakota. Now what?
                      Last edited by seer; 07-07-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Who is Drumpf?
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So what?
                          So you said we didn't steal land from native Americans. You were wrong.

Sure, they weren't all singing Kumbaya when we arrived, but that doesn't change the fact that we stole land from them, and then used the government to do the same thing legally.

The land Trump was standing on what stolen from other tribes by The Lakota. Now what?

So, rather than pretend no land was stolen, now you're demanding a solution to a complicated land dispute. Fun.

Comment

So you said we didn't steal land from native Americans. You were wrong.
                            I don't see conquering and stealing as the same thing. And since the The Lakota took it from other tribes did we just steal from the thieves?

Sure, they weren't all singing Kumbaya when we arrived, but that doesn't change the fact that we stole land from them, and then used the government to do the same thing legally.
                            Again, so what? Evolution at its finest.

So, rather than pretend no land was stolen, now you're demanding a solution to a complicated land dispute. Fun.[/COLOR]
                            There is no dispute. We own the land, simple...

Comment

We did not do anything that the native tribes were doing to each other.
                              One could make the same argument for European Imperialism exhibited within Africa. Tribal rivalries and wars were not unknown prior to the seventeenth century.

Do you think the The Lakota feel a sense of shame after slaughtering the Cheyenne, Crow, Kiowa or Pawnee and taking their lands?
                              How do you think their descendants might feel about the behaviours of the white man?
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment