Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Don't Dare Defend Yourself From The MOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Their character flaw is not an excuse to engage in an unconstitutional act.
    Nor did I claim it did.

Which is exactly why I started with "OK, not that it matters in what's happened so far....."

It MIGHT matter if and when there's a trial.

And the fact Leon amen'd your post should be disconcerting to you and might make you want to reconsider the argument you just made. I just hope, being lawyers, they sure the crap out the police department for this, and all other parties involved.
    Well, gee, thanks for that very calm and relevant response. I'm only exploring possible reasons for why this happened, not justifying it in any way, shape or form.

Which is why I said "OK, not that it matters in what's happened so far.....". Did I mention that?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I amened Cow Poke because I had found similar news seanD. Why not think the best of why I’d do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        I amened Cow Poke because I had found similar news seanD. Why not think the best of why I’d do something.
        And all I'm doing - like I always do in these cases - is try to see ALL the facts. Some of them mean nothing during the first stage, but may mean a lot when it gets to trial, if it should go that far.
        And looking at "reasons why something may have happened" is not the same as justifying why those things happened.

It appears that this couple has had a long and troubled relationship with their local city officials. They, supposedly, seen to be the "problem children" on the block.

Now, did they do anything illegal? The State's Attorney General seems to think not. The local officials may well be acting out of prejudice against this couple.

Finally, it appears that the "offense" they committed was pointing loaded weapons AT people, rather than just appearing with weapons "at the ready" to defend their property.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Some towns you just don't mess with...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Their character flaw is not an excuse to engage in an unconstitutional act. And the fact Leon amen'd your post should be disconcerting to you and might make you want to reconsider the argument you just made. I just hope, being lawyers, they sure the crap out the police department for this, and all other parties involved.
            Now you’re gonna fault Cow Poke for the amens he gets?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
              Now you’re gonna fault Cow Poke for the amens he gets?
              I amen'd you just to get you in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Nor did I claim it did.

Which is exactly why I started with "OK, not that it matters in what's happened so far....."

It MIGHT matter if and when there's a trial.

Well, gee, thanks for that very calm and relevant response. I'm only exploring possible reasons for why this happened, not justifying it in any way, shape or form.

Which is why I said "OK, not that it matters in what's happened so far.....". Did I mention that?
                You did claim it, and that's why you posted it. You're doing everything you can justify what the cops did. What the McCloskeys did in the past is totally irrelevant to an unconstitutional act of having their arms seized with no charges against them. You and I and everyone else knows it. Basically it comes down to the police being lapdogs, like I said earlier. They're just following tyrannical orders given by the state. Okay, fine, I agree, don't try and justify their behavior, just leave it at that.

Comment

You did claim it, and that's why you posted it. You're doing everything you can justify what the cops did.
                  Nope - I'm TOTALLY against what they did - I was looking for any possible explanation for WHY they did it.

What the McCloskeys did in the past is totally irrelevant to an unconstitutional act of having their arms seized with no charges against them.
                  Again, that's why I said "OK, not that it matters in what's happened so far"...

You and I and everyone else knows it.
                  I know that I don't - in any way, shape or form - condone what the police did. JUST LIKE I tried my best to find any rationale whatsoever for the George Floyd incident - AND COULD NOT - I look at all sides of the angle.

Basically it comes down to the police being lapdogs, like I said earlier. They're just following tyrannical orders given by the state. Okay, fine, I agree, don't try and justify their behavior, just leave it at that.
                  Wow.

Comment

Nope - I'm TOTALLY against what they did - I was looking for any possible explanation for WHY they did it.

Again, that's why I said "OK, not that it matters in what's happened so far"...

I know that I don't - in any way, shape or form - condone what the police did. JUST LIKE I tried my best to find any rationale whatsoever for the George Floyd incident - AND COULD NOT - I look at all sides of the angle.

Wow.
                    If you believe it doesn't matter then you wouldn't have posted it, CP. So just stop with that nonsense.

Comment

If you believe it doesn't matter then you wouldn't have posted it, CP. So just stop with that nonsense.
                      Why are you so thick-skulled? I've CLEARLY said I was looking for WHY the police would do such a thing, which could give an indication to what might happen should there be a trial. Nobody's making you read my posts -- just ignore me!

What's up with you? You're normally not such a [that word I'm not saying anymore].

Comment

Why are you so thick-skulled? I've CLEARLY said I was looking for WHY the police would do such a thing, which could give an indication to what might happen should there be a trial. Nobody's making you read my posts -- just ignore me!

What's up with you? You're normally not such a [that word I'm not saying anymore].
                        You don't need a "why." The police did it because they don't care about the Constitution, it's that simple. It couldn't be anymore plainer, and it's evident not just here, but how they behaved against ordinary folks during the lockdown. They're lapdogs for the state like I said for what... the fifth time now? I know that bothers you, but it is what it is. I'm sure there are some exceptions.

Comment

The police did it because they don't care about the Constitution, it's that simple.
                          wow

Comment

wow
                            Wow what?

Comment

Wow what?
                              wow sir!

Comment

If there was ever a time for Trump to be an obnoxious blowhard on twitter, now would be the time. He should tweet about it and at least get a national discussion about it, so we know why this is happening.

Comment