Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police Unions: Rumble of Discontent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Unions: Rumble of Discontent

If I read this right, the Seattle Police Union was kicked out of the major parent organization?

https://mynorthwest.com/1966469/seat...n-king-county/
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    If I read this right, the Seattle Police Union was kicked out of the major parent organization?

https://mynorthwest.com/1966469/seat...n-king-county/
    Yeah, I thought this would be coming --- the left wing of the Democratic party was even anti-police back in Hillary's campaign days.
    So, the Democrats are beholden to Unions, and Unions always have to honor one another - respect the picket line of another Union, etc...

So "Labor" is definitely a "left" thing, but Police are "law and order" kind of issues for the "right", so something had to give.

Only those Police Unions who would maintain loyalty to "Labor" will be able to stand.

Mind you, some of the "Police Unions" are actually "Association of Fraternal Order of Police" or some such, and some are actually "organized labor" akin to AFL/CIO.

And since the left fringe of the Democratic Party is so into this DEFUND thing, Unions have become targets, as well. In some cases, I think that's GOOD!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, I thought this would be coming --- the left wing of the Democratic party was even anti-police back in Hillary's campaign days.
      Yup. Back during her 2008 run at one rally her crowd booed the police there on stage (nearly all political appointees and good liberals) causing her to scold them because, as she admonished, they were the good ones.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yup. Back during her 2008 run at one rally her crowd booed the police there on stage (nearly all political appointees and good liberals) causing her to scold them because, as she admonished, they were the good ones.
        Maybe they were booing her? I can't think of anyone I'd rather "boo".

Comment

It's the only way the liberals can still support unions while opposing police.

Comment