Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WSJ report: New York's coronavirus response made pandemic worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Did you, per chance, see any of Cuomo's comments today? He blamed God, he blamed 'the federal government', he declared it's not a blame game, he blamed the nursing homes themselves...
    His refusal to accept any responsibility is eerily Trump-like. I definitely won't be supporting him if he runs for president.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

His refusal to accept any responsibility is eerily Trump-like. I definitely won't be supporting him if he runs for president.
      It's very Cuomo like

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But he does it with such seriousness.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, at least 70 percent of covid-19 deaths in the US have been people aged 70 and older, and at least a third of them were people in nursing homes.

Tell me again how much worse Cuomo did than everyone else.
          The last sentence is the whole problem Cuomo faces. At the height of the pandemic (I thinking spring into summer), he was lionized as doing the best job of anyone. He was being praised as the man in charge. As I recall, there was a day or two of muttering that he should be the presidential nominee instead of Biden.

The problem is not that Cuomo did worse than everyone else. The problem is we're discovering he didn't do any better than anyone else.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He bungled this badly at so many points, yet his approval in NY remains high --- are New Yorkers really that... um....
            Yeah, we are...As the virus passes (and it will) I am wondering what the political toll on the governors and legislature members will be. I think Cuomo will take a hit as the economic and social damage becomes more apparent plus I think the NY AG is gunning for his job. I'm thinking there will be a serious primary challenge to him in 2022 if he runs again.

(Aside: as I much as I dislike Cuomo and his policies, I'm going to like the AG's policy's even less if she gets elected.)
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment