Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump masks and self-distancing,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump masks and self-distancing,

Trump masks and self-distancing, and other stuff.

The moron on masks.

Source: https://www.salon.com/2020/06/18/trump-suggests-some-people-wear-face-masks-as-part-of-an-effort-to-damage-him-politically-_partner/

Trump suggests some people wear face masks as part of an effort to damage him politically

The president makes a number of outlandish claims in a brand new interview with The Wall Street Journal

resident Donald Trump on Thursday gave an interview to The Wall Street Journal in which he made a number of outlandish claims about the Chinese government, former national security adviser John Bolton, and even people who wear face masks.

Here are some of the highlights from the president's latest interview:

The president admitted that he had no evidence to back up his claim and said it was based only on an "internal sense."

2.) Trump says he hired John Bolton to make foreign leaders fearful that he'd go to war with them unless they gave him what he wanted.

The president spent a good deal of time trashing the man whom he'd appointed as his national security adviser, and divulged his true rationale for bringing him into his administration in the first place.

"The only thing I liked about Bolton was that everybody thought he was crazy," Trump explained. "When you walk into the room with him, you're in a good negotiating position, because they figure you're going to war if John Bolton was there."

3.) Trump says that he actually was threatening to have looters shot in his now-infamous tweet.

Trump earlier this month issued a warning to anti-police brutality protesters against rioting and looting during demonstrations by tweeting, "When the looting starts, the shooting starts."

Even though Trump then denied that he'd meant it as a direct threat to looters, he has now admitted to WSJ that he did mean it at least partially as a threat.

4.) Trump calls COVID-19 testing "overrated" then brags about how many tests the United States has done.

"I personally think testing is overrated, even though I created the greatest testing machine in history," Trump said of his administration's response to the pandemic.

Trump then explained that the testing "makes us look bad" by revealing how far the virus has spread.

5.) Trump brags that he made more people aware of Juneteenth by holding a rally on that date in a city known as the site of the worst anti-black pogrom in American history.

The president drew criticism for his decision to hold a rally in Tulsa, Okla., on June 19th, which is the day that commemorates the freeing of slaves in the United States.

In addition to stepping on Juneteenth with his rally, the president was also criticized for holding his rally in Tulsa, which was the site of the infamous "Black Wall Street" massacre of black Americans in 1921.

"I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous," Trump said. "It's actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it."
    "The president said the tweet could be read as either a threat or a fact," WSJ reports. "Asked how he intended it, Mr. Trump said 'a combination of both.'"

6.) Trump suggests some people are wearing face masks to damage him politically.

According to WSJ, the president "allowed for the possibility that some Americans wore facial coverings not as a preventative measure but as a way to signal disapproval of him."

He also said he worried that masks weren't really the best way to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, as too many people touched their face masks while wearing them.

"They put their finger on the mask, and they take them off, and then they start touching their eyes and touching their nose and their mouth," he said. "And then they don't know how they caught it?"

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-18-2020, 07:48 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Whew. It makes me think how much worse it would have been with Hillary as President.

It is unexpected that we again only have Trump as the sole viable candidate for President in the upcoming election. So, vote for Trump in November.

Comment

I've said before that masks are the new virtue signaling. The way I've seen the majority of people using masks in public, they would actually be better off not using a mask at all.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Whew. It makes me think how much worse it would have been with Hillary as President.

It is unexpected that we again only have Trump as the sole viable candidate for President in the upcoming election. So, vote for Trump in November.
        Can you come up with a better response. Hillary is not the issue.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Can you come up with a better response. Hillary is not the issue.
          I gave the most logical response to a TDS post.

Comment

[cite]
            5.) Trump brags that he made more people aware of Juneteenth by holding a rally on that date in a city known as the site of the worst anti-black pogrom in American history.

The president drew criticism for his decision to hold a rally in Tulsa, Okla., on June 19th, which is the day that commemorates the freeing of slaves in the United States.

In addition to stepping on Juneteenth with his rally, the president was also criticized for holding his rally in Tulsa, which was the site of the infamous "Black Wall Street" massacre of black Americans in 1921.

"I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous," Trump said. "It's actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it."
            [/cite]
            What's hilarious is those on this board suggesting that Trump had no idea of the significance of Juneteeth. He makes fools of his defenders again / still. Of courser Republicans don't care about truth or accuracy so I doubt they mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I've said before that masks are the new virtue signaling. The way I've seen the majority of people using masks in public, they would actually be better off not using a mask at all.
              Sounds like you and Trump are in the same bed. Self-distancing and masks are the only known effective control of COVID 19 in public, Cleaning everything including compulsive hand clean just makes things cleaner.

There is a direct relationship between the failure of self-distancing and use of masks and the spread of COVID-19.

Frank

Comment

I gave the most logical response to a TDS post.
                Can you come up with a better response. Hillary is not the issue. This reflects Trump's interview and his own words.

Yeah! TDS - Trump Devotion Syndrome
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-18-2020, 09:33 PM.

Frank

Comment

Trump Devotion Syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                    What's hilarious is those on this board suggesting that Trump had no idea of the significance of Juneteeth. He makes fools of his defenders again / still. Of courser Republicans don't care about truth or accuracy so I doubt they mind.
                    I notice they are silent on the other stuff in the interview.

Frank

Comment

I notice they are silent on the other stuff in the interview.
                      Trump was a lot more fun for them when he kept the crazy at a low enough level to give plausible deniability.

Comment

"The president said the tweet could be read as either a threat or a fact," WSJ reports. "Asked how he intended it, Mr. Trump said 'a combination of both.'"
                        I can't tell if this is truly a nothing burger. It is fine for a candidate goes to a place for healing where the Democrat stronghold was worst in June of 1865. If a Democrat candidate set a rally there, the news would praise that candidate.

Nor can we say that Tulsa is a place to avoid for a rally to unify the nation. Again it seems that we have hypocrisy of the media and Democrats to make this sound negative. We cannot abandon cities forever for the events from the past unless there is reason to think those cities are unredeemable

(The other alternative is that a deep state person recommended this location against all sensibility. However, it is the Democrats and media again who hype up the racist angle.)

There remains this Northern effort to rekindle the divisions leading into the Civil War. The present tactic of the Democrats and media is to make the South into an everlasting enemy, the unending Bogeyman. May God heal us of this effort.
                        Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-18-2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I can't tell if this is truly a nothing burger. It is fine for a candidate goes to a place for healing where the Democrat stronghold was worst in June of 1865. If a Democrat candidate set a rally there, the news would praise that candidate.

Nor can we say that Tulsa is a place to avoid for a rally to unify the nation. Again it seems that we have hypocrisy of the media and Democrats to make this sound negative. We cannot abandon cities forever for the events from the past unless there is reason to think those cities are unredeemable

There remains this Northern effort to rekindle the divisions leading into the Civil War. The present tactic of the Democrats and media is to make the South into an everlasting enemy, the unending Bogeyman. May God heal us of this effort.
                          Da [heck]?

Comment

Sounds like you and Trump are in the same bed. Self-distancing and masks are the only known effective control of COVID 19 in public, Cleaning everything including compulsive hand clean just makes things cleaner.

There is a direct relationship between the failure of self-distancing and use of masks and the spread of COVID-19.
                            I'm not exaggerating: the way the vast majority of people use masks, they're doing themselves more harm than good.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              Da [heck]?
                              I assume you have a different recommendation for healing the nation -- one which is better than making an everlasting enemy of the South and all its inhabitants.

Comment