Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump asks to increase presidential debates, concedes he is losing to Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump asks to increase presidential debates, concedes he is losing to Biden

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/rud...ebates-report/

“Top aides to President Trump tried on Thursday to negotiate with the commission overseeing presidential debates to increase the number of times that Mr. Trump and former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. face off in the fall,” The New York Times reported Thursday.

It is traditional for a candidate who thinks they are losing the race to ask for more debates as a mechanism to increase their standing among voters.

There's still a ~0% chance Trump actually debates Biden of course.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    There's still a ~0% chance Trump actually debates Biden of course.
    I don't disagree that the debates might not happen.

However, I think Trump would go for it, if he thinks he can spin it to his advantage. For example, have the rules be malleable, or allow him to talk without answering questions - and he's all over that. Force him to answer questions though, and he'd lose - flat out; there'd be no contest.

Comment

Is this supposed to be a shock? Haven't conservatives in here been saying a one-on-one debate spells doom for Biden? Why do you think Biden's campaign has been hiding him in the basement from the press, reading scripted replies, all this time? How is this a gotcha thread? Case in point...

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Pray that they drop Biden? Your best chance is if they replace Biden. Otherwise, I believe that's Trump's only chance.
      If I and others know this, why wouldn't Trump's campaign know this?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Is this supposed to be a shock? Haven't conservatives in here been saying a one-on-one debate spells doom for Biden? Why do you think Biden's campaign has been hiding him in the basement from the press, reading scripted replies, all this time? How is this a gotcha thread? Case in point...

If I and others know this, why wouldn't Trump's campaign know this?
        Why didn't Sanders wipe the floor with Biden? He's no less sharp than Biden or Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Why didn't Sanders wipe the floor with Biden? He's no less sharp than Biden or Trump.
          Because Bernie is a wuss, that's why. Everyone knows this; even the progressives lament this fact about him. Not only is he a wuss, he's a good "friend" of Biden, so they basically stuck to the political script without any personal attack during their debate. Duh!

Comment