Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's game-changers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's game-changers

"Whaddya have to lose?"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/15/polit...rus/index.html

FDA revokes authorization of drug Trump touted

Source: CNN

(CNN) The Food and Drug Administration has revoked its emergency use authorization for the drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for the treatment of Covid-19.

Hydroxychloroquine was frequently touted by President Donald Trump, and he has claimed to have used it himself.

After reviewing the current research available on the drugs, the FDA determined that the drugs do not meet "the statutory criteria" for emergency use authorization as they are unlikely to be effective in treating Covid-19 based on the latest scientific evidence, the agency noted on its website on Monday.

"FDA has concluded that, based on this new information and other information discussed in the attached memorandum, it is no longer reasonable to believe that oral formulations of HCQ and CQ may be effective in treating COVID-19, nor is it reasonable to believe that the known and potential benefits of these products outweigh their known and potential risks," FDA chief scientist Denise Hinton wrote in a letter to Gary Disbrow of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) on Monday. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have been tied to serious cardiac events as well as other side effects among Covid-19 patients.

© Copyright Original Source

https://pmd.cdn.turner.com/cnn/big/p...x432_1300k.mp4
    Last edited by Whateverman; 06-15-2020, 12:37 PM.

Yay. No cures allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      Yay. No cures allowed.
      Hydroxochloroquine wasn’t a cure; we have landed on the Moon; Kennedy was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald; vaccines do not cause autism; 5G doesn’t cause covid-19; and other sentences that are true.

Largely what Trump did is proof that presidents should just listen to their science advisors.

Comment

I'm shocked, *shocked* that those demanding us to trust Trump on this and then insisting that the news that this drug wasn't panning out was fake news are nowhere to be seen in this thread. Surely Christian RWNJs value truth as much as I do, right?

Comment

Yay. No cures allowed.
          It was never meant to be a cure. It was touted as a potential treatment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Thanks. I'll try to remember to use the right terms.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Yay. No cures allowed.
              Thanks. I'll try to remember to use the right terms.
              Sarcasm aside, that doesn't help you. If we "fixed" your original quote to say:

Yay, no potential cures allowed
              or - Yay, no therapies allowed
              or - Yay, no vaccines allowed

... we'd point out that those are just as wrong. We're working on a vaccine, and there are already a few therapies in use.

Trump's "game-changer" simply isn't any of those, and never will be (AFAICT)

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                Sarcasm aside, that doesn't help you. If we "fixed" your original quote to say:

Yay, no potential cures allowed
                or - Yay, no therapies allowed
                or - Yay, no vaccines allowed

... we'd point out that those are just as wrong. We're working on a vaccine, and there are already a few therapies in use.

Trump's "game-changer" simply isn't any of those, and never will be (AFAICT)
                Let's keep celebrating that there is no treatment anymore. Put everyone on the ventliators. Cuomo will take care of them. They have an island where they can put the patients' remains.

Comment

Let's keep celebrating that there is no treatment anymore. Put everyone on the ventliators. Cuomo will take care of them. They have an island where they can put the patients' remains.
                  Mikewhitney have you considered that maybe the scientific community is right on this one? That hydroxochloroquine isn't a viable treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    Mikewhitney have you considered that maybe the scientific community is right on this one? That hydroxochloroquine isn't a viable treatment?
                    The last one I heard about involved patients at 800 hospitals across the world. It was pulled because the researcher was unable to share details of their study.

It depends which part of the scientific community you are talking about.

Comment

The last one I heard about involved patients at 800 hospitals across the world. It was pulled because the researcher was unable to share details of their study.
                      That sounds like an outright scam. Was he asking for money, donation or seeking funding? Reminds me of free energy scams of guys who claim they've figured out cold fusion, or sources of unlimited cheap energy, but all they need is funding and they won't share the details of the device.

It depends which part of the scientific community you are talking about.
                      The scientific community as a whole. Not the naturopaths or anything associated with 'alternative'.

Comment

That sounds like an outright scam. Was he asking for money, donation or seeking funding? Reminds me of free energy scams of guys who claim they've figured out cold fusion, or sources of unlimited cheap energy, but all they need is funding and they won't share the details of the device.
                        I think it was Lancet that had published this study.

The scientific community as a whole. Not the naturopaths or anything associated with 'alternative'.
                        sure. I was referring to the scientific community as a whole.

Comment

The company only had 6 employees.
                          I think it was Lancet that had published this study.

sure. I was referring to the scientific community as a whole -- maybe more to the medical community of researchers.

www.thelancet.comVol 385 April 11, 2015
                          Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-15-2020, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Let's keep celebrating that there is no treatment anymore.
                            Didja forget Remdesivir?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              Didja forget Remdesivir?
                              Oh yes. That cure is really a killer. But it will be approved because it is promoted by the crooked Fauci.

Comment