Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sex starved incel liberal goes on shooting spree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex starved incel liberal goes on shooting spree

Incel = involuntarily celibate

Liveleak has a video of him threatening to shoot up a sorority because no girl will date him (possible NSFW language warning, i watched it this morning so I don't remember)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4fd_1400921453

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24...-barbara-area/

A lawyer for a Hollywood director says he suspects his son carried out a mass shooting near the Santa Barbara campus late Friday that left seven people dead, including the gunman, and seven injured in what authorities say was a “premeditated mass murder.”

Authorities have not confirmed the identity of the gunman who was found dead of a gunshot wound to the head at the end of Friday’s rampage. But lawyer Alan Shifman, attorney for Peter Rodger, an assistant director on “The Hunger Games” film series, says that Rodger believes the shooter is his 22-year-old son Elliot Rodger.

Police say a gunman driving a BMW near the university campus carried out the rampage. Authorities described the tragedy as "obviously the work of a mad man."
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

(I've been avoiding TWeb, but when this story hit I knew this would be hilarious. What I didn't know is how you hilariously DE would try to counterspin this.)

The dude was a card carrying MRA. Subscribing to their youtube channels, posting to their forums (under his own name, no less)...

Source: The video he posted a day before the incident

"It's not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don't know why you girls have never been attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It's an injustice, a crime, because I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.""I will punish all of you for it," he says again, and then he laughs.
    "On the day of retribution I will enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB, and I will slaughter every single spoiled stuck up blonde slut I see inside there. All those girls that I've desired so much, they would have all rejected me and looked down upon me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them. While they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes. I'll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one. The true Alpha Male."

© Copyright Original Source

For extra fun, go look at the various manosphere blogs, subreddits, forums right now. There's a depressing quantity of elation. I'm sure we'll get Epo in here (if he hasn't been banned yet) to spout bile at us.

This sort of thing is the far end of a scale:

At the insidious society-wide level, men feel entitled to women's bodies and time: men are encouraged to keep pressuring until they get a "yes", they feel entitled to women's time, attention and for sex with them (see: the friendzoning meme.)

Then we have the various people actively spewing explicitly misogynistic views on various things - to the extent of making an actual political ideology out of being disgusting.

And then we have violence based on said entitlement. Rape, sexual assault. Domestic violence to an extent (that tends to be more about controlling other aspects rather than just access to their bodies.) And yeah, murder - especially of intimate partners, but also in rare cases stuff like this.

TL;DR:
    1. Don't treat this like an isolated incident of a madman, when it clearly has well-established roots.
    2. There's a pattern of violence in society.
    3. Burn the MRA movement down.
    Last edited by Chrs; 05-24-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Card carrying what, now? It was probable that feminists would crow about the guy, but it's a simple category error:

In any event, some feminists are now trying to blame MRAs for the killings, despite the fact that Elliot Rodger clearly doesn’t care about anything other than sex, and in fact hates men who do have sex, which includes the overwhelming majority of men who care about men’s issues/rights.
      He posts on a forum called PUAHate. What's that forum about? Glad you asked:

Someone with the username EliotRodger was a regular poster on an online message board called PUAhate, on which men who have been unlucky with women commiserate, criticise one another, excoriate the opposite sex, and denounce PUA’s, or pick-up artists — dating gurus whom they accuse of preying on desperate men like themselves for financial gain.

Many of the posters identify themselves as “incels,” short for involuntary celibates, and some of the posts fantasize about violence toward women.

At this point, Rodger has not been declared a suspect in the shooting. But the PUAhate community has responded to the incident. Late last night, a forum member posted the video and wrote that “Eliot Rodger, a member of this forum, just shot two girls near Santa Barbara (Isla Vista).”

The responses to the post are notable for the same tone of self-loathing and seething frustration displayed by the man in the video. “He sounds like an [expletive],” reads the first reply.

Another chimes in, “He sounds aspie as [expletive],” a reference to Asperger’s syndrome. Several others criticise the man’s “villain laugh.”

An example of the sort of intense criticism of one another’s appearance that is common on the site comes from a member named Colez, who writes:

He’s not “ugly” in layman’s terms, but he has no sex appeal. Short lower third and gay midface, with zero brow ridge. … We must dig deeper.

He should have gotten a hair-cut, aqcuired neck tattoos and gone over the top with the sociopathic act, that would have gotten him hotties. Unfortunately, like most on this site, he’s too aspie to realise it. Lock him up and throw away the key.
      Originally posted by Chrs the hysterical feminist
      1. Don't treat this like an isolated incident of a madman, when it clearly has well-established roots.
      Funny, I've posted on those roots before. Come to think of it, Roissy/Heartiste has posted on those roots before:

Originally posted by Heartiste
      A sexually frustrated beta has sublimated his pain into a murderous shooting spree aimed at his ex-girlfriend. He left an online diary behind offering a glimpse of his blackened soul:

Sodini’s Aug. 3 online diary entry, which included a date of death, was full of disturbing musings about religion and his plans for the attack. He noted that he hadn’t had a drink since 2:30 on Friday as part of his preparation.

“Total effort needed. Tomorrow is the big day. Unfortunately I talked to my neighbor today, who is very positive and upbeat. I need to remain focused and absorbed COMPLETELY,” the diary read. “Last time I tried this, in January, I chickened out.”

The diary also indicated that Sodini hadn’t had sex since 1990 and that his so-called “practice papers” — details about the planning of the attack — are welcome to be published afterward because “maybe all this will shed insight on why some people just cannot make things happen in their life, which can potentially benefit others”.

When men kill women, the underlying reason is almost always an unfulfilled psychosexual need. This goes for spree shooters, rapists, and serial killers. I’m not surprised Sodini hadn’t had sex in nearly 20 years. As I’ve written before, to some men on the losing side of the desireability bell curve celibacy is walking death and anything is justified in avoiding that miserable fate.

Click on the first link to see a picture of Sodini. He’s not a bad-looking guy and he’s in shape. There is nothing outwardly repulsive about him that would cripple his chances with women. But as we know the physical appearance of a man reveals little about the state of his spirit. A decent looking guy can harbor the sunken ship of a broken beta heart, and clearly Sodini was a beta, if not an omega, as his 20 year dry spell attests.

If Sodini had learned game he would have been able to find another woman and gotten laid after his ex dumped him. He wouldn’t have spent the next 20 years steeped in bile and weighed down by his Sisyphian blue balls, dreaming of vengeance. Game could have saved the lives of the women Sodini killed.

I agree with the gist of what commenter Whiskey has written — as the West reverts back to the ancestral sexual market that is currently in operation in sub-Saharan Africa, we are going to see a growing eunuchracy of involuntarily celibate betas and the marginalized men in their ranks decide that exiting in a blaze of hot lead beats living in loveless obscurity. And ex-girlfriends are target #1.
      Do tell. Or rather, don't.

Who's going to do the burning for you? When feminism has been destroyed, and every woman here recoils in fear at even being described as one, I may choose to employ murder and arson against men who hate women. Until then, this event is nothing but a big

WE TOLD YOU SO

to all feminists and their enablers. Roissy was right from the beginning.

Comment

These idiots? The same bunch that can't get a decent website up and running?

I see Epo's drooling again...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

As one guy I know put it: He's got money, and he's not bad looking, so you would have thought he would have been able to at least have a slight modicum of success in dating, so women must have been able to tell he was a psycho from a mile away. And they would have been right.

ETA: Where does it say or even imply he was a liberal?
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
            TL;DR:
            I second this, especially #2: people who feel isolated, at least in modern America, seem to see violence as the way to seek attention instead of, you know, seeking psychiatric help. But the fact that such emotionally isolated individuals exist in the first place is an indictment against society. Big Brother can't fill in for the family structures that modern liberalism has deconstructed and swept away: we need a strong social safety net, but we also need to recognize how incapable government is with respect to providing it.

I'd also add that we shouldn't entirely ignore the way in which emotional health has been attached to sexual satisfaction and especially to being "in a relationship."

With respect to Epo's points, to focus in on PUAs, even as an object of hatred as that forum apparently does, is to buy into that unhealthy ideology.
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              ETA: Where does it say or even imply he was a liberal?
              He goes to college in California
              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

(I've been avoiding TWeb, but when this story hit I knew this would be hilarious. What I didn't know is how you hilariously DE would try to counterspin this.)
                There is no need to spin anything. He's a member of PuaHATE, a group of butthurt men who hate PUAs because they think they're all frauds. This fits in with my general analysis of mentally ill dweebs who go on shooting sprees (found below).

The dude was a card carrying MRA. Subscribing to their youtube channels, posting to their forums (under his own name, no less)...

"It's not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don't know why you girls have never been attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It's an injustice, a crime, because I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.""I will punish all of you for it," he says again, and then he laughs.
                "On the day of retribution I will enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB, and I will slaughter every single spoiled stuck up blonde slut I see inside there. All those girls that I've desired so much, they would have all rejected me and looked down upon me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them. While they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes. I'll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one. The true Alpha Male."

For extra fun, go look at the various manosphere blogs, subreddits, forums right now. There's a depressing quantity of elation. I'm sure we'll get Epo in here (if he hasn't been banned yet) to spout bile at us.

Well, you have a pretty low standard for what constitutes bile so maybe I can substitute. The MRA movement is full of butthurt egalitardian liberals who are really, really angry about the lack of focus on men's plight. Sexism (the dictionary definition) is a conservative thing. If this guy had been sexist he'd probably have a girlfriend in his league, or acknowledge that a guy as short as him puts most women out of his reach (not that he did anything to improve himself, apparently hanging out at bodybuilding.com was an acceptable substitute to actually working out, for example). Riding around in the BMW daddy's money bought him certainly isn't enough to make him competitive in a place full of the most attractive and successful men in the country (if not world). Misogyny OTOH is inherently liberal because it's produced when egalitarians find out that egalitarianism is a lie. But since they're still stuck in the mindset that women have complete agency over their wants and desires he begins to hate them because he takes their rejection personally.

At the insidious society-wide level, men feel entitled to women's bodies and time: men are encouraged to keep pressuring until they get a "yes", they feel entitled to women's time, attention and for sex with them (see: the friendzoning meme.)
                What a shallow, stupid analysis. "Hey guys don't do anything about those natural urges and desires, unless some girl comes along to satisfy them. Especially don't get angry when they don't find the things that liberals say they find attractive to actually be attractive." No wonder you guys keep producing these spree killers.

Then we have the various people actively spewing explicitly misogynistic views on various things - to the extent of making an actual political ideology out of being disgusting.

And then we have violence based on said entitlement. Rape, sexual assault. Domestic violence to an extent (that tends to be more about controlling other aspects rather than just access to their bodies.) And yeah, murder - especially of intimate partners, but also in rare cases stuff like this.
                Domestic violence probably added to his rage. Apparently a lot of women date, love and have sex with abusive men, but none of them were interested in him. No wonder he got violent. Monkey see, monkey do. If he had survived he'd almost certainly have an army of groupies more than willing to have sex with him.

TL;DR:
                I agree. Whenever someone goes on a killing spree it's always important to calm down and produce a sober analysis of how and why liberals are to blame.

Absolutely.

No need, it will dissipate naturally once we have destroyed liberalism and all its works.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                  He goes to college in California
                  He's also British and his dad is a Hollywood bigwig. I've also read that he follows The Young Turks but I haven't been able to get confirmation on that yet.

Comment

This sort of thing is the far end of a scale:

TL;DR:
                    Gotta love how he describes himself as "the perfect guy."

And considering what I've read in several articles I agree with the take in Forbes by Kashmir Hill concerning the Kos article:

Source: The Disturbing Internet Footprint Of Santa Barbara Shooter Elliot Rodger

This is severe oversimplification, and an overly rapid rush to judgment. Rodger’s hatred — of both men and women — seemed tied instead to narcissism, jealousy, feelings of privilege and the world owing him. His mental disturbance seems as much about class as gender warfare.

Rodger’s Facebook page is full of selfies and photos of his rich but lonely life. There are photos of him, by himself, flying first class and attending a private Katy Perry concert, and with his parents, at the Hunger Games premiere in 2012; his father was an assistant director of the film. Friends are generally absent from the photos and make few comments; he likes many of his own photos, and is usually the only one to do so. He was obsessed with himself and with putting his opulent lifestyle on display, and Facebook was the perfect outlet for it.

Rather than the bodybuilding and anti-PUA communities simply supporting his world views, many challenged them in the conversations I reviewed, all of which have removed from those forums but are available in cached form. ... On a forum on BodyBuilding.com, users were even more confrontational. When Rodger complained this month about seeing a “short, ugly Indian guy driving a Honda civic [with] a hot blonde girl in his passenger seat,” other users responded to say that he was racist, that his jealously was ugly and that the secret to getting girls was to “be fun to be around” not to have money and a BMW.

Source

It seems that his problem was far more than just not being able to find a girl who liked him. It appears that from the utter lack of friends that nobody wanted anything to do with him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      As one guy I know put it: He's got money, and he's not bad looking, so you would have thought he would have been able to at least have a slight modicum of success in dating, so women must have been able to tell he was a psycho from a mile away. And they would have been right.
                      Most psychos score big time with the ladies. Ted Bundy is notorious for being a very successful ladies' man. I read somewhere (am looking for source right now) that he's autistic, so maybe he just came off as a weirdo.

Edit: here you go

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/...sta-shootings/

The suspect’s family was aware their son needed help and he was being treated by “multiple professionals,” the attorney said. Elliot Rodgers was diagnosed at an earlier age with Asperger Syndrome, a highly-functional form of autism characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication.
                      A social worker as recently as last week was concerned by Rodger’s behavior and contacted law enforcement.
                      Shifman said police did not find a history of guns, but did say the man had trouble making friends and didn’t have any girlfriends. He allegedly was bullied throughout his life, citing a recent episode where he fell or was thrown off a balcony at a college party.
                      Looks like he gave away a "loser" vibe rather than a psycho vibe.
                      Last edited by Darth Executor; 05-24-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        Most psychos score big time with the ladies. Ted Bundy is notorious for being a very successful ladies' man. I read somewhere (am looking for source right now) that he's autistic, so maybe he just came off as a weirdo.
                        According to the Forbes article I cite above, his parent's lawyer said that Elliot Roger had been diagnosed as “a high-functioning patient with Asperger syndrome.”

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                          I second this, especially #2: people who feel isolated, at least in modern America, seem to see violence as the way to seek attention instead of, you know, seeking psychiatric help. But the fact that such emotionally isolated individuals exist in the first place is an indictment against society. Big Brother can't fill in for the family structures that modern liberalism has deconstructed and swept away: we need a strong social safety net, but we also need to recognize how incapable government is with respect to providing it.

I'd also add that we shouldn't entirely ignore the way in which emotional health has been attached to sexual satisfaction and especially to being "in a relationship."

With respect to Epo's points, to focus in on PUAs, even as an object of hatred as that forum apparently does, is to buy into that unhealthy ideology.

You do realize you're advocating violence, right? So your ideology is better than Epo's how, exactly?
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

Edit: here you go

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/...sta-shootings/

Looks like he gave away a "loser" vibe rather than a psycho vibe.
                            If he was trying to meet women at nightclubs and stuff, yeah, I can see how that's not going to work.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Gotta love how he describes himself as "the perfect guy."

And considering what I've read in several articles I agree with the take in Forbes by Kashmir Hill concerning the Kos article:

Source: The Disturbing Internet Footprint Of Santa Barbara Shooter Elliot Rodger

This is severe oversimplification, and an overly rapid rush to judgment. Rodger’s hatred — of both men and women — seemed tied instead to narcissism, jealousy, feelings of privilege and the world owing him. His mental disturbance seems as much about class as gender warfare.

Rodger’s Facebook page is full of selfies and photos of his rich but lonely life. There are photos of him, by himself, flying first class and attending a private Katy Perry concert, and with his parents, at the Hunger Games premiere in 2012; his father was an assistant director of the film. Friends are generally absent from the photos and make few comments; he likes many of his own photos, and is usually the only one to do so. He was obsessed with himself and with putting his opulent lifestyle on display, and Facebook was the perfect outlet for it.

Rather than the bodybuilding and anti-PUA communities simply supporting his world views, many challenged them in the conversations I reviewed, all of which have removed from those forums but are available in cached form. ... On a forum on BodyBuilding.com, users were even more confrontational. When Rodger complained this month about seeing a “short, ugly Indian guy driving a Honda civic [with] a hot blonde girl in his passenger seat,” other users responded to say that he was racist, that his jealously was ugly and that the secret to getting girls was to “be fun to be around” not to have money and a BMW.

Source

It seems that his problem was far more than just not being able to find a girl who liked him. It appears that from the utter lack of friends that nobody wanted anything to do with him.

Sad...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment