Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sex starved incel liberal goes on shooting spree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed to predict pretty much exactly what would be posted here. So let's go through this...

RE: PUAhate

Despite PUAHate being a website explicitly for opposing Pick Up Artists and assorted crap - doesn't mean that it's not of a distinctly "Manosphere" flavour. The site is full of the same misogyny and a lot of the same ideology - opposing it not on the grounds of it being the disgusting instruction manual for the rapeminded but because of it's effectiveness.

RE: Entitlement, etc.
    The piece Epo quoted in his first post actually has a slither of truth to it.
    When men kill women, the underlying reason is almost always an unfulfilled psychosexual need. This goes for spree shooters, rapists, and serial killers...

Of course, the conclusion is nothing short of evil:
    Originally posted by Same quote.
    If Sodini had learned game he would have been able to find another woman and gotten laid after his ex dumped him. He wouldn’t have spent the next 20 years steeped in bile and weighed down by his Sisyphian blue balls, dreaming of vengeance. Game could have saved the lives of the women Sodini killed.

In Epo/Roissy's view, the solution is to teach men "game" - which, for the (lucky) uninitiated - is essentially a method by which one manipulates and violates the boundaries of women in order to "pick [them] up."

How about, instead, we teach men that they are not entitled to women's bodies - that is the problem here. When everything in society teaches young men that they're entitled to women's bodies and they're unable to get what they think they're owed? Yeah. (In fact, this is pretty much the whole MRA movement in a nutshell.)

Originally posted by DE
    What a shallow, stupid analysis. "Hey guys don't do anything about those natural urges and desires, unless some girl comes along to satisfy them. Especially don't get angry when they don't find the things that liberals say they find attractive to actually be attractive." No wonder you guys keep producing these spree killers.

There are ways of persuing someone romantically/sexually that don't involve thinking you're owed their time, attention and sex with them. Or, for that matter, without harassment and violating someone's bodily autonomy.

The anger he shows is that of someone who believes that he is being denied what he is owed:
    Source: Elliot Rodger's Manifesto

How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves. I deserve it more.

© Copyright Original Source

(Bolding mine - and racism too, joy!)

RE: Mental Illness
    Firstly, people who have mental illnesses and haven't killed a load of people put your hand up. *raises hand* Mentally ill people are considerably more likely to be the victims of violence rather than the perpetrator.

That aside, it does seem (from the information we currently have available) that he had some sort of mental instability. On the other hand, that doesn't mean we shouldn't look at:
    • The fact that the MRA ideology facilitated and helped develop his extremism.
    • The fact that there are people (both in the MRM and not) defending, justifying or excusing his actions.
    • The fact that there's a pattern of VAW that this fits into - it's not an isolated incident. (see later)

(and let's also point out the gender inbalance in violence by/against people with mental health issues. Men commit more and are victims of less.)

(Also, there's a race thing here too. Notice how white mass murderers are mentally ill, brown ones are terrorists and black ones are thugs? Yeah.)

RE: "Politicising"
    This is a political matter. It was a political matter because of the motivations, because of the 140 page manifesto he wrote before committing mass murder. Because of the people defending his actions, or blaming them on women. Because people are denying the role of misogyny in his actions.

In case you missed the link to his manifesto, it's available here.

He makes it quite obvious that his actions are to further an agenda, as well as getting revenge for said perceived slight:
    Source: Manifesto

Women should not have the right to choose who to mate and breed with. That decision should be made for them by rational men of intelligence. If women continue to have rights, they will only hinder the advancement of the human race by breeding with degenerate men and creating stupid, degenerate offspring. This will cause humanity to become even more depraved with each generation. Women have more power in human society than they deserve, all because of sex. There is no creature more evil and depraved than the human female.
    Women are like a plague. They don’t deserve to have any right
    s. Their wickedness must be contained in order prevent future generations from falling to degeneracy. Women are vicious, evil, barbaric animals, and they need to be treated as such.

Including advocating for gendercide:
    Source: Manifesto

he first strike against women will be to quarantine all of them in concentration camps. At these camps, the vast majority of the female population will be deliberately starved to death. That would be an efficient and fitting way to kill them all off. I would take great pleasure and satisfaction in condemning every single woman on earth to starve to death. I would have an enormous tower built just for myself, where I can oversee the entire concentration camp and gleefully watch them all die.
    If I can’t have them, no one will,

I’d imagine thinking to myself as I oversee this. Women represent everything
    that is unfair with this world, and in order to make the world a fair place, they must all be eradicated. A few women would be spared, however, for the sake of reproduction. These women would be kept and bred in secret labs. There, they will be artificially inseminated with sperm samples in order to produce offspring. Their depraved nature will slowly be bred out of them in time.

Bolding mine. (Wanting to put women in concentration camps is a well known liberal belief, of course.)

This incident is entirely, absolutely to do with misogyny. He's quite obviously an extremist, absolutely - but his thinking is not too dissimilar to that of the MRM as a whole, and there are points to which the man on the street would agree to to some extent.

It's also a hate crime. This is an important thing to point out - and, as is a characteristic of hate crimes - it's a crime against a group rather than just the individuals.

[Won't embed this picture because it's awful, but have some people's comments on it: http://i.imgur.com/nlzhoFp.jpg - there are lots more where that came from.]

Yuuuuuup.

(I have seen a lot of "if women had slept with him, those people wouldn't have been killed" - which is edited terrifying.)

RE: Pattern of Violence Against Women
    Violence Against Women (VAW) is a pandemic (1) (2) - violence from intimate partners, friends/acquaintances and strangers (with the first two categories being more likely.) A lot of these acts of violence are about access/control of women's bodies/lives.

Ignoring this fact in one's analysis is a huge mistake. Any individual act of VAW doesn't just stand on its own, but in a culture in which it's rampant. Alongside this particular act this year (in the US) there will be about 300,000 rapes, 3,000 murders and a huge number of other physical assaults - ~60% of which will be perpetrated by a partner or ex-partner. (x)

The pattern of VAW is supported by a society which - as previously spoken about in length - makes men feel entitled to women and women's sexuality.

Thousands of men murder women each year, and millions more physically assault them. Not the actions of a lone madman.

I've heard this expressed as: If he [rodgers] had just murdered his girlfriend, no one would have heard about it.

RE: Teal and "advocating violence"
    I don't think I have enough fire to burn down every dingy basement.

Hello, welcome to rhetoric. For the unaware, I mean "Stop the movement. Stop making people think it's an okay ideology to have. Stop saying that "well, they have some points..." Don't associate with the evil bastards who are part of it. Don't give them platforms or support. Systematically dismantle the movement to the point where it no longer functions as a method for isolated misogynstic asshats to become... well, even more misogynistic asshats, I suppose."

Mmk?
    Last edited by Catholicity; 05-25-2014, 06:26 PM.

Comment

TL;DR The problem isn't a system that let's women not sleep with men, it's a system that let's men think they have a right to - and get violent if they're not able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
        I managed to predict pretty much exactly what would be posted here. So let's go through this...

RE: PUAhate

Despite PUAHate being a website explicitly for opposing Pick Up Artists and assorted crap - doesn't mean that it's not of a distinctly "Manosphere" flavour. The site is full of the same misogyny and a lot of the same ideology - opposing it not on the grounds of it being the disgusting instruction manual for the rapeminded but because of it's effectiveness.
        You gloss over the actual criticism, which is that this is the end game under liberalism for poorly socialized dweebs. Raging hatred of women. This guy's fantasies about throwing women into concentration camps is of the exact same nature as the fantasy radfeminists have of wiping out all men and perpetuating the human race only under laboratory conditions. If you change a few nouns around the two are pretty much indistinguishable, because they're the impotent ravings of the bottom rung of society after liberalism has raised their hopes to high heaven only to shatter it in a million pieces.

RE: Entitlement, etc.
        The piece Epo quoted in his first post actually has a slither of truth to it.

Of course, the conclusion is nothing short of evil:

In Epo/Roissy's view, the solution is to teach men "game" - which, for the (lucky) uninitiated - is essentially a method by which one manipulates and violates the boundaries of women in order to "pick [them] up."
        Game is supposed to be a method for making men more attractive to women. The reason why liberals complain about it is because it's sexist. Unfortunately reality seems to swing at least partly in favor of the Epo/Roissy view seeing how the dweeb of honor is getting a lot more positive attention from girls (and gay men) now that he butchered a few people whereas before he was invisible to them.

Seems to me that shooting sorority girls "violates their boundaries" and the violation of said boundaries has caused his popularity to skyrocket.

How about, instead, we teach men that they are not entitled to women's bodies - that is the problem here. When everything in society teaches young men that they're entitled to women's bodies and they're unable to get what they think they're owed? Yeah. (In fact, this is pretty much the whole MRA movement in a nutshell.)
        If you want the perfect recipe for creating homicidal nerds just follow Chrs's simple four step plan:

Step 1: Destroy socially and legally enforced monogamy so bigger and bigger chunks of the human population chase after the most attractive partners they can get (or not get, depending on how delusional they are).
        Step 2: Preach from the rooftop that people have a right to have their basic needs met (of which romantic love and sex is one, whether you like it or not), that there is no God and the material realm is all there is, and thus the highest pursuits are material ones
        Step 3: Tell young autistic nerds to "respect women's boundaries". Then they can slowly wither away in their cheetos infested basements alone and sexually frustrated while guys like Ted Bundy who ignore the Progressive Courtship Manual get more women than they know what to do with.
        Step 4: Profit. Or get gunned down if you're one of the hipsters they inevitably go after.

There are ways of persuing someone romantically/sexually that don't involve thinking you're owed their time, attention and sex with them. Or, for that matter, without harassment and violating someone's bodily autonomy.
        Shooting co-eds is easier for some of these guys.

The anger he shows is that of someone who believes that he is being denied what he is owed:
        Source: Elliot Rodger's Manifesto

How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves. I deserve it more.

(Bolding mine - and racism too, joy!)
        I've read almost his entire manuscript. That fragment comes near the end, when he's already off the deep end. The roots are more interesting. Like being bullied by popular males and watching females pour adulation on the bullies while ignoring him. It's a shock the progressive "Respect Women" plan didn't stick, really.

Also, he is racist but that bit you quoted is classist, not racist. His racism is directed entirely at full blooded Asians and probably stems entirely from self-hatred.

RE: Mental Illness
        Firstly, people who have mental illnesses and haven't killed a load of people put your hand up. *raises hand* Mentally ill people are considerably more likely to be the victims of violence rather than the perpetrator.
        Different mental illnesses have different effects on different people. The issue here is that this guy's mental illness could have been entirely prevented if progressive cultural hegemony didn't exist.

That aside, it does seem (from the information we currently have available) that he had some sort of mental instability. On the other hand, that doesn't mean we shouldn't look at:
        • The fact that the MRA ideology facilitated and helped develop his extremism.
        • The fact that there are people (both in the MRM and not) defending, justifying or excusing his actions.
        • The fact that there's a pattern of VAW that this fits into - it's not an isolated incident. (see later)
        He didn't run into the movement until 2013. By then he was already long gone. Aside from one brief mention there's no trace that he was influenced by anything other than his miserable life. The reason why liberals feel a deep seated need to associate him with MRAs is because they don't want to recognize that they're to blame for his mental condition that is entirely the product of an upper middle class, materialistic, shallow liberal upbringing. This becomes quite clear to people who actually read his manifesto rather than cherry pick from it.

(and let's also point out the gender inbalance in violence by/against people with mental health issues. Men commit more and are victims of less.)
        Of course. Mentally ill men are more likely to be losers nobody wants to date, so their loneliness and sexual frustration is bound to turn into hatred of women. Men are also more violent in general. Gender differences and all that.

(Also, there's a race thing here too. Notice how white mass murderers are mentally ill, brown ones are terrorists and black ones are thugs? Yeah.)
        That's because there aren't enough white mass murderers to form large support groups for each other like there are for Muslims or blacks. It's why East Asians get the mental illness treatment just like white people do. As liberal social dysfunction grow maybe white/asian dweebs will start to form death squads and get a more specific designation than the Misc. Section of mass murder.

In case you missed the link to his manifesto, it's available here.
        I posted a link earlier. In fact I quoted the bits you quote already.

(Wanting to put women in concentration camps is a well known liberal belief, of course.)
        Nice straw man. My argument has been that this is a consequence of liberalism rather than an intentional goal. Note again that his plan is not dissimilar to that of some radical feminists, only that this time the genders that are reversed.

This incident is entirely, absolutely to do with misogyny. He's quite obviously an extremist, absolutely - but his thinking is not too dissimilar to that of the MRM as a whole, and there are points to which the man on the street would agree to to some extent.
        Nobody is wrong about everything, including this guy.

It's also a hate crime. This is an important thing to point out - and, as is a characteristic of hate crimes - it's a crime against a group rather than just the individuals.
        I didn't realize "Happy Couples" were a designated victim group.

[Won't embed this picture because it's awful, but have some people's comments on it: http://i.imgur.com/nlzhoFp.jpg - there are lots more where that came from.]

Yuuuuuup.

(I have seen a lot of "if women had slept with him, those people wouldn't have been killed" - which is edited terrifying.)
        Why is it terrifying? Sounds like they're just proposing a sexual safety net to me. We are both personal autonomy deniers, I just deny one personal autonomy more than you.

RE: Pattern of Violence Against Women
        Violence Against Women (VAW) is a pandemic (1) (2) - violence from intimate partners, friends/acquaintances and strangers (with the first two categories being more likely.) A lot of these acts of violence are about access/control of women's bodies/lives.

Ignoring this fact in one's analysis is a huge mistake. Any individual act of VAW doesn't just stand on its own, but in a culture in which it's rampant. Alongside this particular act this year (in the US) there will be about 300,000 rapes, 3,000 murders and a huge number of other physical assaults - ~60% of which will be perpetrated by a partner or ex-partner. (x)

The pattern of VAW is supported by a society which - as previously spoken about in length - makes men feel entitled to women and women's sexuality.

Thousands of men murder women each year, and millions more physically assault them. Not the actions of a lone madman.
        And don't forget: most of those men receive more love and attention from women than this guy did back when he wasn't doing anything to anybody.

Anyway, your stupid diagnosis doesn't get any less stupid just because you keep repeating it. In a purely material universe there is no need to respect personal boundaries if you can get away with it. All your tut tuting isn't going to convince a crazy autistic nerd who's being tortured by loneliness and sexual frustration to give up his entitlement just because you're wagging your finger. Even a PUA would be a step up from you since they'd presumably force the guy to go out and actually talk to girls instead of waiting for a girlfriend to drop in his lap.

I've heard this expressed as: If he [rodgers] had just murdered his girlfriend, no one would have heard about it.
        Flashy kills get more news time. It helps that this guy is the son of someone semi-famous. Stab a bum, just another day in Detroit. Stab George Lucas, now that's news.
        Last edited by Catholicity; 05-25-2014, 06:28 PM.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Just to throw my two cents in, I don't owe a man anything, and I sure as you- know-what, do not owe a man the rights to my body.
          Anyone who promotes that is selling something.
          No means No.
          It means keep your hands off. And if a woman says no to you, keep your hands off her.
          To anyone who thinks that a woman owes you something, well, then its no wonder you have to have an okcupid account to scrounge up a date.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            Just to throw my two cents in, I don't owe a man anything, and I sure as you- know-what, do not owe a man the rights to my body.
            Anyone who promotes that is selling something.
            No means No.
            It means keep your hands off. And if a woman says no to you, keep your hands off her.
            To anyone who thinks that a woman owes you something, well, then its no wonder you have to have an okcupid account to scrounge up a date.
            I wouldn't get along with someone too stupid to comprehend simple, obvious satire anyway.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              I don't see an explanation anywhere in his post, I just see a string of garble that one would expect from a 5 year old rather than a grown man. Though I suppose it's quite fitting for his mental midget status.
              Maybe I am a mental midget but I at least have a modicum of social skills, and I'm not a boy who cried liberal. (Seriously, dude, if you're tying stuff like this to liberalism, do you actually think anybody is going to take you seriously next time you want to expose something about liberalism?)
              Last edited by KingsGambit; 05-25-2014, 06:55 PM.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Maybe I am a mental midget but I at least have a modicum of social skills,
                Not really. You just snipe and snip at the tails of your betters and mistake it for seriousness and maturity when in reality you just have no honor, like a woman.

and I'm not a boy who cried liberal. (Seriously, dude, if you're tying stuff like this to liberalism, do you actually think anybody is going to take you seriously next time you want to expose something about liberalism?)
                He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

I will not abrogate the truth just because some simpleton's mind cannot move past certain boundaries. If you have some specifics to offer in regards to my specific arguments I'll listen, but wagging your finger and saying "you shouldn't say that" will get the derision it deserves.

Comment

Incel = involuntarily celibate

Liveleak has a video of him threatening to shoot up a sorority because no girl will date him (possible NSFW language warning, i watched it this morning so I don't remember)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4fd_1400921453

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24...-barbara-area/
                  Perfect argumant for family planning. If you're not prepared to raise a child no matter what his disability, don't have one. Having kids is hard, even if they're normal.

Make sure you're prepared before you pump them out.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                    Perfect argumant for family planning. If you're not prepared to raise a child no matter what his disability, don't have one. Having kids is hard, even if they're normal.

Make sure you're prepared before you pump them out.
                    It's not fair when you shove straight lines out like that.

I actually agree with the principle (I suspect we disagree on methodology) it's just sooooooo hard to resist obvious lines like that....

<resisting, resisting....>
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Maybe I am a mental midget but I at least have a modicum of social skills, and I'm not a boy who cried liberal. (Seriously, dude, if you're tying stuff like this to liberalism, do you actually think anybody is going to take you seriously next time you want to expose something about liberalism?)
                      Take Darthie seriously? After all years of effort he's put in to prevent it? That would be cruel. The OP isn't about liberals, anyway. It's about Darthie trying to distance himself from the homicidal ideations he knows so well, and shares with us, the select few. In PM, no less. Clever, eh?

Now that's the kid calling you a mental midget.

As ever, Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                        Take Darthie seriously? After all years of effort he's put in to prevent it? That would be cruel. The OP isn't about liberals, anyway. It's about Darthie trying to distance himself from the homicidal ideations he knows so well, and shares with us, the select few. In PM, no less. Clever, eh?

Now that's the kid calling you a mental midget.

As ever, Jesse
                        I'll admit, I'm surprised to see you're still posting. The news report says the cops shot you dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          It's not fair when you shove straight lines out like that.

I actually agree with the principle (I suspect we disagree on methodology) it's just sooooooo hard to resist obvious lines like that....

<resisting, resisting....>
                          No need to resist. Let me have it. I want to hear more about your methodology.

Comment

Nah, that catty I don't need to be - funny though it might be.

Methodology: ABC - same as STD prevention. Don't have an objection philosophically to the concept of contraception but I've got some questions about the practice so I'm not pro or con on that.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Not really. You just snipe and snip at the tails of your betters and mistake it for seriousness and maturity when in reality you just have no honor, like a woman.
                              How very... Epo of you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                How very... Epo of you.

It's a line from a popular web comic* and a joke. Is everybody here an uncultured peasant?

*comic is nsfw. fair warning if you're gonna google it

Comment