Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Juneteenth rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    From as I made clear the Today show (which I recorded). It was during the third hour portion of the show.

So in your view she's wrong when she said that the Tulsa riots didn't take place on June 19th?
    Sorry, I misread what you said your coworker said. No, the massacre did not occur on Juneteenth obviously.

But since your only example of someone claiming the massacre *did* happen in Juneteenth is incorrect I'm still waiting for a solid example of "the left" claiming it *did* happen on that date.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Sorry, I misread what you said your coworker said. No, the massacre did not occur on Juneteenth obviously.

But since your only example of someone claiming the massacre *did* happen in Juneteenth is incorrect I'm still waiting for a solid example of "the left" claiming it *did* happen on that date.
      If not, then why are they so upset?

Does that mean nobody can have a political rally in June in Tulsa ever? Or is this just another straining of gnats in order to try to claim Trump is racist by the democrats?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If not, then why are they so upset?

Does that mean nobody can have a political rally in June in Tulsa ever? Or is this just another straining of gnats in order to try to claim Trump is racist by the democrats?
        I'm not going to waste time on this. You clearly understand the symbolism.

Comment

I'm not going to waste time on this. You clearly understand the symbolism.
          Clearly you have no answer so you are running away.

Comment

Which, it should be noted, was something that Republicans accomplished and Democrats bitterly fought against for generations and even today are still fighting to keep them on their plantations.
            Shhh. The monuments are being built to praise the Democrats for this achievement. Statues are being built of Pelosi and Schumer to replace those torn down of General Lee.

Comment

Which, it should be noted, was something that Republicans accomplished and Democrats bitterly fought against for generations
              Because back then, Republicans were called Democrats, and Democrats Republicans. Yes, absolutely.

and even today are still fighting to keep them on their plantations.
              That's nothing more than right-wing spin. While not universally-so, black people have historically been/voted Democrat, which means you're arguing that black people are "still fighting" to keep black people on plantations.

... which is just as stupid as it sounds.

Comment

Clearly you have no answer so you are running away.
                If the symbolism weren't obvious Rouge wouldn't be trying to inaccurately claim that Democrats were misstating the date of the Tulsa Massacre. It's just a transparent attempt at "flooding the channel with [nonsense]."

If I'm going to avoid accusations of OCD can someone else chase down these transparent RWNJ nonsense claims for a change? It's impossible to listen to Al Roker and conclude that he was saying the Tulsa massacre occurred on Juneteenth. Unless you think PoC are stupid, of course.
                Last edited by DivineOb; 06-12-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

If the symbolism weren't obvious Rouge wouldn't be trying to inaccurately claim that Democrats were misstating the date of the Tulsa Massacre. It's just a transparent attempt at "flooding the channel with [nonsense]."

If I'm going to avoid accusations of OCD can someone else chase down these transparent RWNJ nonsense claims for a change? It's impossible to listen to Al Roker and conclude that he was saying the Tulsa massacre occurred on Juneteenth. Unless you think PoC are stupid, of course.
                  Very well, I won't egg you on. Sorry.

Comment

Very well, I won't egg you on. Sorry.
                    Go ahead if you want but this is a dry well because Trump's intent is so transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      Because back then, Republicans were called Democrats, and Democrats Republicans. Yes, absolutely.

That's nothing more than right-wing spin. While not universally-so, black people have historically been/voted Democrat, which means you're arguing that black people are "still fighting" to keep black people on plantations.

... which is just as stupid as it sounds.
                      Um, no. It is the uncomfortable truth that the left needs to ignore.

As I noted elsewhere, the Democrats are the one who appointed Robert Byrd as Senate pro tempore (making him third in line for the presidency even after using the n-word twice on national TV.

The major Civil Rights legislation of the 50s and 60s would never have passed without the strong backing by Republicans in Congress.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Here is a link to the video you referenced. The relevant part starts at 3:05

https://www.today.com/video/sen-tim-...lan-8487738162

Al Roker did not claim that the massacre happened on Juneteenth. Because of course he didn't.
                        Add 17 seconds. It appears that I missed an "and"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No longer an issue. Trump has changed the day of the rally.

Comment

I would be curious to hear any explanations which paint this benignly and which don't amount to "Trump does stuff" or something along those lines.
                            This is moot at this point since Trump postponed the rally to June 20 out of respect for the significance of June 19, but I feel the need to point out that you shifted the burden of proof on this one. It is up to you to provide evidence that Trump deliberately choose the original date and location to send a message, and not demand that others disprove yet another wild eyed conspiracy theory from left-wing lunatics (and I include you in that category).
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              This is moot at this point since Trump postponed the rally to June 20 out of respect for the significance of June 19
                              Ha! Trump having respect for something that didn't originate with Trump.

That's actually funny.

Comment

The oldest fragment has 616 as the number and there is an alternate spelling of Nero's name which adds to 616.
                                So Iranaeus (2nd century) was wrong because manuscripts written 100 years and 300 years after him say so.

seems legit.
                                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment