Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Juneteenth rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Juneteenth rally

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...race-massacre/

Trump has announced the first new rally he is going to hold will be on June 19th in Tulsa Oklahoma.

For those unaware, June 19th is the date when the last slaves were freed at the end of the Civil War.

For those unaware, Tulsa, Oklahoma, is the site of the worst racial violence in the USA where up to 300 African Americans were murdered in 1921 at the hands of white mobs.

I've been assured that Trump is not racist. It is hard for me to come up with a simple explanation for why he would hold his first new rally one that date in that location which doesn't have an anti-black component. I would be curious to hear any explanations which paint this benignly and which don't amount to "Trump does stuff" or something along those lines.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post

Trump has announced the first new rally he is going to hold will be on June 19th in Tulsa Oklahoma.

For those unaware, June 19th is the date when the last slaves were freed at the end of the Civil War.

For those unaware, Tulsa, Oklahoma, is the site of the worst racial violence in the USA where up to 300 African Americans were murdered in 1921 at the hands of white mobs.

I've been assured that Trump is not racist. It is hard for me to come up with a simple explanation for why he would hold his first new rally one that date in that location which doesn't have an anti-black component. I would be curious to hear any explanations which paint this benignly and which don't amount to "Trump does stuff" or something along those lines.
    Tulsa is also the birthplace of Route 66. Add another 6 to that and Trump is admitting he is the Antichrist.

Now ... back to reality

Comment

A lot of people are taking for granted that the location of Tulsa was chosen specifically for that reason, but I haven't seen any evidence that actually indicates that.

Nearly every city has had dark moments in its history. If he had held it in Topeka, Kansas, would this have been a secret shoutout to Westboro Baptist Church? If he had held it in Memphis, would it have been a celebration of MLK's assassination? This is a non-story in my view.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        A lot of people are taking for granted that the location of Tulsa was chosen specifically for that reason, but I haven't seen any evidence that actually indicates that.
        I'm asking for alternate explanations. I'm all ears if you have a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          Tulsa is also the birthplace of Route 66. Add another 6 to that and Trump is admitting he is the Antichrist.

Now ... back to reality
          The number of the beast is 616.

Comment

So you feel Trump is suddenly smart now, he knows this type of historical detail and is meticulously calculating his meetings to these dates because... he's smart.

Comment

His area code?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                So you feel Trump is suddenly smart now, he knows this type of historical detail and is meticulously calculating his meetings to these dates because... he's smart.
                Trump alternates between being an evil genius and a complete idiot. It depends on what works best for the latest conspiracy.

Personally, I think he leans more toward the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Trump doesn't have to know the significance. He has advisers for that.

And Trump knows the significance of Juneteenth.

I'll mark you down as "no, I don't have a benign explanation."

Comment

Trump alternates between being an evil genius and a complete idiot. It depends on what works best for the latest conspiracy.

A lot of his success seems to be predicated on him being blessed by the nature of his opponents. In comparison they make Trump look like the voice of reason.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm asking for alternate explanations. I'm all ears if you have a better idea.
                      It's a fairly large city in an area where he has heavy support?
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Depends on the translation. Some versions have 616 but most others have 666.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Depends on the translation. Some versions have 616 but most others have 666.
                          Never heard of 616 before. I need to learn more languages... besides this one.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            It's a fairly large city in an area where he has heavy support?
                            So, let's do this. In a week when he holds this rally let's see if he strikes a tone consistent with the significance of the date or just launches into his typical 60 minutes hate.

I'll have to take a 'wait and see' on this I guess.

Comment

That would seem to be the most likely explanation. He thought the date wouldn't be offensive, but it ended up being offensive for some reason. Or maybe he is really playing dumb, but is really an evil genius who calculated this date as a secret code to rally his white supremacist base. It's hard to choose options here.

Comment