Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I have a number of different and mixed feelings about all those alleged events. I am also very aware that any information coming to us about the situation is unreliable.

But I do find you guys being pathetic snivelling cowards doing pearl clutching in this thread to be hilarious. Do please continue your fake outrage, hyperventilation, and virtue signalling. It's comedy gold.
    No, these idiots in Seattle are comedy gold. They are literally just like a parody of leftism that someone on the extreme right made up.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      I have a number of different and mixed feelings about all those alleged events. I am also very aware that any information coming to us about the situation is unreliable.

But I do find you guys being pathetic snivelling cowards doing pearl clutching in this thread to be hilarious. Do please continue your fake outrage, hyperventilation, and virtue signalling. It's comedy gold.

That's Starlight speak for "I'm put out that leftists are completely unable to bring about the worker's paradise that my theory says they should."

What's truly funny is anarchists being drained of food by homeless people and then begging for vegan supplies. I say they can eat when they manage to grow food on 'their land'.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

I say give them an island off the coast, ship everyone out there who wants to go, then leave them to themselves. We can implant film crews with them and create a new reality show, like survivor, and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          And did you hear what the one guy said? The business owner (who was getting tagged) is supporting the autonomous zone. What's his reward? Vandalism.

I cannot express my complete, utter disgust with the whole situation.
          All I can hope is that sensible Democrats are seeing this and realizing their party is going to Hell in a NASCAR race.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            But one group violently and illegally has taken over part of a city, with barricades.

I guess walls are OK after all...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

We have an autonomous zone in Denmark as well, it's called Christiania.

I wish the one in Capitol Hill good luck, and I hope they are able to achieve stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

I wish the one in Capitol Hill good luck, and I hope they are able to achieve stability.

What happens when a crime occurs there?
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

From what I hear it's already starting to crack. The Seattle "autonomy" is undermined because the Marxist college kids running the place don't know how to wipe their noses, and are going back to their parents' houses for meals (not very autonomous). Half the businesses are closed and police have been having to return for 911 calls. So it sounds more like Disneyland for millennials who want to get stoned. But at least there hasn't been much violence.

Comment

I cannot express my complete, utter disgust with the whole situation.
                    This whole thing could be ended in a couple of hours if the US military was deployed with rules of engagement that allowed them to treat the "peaceful" protestors like enemy combatants. Oh, you can be sure the mainstream media would cover the story then.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      This whole thing could be ended in a couple of hours if the US military was deployed with rules of engagement that allowed them to treat the "peaceful" protestors like enemy combatants. Oh, you can be sure the mainstream media would cover the story then.
                      I would not support such an action. The US military does not exist as a police force. They are trained to hunt and kill the enemy and should never be stationed inside American cities. Such a move is often a precursor to a coup.

It appears the whole thing will start dwindling on its own. States just need to have to enforce curfews in areas that are out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        What happens when a crime occurs there?
                        Technically speaking you can't have crime in a place without law. Though Christiania is in principle under the law of Denmark, there are a lot of special rules for them, and lately there's been a move towards "normalization" albiet with a lot of exceptions carved out for them. They used to have their own laws, and their own groups who were in charge of keeping that law. This I think ended in 2014, about 43 years after their founding.

In the end, it is almost impossible to carve out your own mini-country within a city. That being said I wish them luck in their experiment.

I wouldn't live there though if that is what you ask me.

Comment

From what I hear it's already starting to crack. The Seattle "autonomy" is undermined because the Marxist college kids running the place don't know how to wipe their noses, and are going back to their parents' houses for meals (not very autonomous). Half the businesses are closed and police have been having to return for 911 calls. So it sounds more like Disneyland for millennials who want to get stoned. But at least there hasn't been much violence.
                          We shall see, the odds are against them that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            You really want that police state don't you?

Comment

I would not support such an action. The US military does not exist as a police force. They are trained to hunt and kill the enemy and should never be stationed inside American cities. Such a move is often a precursor to a coup.

It appears the whole thing will start dwindling on its own. States just need to have to enforce curfews in areas that are out of control.
                              I think it should be left alone, and every Republican running for office point to it and say THAT is what you get when you vote for a Democrat!
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Technically speaking you can't have crime in a place without law. Though Christiania is in principle under the law of Denmark, there are a lot of special rules for them, and lately there's been a move towards "normalization" albiet with a lot of exceptions carved out for them. They used to have their own laws, and their own groups who were in charge of keeping that law. This I think ended in 2014, about 43 years after their founding.

In the end, it is almost impossible to carve out your own mini-country within a city. That being said I wish them luck in their experiment.

I wouldn't live there though if that is what you ask me.
                                From the name, was it founded perhaps as a Christian commune or something?

Comment