Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]45533[/ATTACH]

Ye gads, the lawlessness is totally out of control. Somebody clutch their pearls some more, stat! Those anarchists are daring, daring to share books and sell coffee in the absence of law enforcement. It's the end of civilization as we know it!!!

What if you owned a business there? Would you want that in an area at the mercy of ... who know who? You pay taxes, don't you?

And did you see their list of demands? It's a mile long. So regardless of how peacefully they are "portrayed" by sympathizers, they kidnapped a portion of a city.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      RT espouses leftist propaganda for the most part, much like TYT only with a pro-Russia bent. I'm still subbed to their main channel, but had to unsubscribe from their RTAmerica sub channel because it was sickeningly progressive. They hired people like the late Ed Schultz and had frequent guests like Stein and Chris Hedges. If there was a story that reflected negatively on BLM, chances are either RT wouldn't report it or it would be pretty accurate if they did. This was just an aside correction I thought I'd make on your part. Do I know how minorities are treated in Russia? Not really, do I need to? How is that relevant to anything I described about RT's YT channel and sub channels?
      I stopped visiting the RT site as well because I don't trust them. I liked the fact they will report on news items that are blacked out (Tommy Robinson) or ignored in western media, but the hostile, anti-American slant was just too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post

Ye gads, the lawlessness is totally out of control. Somebody clutch their pearls some more, stat! Those anarchists are daring, daring to share books and sell coffee in the absence of law enforcement. It's the end of civilization as we know it!!!

So you support this: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post747617
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Oh, I didn't know this story already came up in another thread. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            Oh, I didn't know this story already came up in another thread. Oops.
            That's OK, it needs it own thread!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              I agree. It is absolute *madness* that armed protestors would take over a state capitol. We should just give 'em both barrels and let the gods sort it out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45520[/ATTACH]

BTW

City Journal is a publication of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI), a leading free-market think tank. Are you interested in supporting the magazine? As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donations in support of MI and City Journal are fully tax-deductible as provided by law (EIN #13-2912529).

So, this isn't from a news organization. Where else have you seen this story?

I did some quick searching and nothing credible showed up. I think this would be big news so it should be reported *somewhere* other than Russian propaganda (rt.com), fringe websites, and a drunk (Gaetz).
              Here's an article from the Seattle Times that was posted this morning:
              https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ithout-police/

You may have searched a little too soon. There now look to be multiple articles from multiple sources out there.

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

From the first two pages of a Google search: NYT, Seattle Times, Washington Post, Daily Hive, My Northewest, The Stranger, Komo News, Capitol Hill Seattle, Kiro7.com, The Hill.com, Reason.com, Fox News
                So... no credible sources, then?

I mean, the NYT, WaPo, Fox News... basically propaganda outlets...
                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  MSM downplays the antics of antifa and BLM, ESPECIALLY the latter. This wouldn't square with the positive PR spin of these particular leftist groups. Also, RT is pro-BLM.
                  Yeah, it's strange. My wife was watching The Today Show this morning and they didn't say a word about this. My Internet homepage is Yahoo! (left-leaning news aggregate) and there's nothing there either. For some reason the Left media doesn't like this story. I guess they like the violence reports more because those get clicks and viewers, and clicks and viewers mean revenue?

Comment

I agree. It is absolute *madness* that armed protestors would take over a state capitol. We should just give 'em both barrels and let the gods sort it out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45520[/ATTACH]

BTW

City Journal is a publication of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI), a leading free-market think tank. Are you interested in supporting the magazine? As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donations in support of MI and City Journal are fully tax-deductible as provided by law (EIN #13-2912529).

So, this isn't from a news organization. Where else have you seen this story?

I did some quick searching and nothing credible showed up. I think this would be big news so it should be reported *somewhere* other than Russian propaganda (rt.com), fringe websites, and a drunk (Gaetz).
                    And yet in the Michigan Right-Wing protests, there was no rioting, or looting, or destruction of property. Entirely peaceful. Nobody got hurt, no businesses were attacked. And most of the protestors did so from their cars in order to socially distance.

Comment

From the first two pages of a Google search: NYT, Seattle Times, Washington Post, Daily Hive, My Northewest, The Stranger, Komo News, Capitol Hill Seattle, Kiro7.com, The Hill.com, Reason.com, Fox News
                      Can you link one of those articles which reports the information you quoted in your OP?
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 06-11-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                        Here's an article from the Seattle Times that was posted this morning:
                        https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ithout-police/

You may have searched a little too soon. There now look to be multiple articles from multiple sources out there.

Thanks. That article makes no reference to antifa, throwing bricks, a pitched battle with police etc. That's the part I find unbelievable wouldn't be reported elsewhere.

Comment

Can you link one of those articles which reports the information you quoted in your OP?
                          I'm not particularly interested in searching them to compare details.

I already qualified the OP article as a dubious source as I never heard of it before. The link was emailed to me. You can reference something else.

Comment

So a twitter account called TheWholeStory has a video up showing an incident. You'll need to look it up yourself as the video had swearing in it which is against TWeb rules but I'll quote the synopsis.

Policing in the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone by @RazSimone. There appear to be no body cameras, reports, or oversight and accountability. This was an attempt at de-escalation for spraying paint onto a building which resulted in an alleged assault.
                            So in the video Raz Simone can be clearly heard saying the words "We are the police now". Oh well that just says it all really.
                            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Thanks. That article makes no reference to antifa, throwing bricks, a pitched battle with police etc. That's the part I find unbelievable wouldn't be reported elsewhere.
                              Really, you find a left wing news paper painting it in a good light unusual? The fact is civil order has broken down, that is anarchy. Ask how the people who live and work in that area feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                                So a twitter account called TheWholeStory has a video up showing an incident. You'll need to look it up yourself as the video had swearing in it which is against TWeb rules but I'll quote the synopsis.

So in the video Raz Simone can be clearly heard saying the words "We are the police now". Oh well that just says it all really.
                                Watched it.

Rather predictable, really. Nobody has authority. The people trying to stop the tagger have no authority and the tagger knows it, so he just ignores their pleas and continues vandalizing.

Then it turns violent. The mob vs. the vandal. The vandal will probably get his friends and family to return so they can exact revenge. And then it becomes gang wars.

Comment