Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Defund Police...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    This is going to horrible for the law abiding residents...
    Who will probably move out in droves, and criminals will move in for protection.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      They will reap what they sow.
      If they go through with this, the city will not only experience more crime, but a mass exodus of people and businesses. It will go bankrupt.

I think the governor should disband the city council because they are breaking their oaths to the citizens of their city. They are supposed to keep their citizens safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If they go through with this, the city will not only experience more crime, but a mass exodus of people and businesses. It will go bankrupt.

I think the governor should disband the city council because they are breaking their oaths to the citizens of their city. They are supposed to keep their citizens safe.
        I don't think the governor would have any power or authority over duly elected city council members. It would probably have to be a "recall" from whatever sane citizenry remains.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well kudos. Before this thread first appeared, I'd never heard of "Defund the police", which is why I was skeptical of the OP's position. Fast forward several days, and the movement is certainly in the news. It appears to have more support than I'd guessed.

Defunding the police to the extent that cops aren't being paid (which is a pretty extreme version of what the movement aims for) is clearly a bad idea. Even in its more tame forms, though, DtP still seems a bit too radical for my tastes.

Comment

I don't think the governor would have any power or authority over duly elected city council members. It would probably have to be a "recall" from whatever sane citizenry remains.
            I think the state can issue the recall.

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governi...l_in_Minnesota

Besides, all he has to do is send in the national guard and remove them from office physically. Who's gonna stop him? The police?
            Last edited by Sparko; 06-08-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Besides, all he has to do is send in the national guard and remove them from office physically. Who's gonna stop him? The police?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                Well kudos. Before this thread first appeared, I'd never heard of "Defund the police", which is why I was skeptical of the OP's position. Fast forward several days, and the movement is certainly in the news. It appears to have more support than I'd guessed.

Defunding the police to the extent that cops aren't being paid (which is a pretty extreme version of what the movement aims for) is clearly a bad idea. Even in its more tame forms, though, DtP still seems a bit too radical for my tastes.
                It's a sign of how nutty the left has become. The extreme left wing fringe nutters are actually becoming the acceptable agents of change.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Judge Andrew Napolitano on Fox just said that if they try to go through with dismantling the police the state would have no choice but to step in and nullify the act because they would be going against the welfare of the people (paraphrasing)

Comment

I think the state can issue the recall.

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governi...l_in_Minnesota
                    I think that keeps talking about state officials and a general election. Their state constitution says...

Section 6:

Recall

A member of the senate or the house of representatives, an executive officer of the state identified in section 1 of article V of the constitution, or a judge of the supreme court, the court of appeals, or a district court is subject to recall from office by the voters.

So, I think that's only at the state office level.

Regardless, they're a bunch of idiots, allowing themselves to be driven by the extreme left nutters. I hope the voters of Minnesota are smart enough to see the profound stupidity of the Democrat party on parade.

Comment

Judge Andrew Napolitano on Fox just said that if they try to go through with dismantling the police the state would have no choice but to step in and nullify the act because they would be going against the welfare of the people (paraphrasing)
                      This is going to get interesting...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Now THAT makes sense.

Comment

Regardless, they're a bunch of idiots, allowing themselves to be driven by the extreme left nutters. I hope the voters of Minnesota are smart enough to see the profound stupidity of the Democrat party on parade.

They are writing Trump's commercials for him!

Comment

Now THAT makes sense.
                            wait are you saying I don't make sense all the time?

Comment

wait are you saying I don't make sense all the time?
                              Even a blond hog can find a bottle of hair dye occasionally.

Comment

What? the state cares for my welfare.
                                the state cares for my welfare
                                the state cares for my welfare?
                                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment