Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    People can be wrong. People can have different opinions or views. That isn't lying. That's disagreement and error. I usually only choose to make a big deal about it if it is something important or central to the discussion. The whole thing about Schumer's gaze was not important. It was a side comment. It did look like he was reading something on the floor. It wasn't something anyone really cares about. Except you. You researched it to find videos and actually reenacted it in your room. That's OCD. You are like a dog with a bone but with unimportant things. And you always seem to think YOU are the arbitor of truth and anyone else who disagrees is actually LYING. Not wrong, not disagreeing with you, but lying. It doesn't seem to even enter your head that YOU might be wrong.

/real talk
    It constantly enters my head that I might be wrong. When I get something wrong on here I take time and ask myself why I got it wrong and how I could have caught that error. I hope others can be inspired to similarly learn to pump the brakes on stuff which is just too good to be true. It doesn't matter if it's a small thing--in fact those are the ones which are easier to blow it on.

That's why I think I have a pretty good track record when it comes to claims I make.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Being that the political display itself was so gross and getting a lot of flak, it's looking a lot like a red herring on DO's part at this point.
      You're going to have to show some actual evidence if you are claiming that this event was *roundly* criticized *by Democrats* or *Democratic leaning independents*.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        It constantly enters my head that I might be wrong. When I get something wrong on here I take time and ask myself why I got it wrong and how I could have caught that error. I hope others can be inspired to similarly learn to pump the brakes on stuff which is just too good to be true. It doesn't matter if it's a small thing--in fact those are the ones which are easier to blow it on.

That's why I think I have a pretty good track record when it comes to claims I make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Actually it was. They held the pose for 8 minutes 45 seconds, the exact time Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck.
          I mean I don't think it was their intent to mimick Chauvin. It was just a thoughtless bit of pandering on their part.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I mean I don't think it was their intent to mimick Chauvin. It was just a thoughtless bit of pandering on their part.
            I'd bet that their role model is more likely Kaepernick rather than Chauvin

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Hello Hypatia! I'm sure we'll have better relations here
              I am sure we will.

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I haven't seen Simplicio around for a while.
              As I recall he did disappear from the other site for long periods of time

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Depends on the troops and the administrators and local commanders, I would think.

But it's not so much an order to shoot, but just the fact the military being ordered to police US cities. That's not their job. They are trained to hunt and kill the enemy - not police citizens in an open democracy.
              In the minds of many Americans putting soldiers on the streets has echoes of the "tyranny" the Patriots fought against.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                I am sure we will.

As I recall he did disappear from the other site for long periods of time

In the minds of many Americans putting soldiers on the streets has echoes of the "tyranny" the Patriots fought against.
                That too

Comment

• Recently released statement from the Park Police lays out a detailed timeline and reiterates that tear gas was NOT used:

As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, grab officer’s protective equipment, and even attempted to grab one officers’ weapon, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters, stinger balls, and pepper balls. On June 1, USPP officers and other assisting law enforcement partners operating under the command of the USPP did not use tear gas or Skat Shells to close the area at Lafayette Park.

Full statement can be found at the link:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-media-claims/

Comment

• Curious if this is accurate:

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Curious if this is accurate:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45683[/ATTACH]
                        No, that is not accurate.

Comment

• Well well well...

The Washington Post, among other mainstream media organizations, created the false impression that President Donald Trump ordered Lafayette Square cleared with “tear gas” to remove “peaceful protesters” for a “photo-op” last June 1.

Those claims have been definitively debunked by an inspector general’s report from the Department of Interior, which confirmed the Trump administration’s story: that U.S. Park Police had already planned to enlarge the perimeter around the White House after violent attacks by rioters on law enforcement, and cleared the park using pepper balls, not tear gas.

The report also confirms that it was the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department, under the control of Democrat Mayor Muriel Bowser, who used tear gas at a different site nearby, after protesters had already been cleared from the park.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...are-narrative/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Well well well...

The Washington Post, among other mainstream media organizations, created the false impression that President Donald Trump ordered Lafayette Square cleared with “tear gas” to remove “peaceful protesters” for a “photo-op” last June 1.

Those claims have been definitively debunked by an inspector general’s report from the Department of Interior, which confirmed the Trump administration’s story: that U.S. Park Police had already planned to enlarge the perimeter around the White House after violent attacks by rioters on law enforcement, and cleared the park using pepper balls, not tear gas.

The report also confirms that it was the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department, under the control of Democrat Mayor Muriel Bowser, who used tear gas at a different site nearby, after protesters had already been cleared from the park.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...are-narrative/
                            Even better, to go with the original OP. This version from the Huffpost, same as the OP.

Source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/interior-department-report-lafayette-square_n_60c1096ce4b0db8570511d19

Trump Photo Op Not The Reason Park Police Cleared Lafayette Square, Watchdog Says

Police violently cleared protesters from a park near the White House last June not so then-President Donald Trump could stage a photo op at a nearby church but to allow a contractor to install fencing, according to a report released Wednesday by the Interior Department’s inspector general.

The installation of fencing was “in response to destruction of Federal property and injury to officers that occurred on May 30 and May 31,” Interior Department Inspector General Mark Lee Greenblatt said in a statement.

© Copyright Original Source

Of course, it's great to look at the comments where the IG is dismissed as appointed by trump, it's a cover-up, etc. You know, trust the experts until the experts don't give you the answer you want, then obviously the experts are wrong.

Comment

• The whole thing turned out to be yet another instance of "fake news" according to a just released Inspector General report. Discussion here: Another fake news story put to rest

Comment