Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, asked and answered - don't really need to get into the "Orange Man Bad" accusations/defense.
    I recently made it very clear (on more than one occasion) that I didn't like AT ALL Trump's photo op of the Bible at the Church.
    But, I'm still a Trumpster, cause I don't breathe fire in nearly EVERY POST I write "that TRUMP......"

Not sure if you've forgotten but I explicitly ruled you *out* of that camp when I gave my definitions for Trumper / RWNJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      The original claim from "Sparko" / MM was that the reporters were not risking their careers if they were faking this news story. I asked for examples of where someone faked something substantive and escaped punishment. This rabbit trail is a waste of time in any case but they're the ones failing to shoulder their burden of proof.
      Oh

It is very difficult for a significant false news story to escape notice. Just look at what happened to Tara Reade under *light* scrutiny. That there is *widespread* deception in the media which goes *unpunished* is a claim which needs evidence.
      HOWEVER, there continue to be "journalists" who make up fake stories, or bend the truth, or ONLY cover what fits their narrative.
      It USED to be that somebody went to journalism school to do hard investigative reporting.
      Now, it seems, they go so they can use journalism to support their narrative.

Just look at Fox and their COVID45 coverage (yes I keep coming back to this point).
      I don't watch Fox News, assuming that's what you're talking about, because "Fox" has may other channels.

The highest rated shows were nothing but lies for a month on the biggest news story of the year (far eclipsing the president getting impeached!) and none of the "big draws" were punished (incidentally, of the three who *were* punished all were women and two were women of color :|). That's the example you are looking for. Find me something 5% the size *of that* in the MSM where the perpetrators were not punished. If "you" can't do that then claims that there are rats in the barn is just more RWNJ hype from the guy trying to sell you rat traps (how far can we take this analogy?).
      I got nothing on this, cause I don't have a dog in this fight.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not sure if you've forgotten but I explicitly ruled you *out* of that camp when I gave my definitions for Trumper / RWNJ.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• This thread has turned into...

"I'm not fake news, YOU'RE fake news!"
          "No, you are!"
          "No, you!"
          "You!"
          "You!!!"

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            This thread has turned into...

"I'm not fake news, YOU'RE fake news!"
            "No, you are!"
            "No, you!"
            "You!"
            "You!!!"

No it hasn't MM. You and "Sparko" have unsuccessfully tried to derail this now that evidence against your position is mounting. That's the totality of the last few pages.

Comment

• bacon

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                HOWEVER, there continue to be "journalists" who make up fake stories, or bend the truth, or ONLY cover what fits their narrative.
                It USED to be that somebody went to journalism school to do hard investigative reporting.
                Now, it seems, they go so they can use journalism to support their narrative.
                I get trustworthy news which I know is trustworthy because when it's challenged I investigate and find out whether it continues to hold up. When that turns out not to be the case (e.g. DailyKos / some other site which I haven't checked in a number of years) I stop relying on it. I just don't find journalists to be as unreliable as you indicate here among non-RWNJ news sources (e.g. Breitbart / conservative outhouse / townhall etc.) If the mood strikes you feel free to point me to a thread where this has been discussed and I'll take a look.

I don't watch Fox News, assuming that's what you're talking about, because "Fox" has may other channels.
                Ok well then you'll have to take my word for it. MM is welcome to defend Fox's coverage in the "15 cases and soon to be 0 cases" days.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                  No it hasn't MM. You and "Sparko" have unsuccessfully tried to derail this now that evidence against your position is mounting. That's the totality of the last few pages.
                  "Sources say..."

Comment

There needs to be a term for whatever the opposite of "damning with faint praise" is. If you are going to put these examples on the same level as lying about the use of tear gas, failing to properly vet W's "dishonorable discharge," lying about war zone reporting etc. then you've truly earned your RWNJ bona fides.

However, I do remember the Anderson Cooper one from when it was making the rounds because I respected him as a journalist. Of course it was just hype but that's all RWNJs have anyway.
                    Trying to spin demonstrators as being tear gassed when they were smoke bombed is exactly the same as trying to spin a story about flooding to make it look like it is worse than it was. Same. exact. thing. Lying reporters exaggerating a story to make it more dramatic.

Comment

"Sources say..."
                      The "sources" have a name and a face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Trying to spin demonstrators as being tear gassed when they were smoke bombed is exactly the same as trying to spin a story about flooding to make it look like it is worse than it was. Same. exact. thing. Lying reporters exaggerating a story to make it more dramatic.
                        No, it would be far, far worse to claim to have found a used tear gas cartridge when that wasn't true. If everything is an outrage then nothing is an outrage.

Comment

No, it would be far, far worse to claim to have found a used tear gas cartridge when that wasn't true. If everything is an outrage then nothing is an outrage.
                          I am notoriously unoutraged, though my misuse of all caps does, from time to time, give the false impression that I'm outraged.

Comment

As I said, it may be true that he found the canister, but that doesn't necessarily prove that it was used against the not-so-peaceful protesters.

Comment

As I said, it may be true that he found the canister, but that doesn't necessarily prove that it was used against the not-so-peaceful protesters.
                              This is very definition of bending over backwards.

Comment

This is very definition of bending over backwards.
                                Not at all. Statements from all relevant agencies say that tear gas wasn't used. You cited one official saying pepper balls were used, which can irritate the eyes, but that's not even close to what most people think of as tear gas.

So we're back to square one: no definitive evidence that tear gas was used.

Comment