Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    So your link is to The Hill that quotes The Washington Post that quotes an unidentified "Justice Department official". The Hill later states "The Hill has reached out to the Justice Department for comment" and apparently received none.

We're getting closer, but still no cigar.
    The sHill is run by RWNJs so I took their word as solid on this by the "criterion of embarrassment." Happy to keep waiting for more solid confirmation / disconfirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Okay, so nothing to do specifically with Trump, as I suspected, and the protesters were being cleared out because of the curfew regardless.

So another nothing burger. Sorry, liberals. Better luck next time.
      No - they were cleared out so the president could go over to the church. It was supposed to have been done by 4PM, but when Barr arrived at 6PM there were still protesters, so he ordered them removed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/polit...use/index.html

The were removed so Trump could have his photo op, ahead of the curfew.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Barr (president is king) ordered it:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/polit...use/index.html
        No identified source. The "police" involved were riding horseback; so they weren't the Secret Service. Does Barr have authority to "order" around the local police department?

Too many problems - not least in that this is CNN (ugh) and they are sourcing The Washington Post and neither has identified a source.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          The sHill is run by RWNJs so I took their word as solid on this by the "criterion of embarrassment." Happy to keep waiting for more solid confirmation / disconfirmation.
          Here's the latest. Apparently McConnell believes Barr ordered the clearance.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-of-protesters

Comment

Confirmation

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dc-mayor-...033305746.html

The DC mayor explains who was in charge of what. She should know.

Comment

Confirmation

Are you KIDDING!?!?!?! The DC Mayor is on CRACK!!!!!

oh, wait... that was what's his name.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Confirmation

The "peaceful" protestors ignored repeated warnings from the police.

And we still don't know exactly why the decision was made to expand the security perimeter around the White House.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Can anyone explain the symbolism to me? Holding up a bible in front of a church signifies what exactly, and how does that even relate to the current crisis, or does it matter?

Comment

No identified source. The "police" involved were riding horseback; so they weren't the Secret Service. Does Barr have authority to "order" around the local police department?

Too many problems - not least in that this is CNN (ugh) and they are sourcing The Washington Post and neither has identified a source.
                    It's what happened. CNN is a legitimate journalistic source. If you want to be shown to be wrong, keep playing the game I guess. Barr is just one of the Presidents minions. This is what Trump wanted regardless - he wanted to do his photo op. Gassing, flash-bangs, rubber bullest, it didn't matter what it took. Basically "Let them eat cake."
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      It's what happened. CNN is a legitimate journalistic source. If you want to be shown to be wrong, keep playing the game I guess. Barr is just one of the Presidents minions. This is what Trump wanted regardless - he wanted to do his photo op. Gassing, flash-bangs, rubber bullest, it didn't matter what it took. Basically "Let them eat cake."
                      So the White House has confirmed that this was specifically ordered by Trump?
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        Can anyone explain the symbolism to me? Holding up a bible in front of a church signifies what exactly, and how does that even relate to the current crisis, or does it matter?
                        Not sure myself. I'm guessing he's trying to impress evangelicals with how tough he is and how 'on God's side' he is so as to shore up their vote for him in the fall.

Comment

It was ordered by Barr to facilitate Trump's photo op. It is idiotic to pretend the order had to come from Trump for Trump to be implicated. But let me guess, you have no clue why I chose the reference "Let them eat cake" to describe what happened?

Comment

This stunt has hurt Trump significantly. If nothing happens to Barr and no mean tweets are incoming then that's a virtual confirmation. Trump isn't known to hold his tongue when embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Are you KIDDING!?!?!?! The DC Mayor is on CRACK!!!!!

oh, wait... that was what's his name.
                              Regardless of her political persuasion, she should know if she or her police chief was ordering her cops around. Or if federal police were in charge of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Master View Post
                                This stunt has hurt Trump significantly. If nothing happens to Barr and no mean tweets are incoming then that's a virtual confirmation. Trump isn't known to hold his tongue when embarrassed.
                                Hope Hicks is being blamed. That means this whole fiasco rests at Trump's feet. EoD.

Longtime Donald Trump aide Hope Hicks has been identified as having helped hatch the plan to have the president walk across the street from the White House to pose in front of St. John's church – staged event that police and National Guard forces facilitated by using tear gas and rubber bullets to clear away peaceful protesters.

The move was conceived as a way to allow Trump to demonstrate his self-proclaimed role as the 'law and order president' and – came after the president vowed to use the military to restore order in cities across the country.

As a PR move it may have backfired, after global and national media broadcast images of shield-bearing and mounted police using force to clear Lafayette Park, an area whose use as a forum for demonstrations and speech has long been protected.

Edited by a Moderator
                                Last edited by rogue06; 06-04-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment