Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I never said it was intentional.
    Actually it was. They held the pose for 8 minutes 45 seconds, the exact time Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You said prior to posting that video (posted earlier) you also posted not only that zoomed in photo, but you reproduced his pose with a paper showing where he was looking. I don't see that post anywhere. Please provide a link for me. Thanks.
      I *produced* the image last night before posting that video.

I *reproduced* the stance in my room.

I did not state that I posted anything involving those two things last night.

You seem to think you caught me in a lie or something? Why don't you save us some time and let me know what your end game is here.

Comment

Actually it was. They held the pose for 8 minutes 45 seconds, the exact time Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck.
        So you think they were imitating Chauvin?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          I *produced* the image last night before posting that video.

I *reproduced* the stance in my room.

I did not state that I posted anything involving those two things last night.

You seem to think you caught me in a lie or something? Why don't you save us some time and let me know what your end game is here.
          I misunderstood you. Sorry.

I just wanted evidence of how obsessed you were of some piddly little comment someone made in this thread that you actually did in-depth research on it. Thank you.

Comment

So you think they were imitating Chauvin?
            They were kneeling like Cauvin for the length of time he knelt on Floyd. So, yes, they were representing what Chauvin did. Unfortunately they didn't think it through. The message they wanted to portray was solemn silence for Floyd's death. Instead they were actually emulating his killer and making a mockery of his death. It would be like carrying around burning crosses in front of the house of someone burned on a cross by the KKK in "honor" of his death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              Hello! The other place appears to be as dead as the proverbial Dodo and so I took a leaf from simplicio's [and your own] book.
              Hello Hypatia! I'm sure we'll have better relations here

I haven't seen Simplicio around for a while.

The question appears to be to what/whom do troops owe allegiance? The Constitution? Or the person presently holding the office of president?

If ordered by any President, should/would troops open fire on fellow citizens?
              Depends on the troops and the administrators and local commanders, I would think.

But it's not so much an order to shoot, but just the fact the military being ordered to police US cities. That's not their job. They are trained to hunt and kill the enemy - not police citizens in an open democracy.

Comment

I misunderstood you. Sorry.

I just wanted evidence of how obsessed you were of some piddly little comment someone made in this thread that you actually did in-depth research on it. Thank you.
                And I'm sure your breathless excitement over thinking you had me over a barrel is totally healthy and not at all obsessive ;).

Comment

They were kneeling like Cauvin for the length of time he knelt on Floyd. So, yes, they were representing what Chauvin did. Unfortunately they didn't think it through. The message they wanted to portray was solemn silence for Floyd's death. Instead they were actually emulating his killer and making a mockery of his death. It would be like carrying around burning crosses in front of the house of someone burned on a cross by the KKK in "honor" of his death.
                  Did you miss that the concept that kneeling as a symbol of opposition to police brutality both predates the Floyd incident but has also been widely accepted among the protestors?

Comment

And I'm sure your breathless excitement over thinking you had me over a barrel is totally healthy and not at all obsessive ;).
                    No barrel. Just giving you enough rope. I am bored today and wanted some entertainment. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      How do you know he wasn't blinking at the time of the shot?
                      Or merely looking down which lowers the eyelids considerably. The picture is too fuzzy to tell if he's looking down or has his eyes closed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Or merely looking down which lowers the eyelids considerably. The picture is too fuzzy to tell if he's looking down or has his eyes closed.
                        who cares? ...other than DivineOb, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Possibly. But we shouldn't jump to ad hoc explanations.

Comment

who cares? ...other than DivineOb, that is.
                            Real talk: Doesn't it bother you when you see someone saying something which isn't true (not necessarily a lie)?

Comment

Real talk: Doesn't it bother you when you see someone saying something which isn't true (not necessarily a lie)?
                              People can be wrong. People can have different opinions or views. That isn't lying. That's disagreement and error. I usually only choose to make a big deal about it if it is something important or central to the discussion. The whole thing about Schumer's gaze was not important. It was a side comment. It did look like he was reading something on the floor. It wasn't something anyone really cares about. Except you. You researched it to find videos and actually reenacted it in your room. That's OCD. You are like a dog with a bone but with unimportant things. And you always seem to think YOU are the arbitor of truth and anyone else who disagrees is actually LYING. Not wrong, not disagreeing with you, but lying. It doesn't seem to even enter your head that YOU might be wrong.

/real talk

Comment

People can be wrong. People can have different opinions or views. That isn't lying. That's disagreement and error. I usually only choose to make a big deal about it if it is something important or central to the discussion. The whole thing about Schumer's gaze was not important. It was a side comment. It did look like he was reading something on the floor. It wasn't something anyone really cares about. Except you. You researched it to find videos and actually reenacted it in your room. That's OCD. You are like a dog with a bone but with unimportant things. And you always seem to think YOU are the arbitor of truth and anyone else who disagrees is actually LYING. Not wrong, not disagreeing with you, but lying. It doesn't seem to even enter your head that YOU might be wrong.

/real talk
                                Being that the political display itself was so gross and getting a lot of flak, it's looking a lot like a red herring on DO's part at this point.

Comment