Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    There were TWO clues that I was kidding.... one was the use of the smiley, and the other was the use of the humorous anecdote.
    Seriously, DO, you really outta dial down the drama a tad.

Perhaps they should have hired you for a consult!

Wow - there it goes again --- manure spreader malfunctions and throws the whole load all at once!

See, here's what happens --- you and I have been having reasonable discussions elsewhere, but it appears that, in your intense battle with Sparko, because I'm his friend, I need to get blasted, too.

If it makes you feel better, blast away, cause I'm a big girl and I can take it.
    It would help me if you could quote what I said which makes you I was blasting you. This is how I think and my preferred way of speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      His eyes are clearly closed.
      They look open to me.

Comment

It would help me if you could quote what I said which makes you I was blasting you. This is how I think and my preferred way of speaking.
        I think there's a discernable 'tone' between the way you have been posting to me up to now, and the way you have addressed me in your battle with Sparko.

Remember, communication is not just "what you said", but what the receiver perceives you to have said.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I think there's a discernable 'tone' between the way you have been posting to me up to now, and the way you have addressed me in your battle with Sparko.

Remember, communication is not just "what you said", but what the receiver perceives you to have said.
          Well, I apologize if you took my comments as aggressive towards you. I take the issue of the truth very seriously as I think we all should.

In any case, I've made the points I wanted to make wrt Schumer.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Ouch. And I'm not the only one that saw right through the charade. Seems some black folks may have even been insulted...
            Really, wouldn't it have made more sense to lie on their face if their intent was to honor Floyd instead of mimicking the pose of the man who contributed to his death?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well, I apologize if you took my comments as aggressive towards you. ...
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Really, wouldn't it have made more sense to lie on their face if their intent was to honor Floyd instead of mimicking the pose of the man who contributed to his death?
                Do you actually believe that kneeling is meant to imitate Chauvin?

Comment

It's the law of unintended consequences. When you do things for show, it often comes back to bite you. Symbolism over substance.

Reminds me of Bill Clinton's "cross on the Beach" at Normandy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Not to.

The deal breaker is if he does employ troops, then he would definitely not get a vote from me. That would cause my libertarian DNA alarms to go berserk.
                    Hello! The other place appears to be as dead as the proverbial Dodo and so I took a leaf from simplicio's [and your own] book.

The question appears to be to what/whom do troops owe allegiance? The Constitution? Or the person presently holding the office of president?

If ordered by any President, should/would troops open fire on fellow citizens?
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      Hello!....
                      Welcome!

Comment

It shows how utterly void of any empathy towards the folks they claim to have empathy for. The fact they couldn't even figure out that kneeling might send the wrong message, on top of the Kente symbol, shows how out of touch and phony they truly are.

Comment

• Dear DivineOb. I am sure you just missed my post but I would really like an answer. Please?

Repost
                          -------------

But, prior to finding that video, I even produced this zoomed in version. I also reproduced his pose with a paper in what I believe was accurate to the picture. You can see the paper and, if you eyes are wide open and you have good eyesight, you could possible read it.
                          Can you give me a link to this post? I can't find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            My God you are a nitpicking moron! WOW, just WOW. Do you have OCD or something?

By the way

Can you give me a link to this post? I can't find it.
                            I included the zoomed in image in the post you replied to.

I didn't take a picture of myself reproducing the pose Schumer was in.

I did those two things and then found the video so I just posted the video instead since it proved the case on its own.

If I misunderstood your request please let me know.

Comment

I included the zoomed in image in the post you replied to.

I didn't take a picture of myself reproducing the pose Schumer was in.

I did those two things and then found the video so I just posted the video instead since it proved the case on its own.

If I misunderstood your request please let me know.
                              You said prior to posting that video (posted earlier) you also posted not only that zoomed in photo, but you reproduced his pose with a paper showing where he was looking. I don't see that post anywhere. Please provide a link for me. Thanks.

But, prior to finding that video, I even produced this zoomed in version. I also reproduced his pose with a paper in what I believe was accurate to the picture. You can see the paper and, if you eyes are wide open and you have good eyesight, you could possible read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                                I never said it was intentional.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment