Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    My point being that among the initial responses on this thread to the death of Arbery, despite, as you have noted, the initial available evidence being "incomplete and flawed" was an assumption that he was engaged in nefarious behaviour.
    And the real point is - no-one posting at that time knew there was anything wrong with the reports (available evidence) of the events.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

And the real point is - no-one posting at that time knew there was anything wrong with the reports (available evidence) of the events.
      And there was certainly record of his "nefarious" behavior elsewhere during that time, which made it logical to assume his visit to the house under construction wasn't such a good idea.

STILL, I believe we were clear that he should not have been shot.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• What I said very early in the thread....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        One of the problems in a case like this is that the media gets out front with their narrative before all the facts are in.
        Those who follow the MSM accept that narrative as a complete summary of the situation, regardless of facts that later come to light.

In the military, it's often said "first reports from the field are always wrong". That's often so true in journalism, too, with everybody rushing to be "first on the scene" and "exclusively on channel 10"....

It's much wiser to sit back and wait for the background to emerge before latching onto, and vigorously defending, the narrative that the media rushes to air.
        And SO true especially in the Rittenhouse case.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          What I said very early in the thread....

And SO true especially in the Rittenhouse case.
          Rittenhouse, like several other cases before it such as the Covington kids and Jussie Smollett, should have taught the public a valuable lesson -- when the MSM trumpets a "textbook case" of something that supports their narrative then beware. Facts and evidence may have been thrown out the window in place of "truth" or just truthiness.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Rittenhouse, like several other cases before it such as the Covington kids and Jussie Smollett, should have taught the public a valuable lesson -- when the MSM trumpets a "textbook case" of something that supports their narrative then beware. Facts and evidence may have been thrown out the window in place of "truth" or just truthiness.
            It's just so irritating that even AFTER being shown what liars they were, and how WRONG they got it, many on the left stick to "the narrative", and change focus to "the Jury was corrupt" or "The JUDGE interfered with a proper verdict".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's just so irritating that even AFTER being shown what liars they were, and how WRONG they got it, many on the left stick to "the narrative", and change focus to "the Jury was corrupt" or "The JUDGE interfered with a proper verdict".
              Or repeat what are now shown to be falsehoods. In the latter case, especially after the verdict, they are making very costly civil suits much easier to collect on.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"Father of Ahmaud Arbery just now: “ALL lives matter. I don’t want no daddy to watch his kid get shot down like that. It’s ALL our problem. So let’s keep fighting to make this a better place for all human beings. Love everybody! All human beings need to be treated equally.”

That video should be publicly broadcast every half hour on every TV station for the next week - world wide.
                Fortunately we have the MSM around to correct what you saw and heard with your own lying eyes and ears.

According to Newsweek: No, Ahmaud Arbery's Father Did Not Say 'All Lives Matter'

they say that he never said "All Lives Matter" but rather "all life matter."

Comment

Fortunately we have the MSM around to correct what you saw and heard with your own lying eyes and ears.

According to Newsweek: No, Ahmaud Arbery's Father Did Not Say 'All Lives Matter'

Since it was the MSM, are you sure it wasn't "All LIES matter"?

Comment

Hard to tell - but it is a distinction without a difference anyway. "All lives matter (or all life matters). Its all our problem - I don't want to see no daddy watch their kid get lynched or shot down like that ... let's make this a better place for all human beings ..."

He's making it clear that Black Lives aren't the only ones that matter, whatever the actual phrasing.

And the story links to:

"Reverend Al Sharpton said Wednesday's guilty verdict in the case of Ahmaud Arbery's murder signaled that the almost all-white jury decided that "Black lives do matter."

"A jury of 11 whites and one Black, in the Deep South, stood up in the courtroom and said that Black lives do matter,""
                    Last edited by tabibito; 11-28-2021, 09:16 AM.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

So..... rather than admit that he literally said what he said..... they instead want to insist the black man can't speak English properly.....

Comment

Hard to tell - but it is a distinction without a difference anyway. "All lives matter (or all life matters). Its all our problem - I don't want to see no daddy watch their kid get lynched or shot down like that ... let's make this a better place for all human beings ..."

He's making it clear that Black Lives aren't the only ones that matter, whatever the actual phrasing.

And the story links to:

"Reverend Al Sharpton said Wednesday's guilty verdict in the case of Ahmaud Arbery's murder signaled that the almost all-white jury decided that "Black lives do matter."

"A jury of 11 whites and one Black, in the Deep South, stood up in the courtroom and said that Black lives do matter,""
                        I think its a case like the NBC reporter who decided that the crowd was chanting "Let's Go Brandon!" rather than saying something she didn't like. Or like Katie Couric's recent admission that she censored Ruth Bader Ginsburg's views on athletes kneeling during the pledge because Couric declared they were "unworthy of a crusader for equality" and took it upon herself "to protect" her because RBG was "elderly and probably didn’t fully understand the question."

F4k3n3W5.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

So..... rather than admit that he literally said what he said..... they instead want to insist the black man can't speak English properly.....
                          And as tab indicates, there isn't a whole lot of difference between all lives matter and all life matter.

Comment

He really does not have a good command of English. But he speaks it clearly enough to make it plain that he considers all lives matter.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Proving, once again, that liberals are racist.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• This is language that can be used to identify a White Supremacist.

Reactionary cries that 'White Lives Matter!' or even 'All Lives Matter!' demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of what BLM is working for and fighting against.

Such cries also have the effect of diminishing the plight of a community that has suffered violent subjugation in the past and continues to feel the residual ill effects of history, with overt and subtle racism still evident today.

The fact that 'White Lives Matter' has been used as a slogan for white supremacist groups is highly problematic and it creates an absurd false equivalence.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment