Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Has Been Will Be Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Has Been Will Be Again

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

Since we are living through this era of corrupt politicans (both parties in my opinion), big business running the world, and media trying to create and control the news, it feels like it's all new and novel. America has never gone through this before and how will we survive?

I suggest this is not new in United States history. We are simply going through a replay of the 1880's and 1890's with different names. The United States got through that and we'll get through this. Unfortunately, I don't think it will start with the 2020 election. I don't see either Trump or Biden being able to change the discourse and rancor we have right now. So unless a VP has to step in first, we're looking at the 2024 election to have a chance for things to get better.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

Since we are living through this era of corrupt politicans (both parties in my opinion), big business running the world, and media trying to create and control the news, it feels like it's all new and novel. America has never gone through this before and how will we survive?

I suggest this is not new in United States history. We are simply going through a replay of the 1880's and 1890's with different names. The United States got through that and we'll get through this. Unfortunately, I don't think it will start with the 2020 election. I don't see either Trump or Biden being able to change the discourse and rancor we have right now. So unless a VP has to step in first, we're looking at the 2024 election to have a chance for things to get better.
    The citation is interesting,and personally I believe it reflects the fact that Natural Laws and natural processes are the same as in the past, present and future. The rules do not change. Now as far as the history of humanity also, the rules do not change, but they vary over time due to circumstances, and of course, the nature of being human does not change with time.

Corrupt politicians, or corrupt rulers will always be here and there. I do believe in the Western democracies have far less of aproble than dictatorships and many monarchies in the past, as the diversity sharing governments like Constitutional governments far better.

To add: I grew up in Central and South America, and Consitutional Democracies are on paper, but only a few like Costa Rica pass the test of time.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-03-2020, 07:27 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment