Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Musings on TDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Here's what you actually said:

You did not say, 'or tropical climate', you said 'or in the warmer climates'. It seems you are unable to read.

Since you can't tell the difference between 'tropical' and 'warmer', attempting to explain the much more subtle implication of your words would be futile, so I won't.
    Poor Roy, nitpicking again to avoid his massive blunder in failing to read and now blaming me, when he didn’t read it to begin with! Too precious. So do you admit that I never said nor implied that Singapore was in the Southern Hemisphere now? Are you trying to cover up this blunder you made with your obvious inability to read?
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 04-30-2020, 10:44 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• If Roy wasn't allowed to nitpick and play "Gotcha!" games then he would never have anything to say.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Considering that Taiwan is either subtropical or even tropical (the southern end), making it in a decidedly "warmer climate," seems to indicate that you're once again engaging in your favorite hobby of picking nits.
        No-one said anything about Taiwan.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

No-one said anything about Taiwan.
          Still no admission you were wrong...
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Poor Roy, nitpicking again to avoid his massive blunder in failing to read and now blaming me, when he didn’t read it to begin with! Too precious. So do you admit that I never said nor implied that Singapore was in the Southern Hemisphere now? Are you trying to cover up this blunder you made with your obvious inability to read?
            No, I'm laughing at you demeaning others' reading ability when you can't even read your own posts.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

No, I'm laughing at you demeaning others' reading ability when you can't even read your own posts.
              Still no...

“I’m sorry for falsely accusing you of something you never said or implied.”

Remember...

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              It would help more if she stopped calling others ignorant on topics she knows even less about - and a lot more if she admitted her mistakes rather than trying to lie her way out of them.
              Admit to your mistake or try nitpicking your way out. Your choice.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Considering that Taiwan is either subtropical or even tropical (the southern end), making it in a decidedly "warmer climate," seems to indicate that you're once again engaging in your favorite hobby of picking nits.
                The Sahara is decidedly warmer as well, but is not 'tropical'. Tropical does not refer to the temperature alone, it also refers to humidity and rain patterns and a climate which has only one of the multiple defining factors of tropical is NOT tropical. Therefore warmer != tropical
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  The Sahara is decidedly warmer as well, but is not 'tropical'. Tropical does not refer to the temperature alone, it also refers to humidity and rain patterns and a climate which has only one of the multiple defining factors of tropical is NOT tropical. Therefore warmer != tropical
                  As the point sails so far and so fast over your head that it left contrails.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment