Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Harvard Scientist:

Wuhan lab leak 'is now the most likely origin of Covid because Beijing tried to cover it up' and it is 'reasonable to believe virus was engineered in China', Harvard scientist tells MPs
    • The Wuhan lab leak is now the most likely origin of the coronavirus pandemic, MPs have been told
    • Harvard scientist Dr Alina Chan said it is 'reasonable' to believe that Covid was engineered by China
    • She also said that Beijing's cover-up of the initial outbreak made the lab-leak hypothesis likely
    • Tory peer Lord Ridley also told the Science Select Committee a lab leak is the most likely origin
    The Wuhan lab leak is now the most likely origin of the coronavirus pandemic because Beijing tried to cover it up, MPs were told today.

Harvard scientist Dr Alina Chan told the Science and Technology Select Committee that it is 'reasonable' to believe that Covid was genetically engineered in China.

She also said that the Chinese Communist Party's cover-up of the initial outbreak in Wuhan two years ago and attempts to sabotage the World Health Organisation's inquiry into the origins of the pandemic made the lab-leak theory likely.

Tory peer Lord Ridley, who has co-authored a book on the origin of the virus with Dr Chan, said the fact that experts have still not found the animal host that would support a natural origin despite two years of research supports claim that Covid came from a lab.

Recent revelations of China's attempted cover-up have forced British and US intelligence officials to take seriously the lab-leak hypothesis, once dismissed as a crank conspiracy theory.

However, the bombshell allegations are likely to heap pressure on the UK Government to challenge Beijing's assurances that the virus came from the natural world. They are also likely to raise further questions about the relationship between Chinese President Xi Jinping and the WHO, which last year was accused of publishing a whitewash report into the outbreak.

Dr Chan told MPs: 'I think the lab origin is more likely than not. Right now, it's not safe for people who know about the origin of the pandemic to come forward.

'But we live in an era where there is so much information being stored that it will eventually come out. We have heard from many top virologists that a genetically-engineered origin is reasonable, and that includes virologists who made modifications to the first SARS virus.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-MPs-told.html
    Oh wow, very interesting, usually I see scientists humoring or even supporting the idea of a lab leak but rarely any willing to go even further into the idea of genetic engineering or gain of function.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Oh wow, very interesting, usually I see scientists humoring or even supporting the idea of a lab leak but rarely any willing to go even further into the idea of genetic engineering or gain of function.
      Alina Chan has been at the forefront of the theory even before it became "acceptable." I'm just wondering how long before she gets smeared by the MSM and completely blackballed by the usual suspects and the scientific community.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

Alina Chan has been at the forefront of the theory even before it became "acceptable." I'm just wondering how long before she gets smeared by the MSM and completely blackballed by the usual suspects and the scientific community.
        Yeah I was looking into her, back in 2020 she was one of the first to publish anything about this topic. Apparently has gotten a lot of death threats, as well as smears and accusations of being 'worse than a race traitor' amongst other choice words, by Chinese State Media and on Chinese social media (but I repeat myself ).

I hope that doesn't happen with the MSM but wouldn't put it past them. Though I think the genie is a bit too far out of the bottle at this point on the topic (a number other experts in the field have speculated on the lab leak recently and said it is possible if not likely)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yeah I was looking into her, back in 2020 she was one of the first to publish anything about this topic. Apparently has gotten a lot of death threats, as well as smears and accusations of being 'worse than a race traitor' amongst other choice words, by Chinese State Media and on Chinese social media (but I repeat myself ).

I hope that doesn't happen with the MSM but wouldn't put it past them. Though I think the genie is a bit too far out of the bottle at this point on the topic (a number other experts in the field have speculated on the lab leak recently and said it is possible if not likely)
          It seems to be a bit of a struggle at this point. Experts are coming forward (reluctantly), but the usual suspects (the ones with the power and influence -- and we all know who they are) seem to still be applying resistance.

Comment

Harvard Scientist:

She also said that the Chinese Communist Party's cover-up of the initial outbreak in Wuhan two years ago and attempts to sabotage the World Health Organisation's inquiry into the origins of the pandemic made the lab-leak theory likely.

Except China didn't sabotage the WHO investigation. On the contrary, the WHO were willing patsies in the cover up, along with Fauci the Fraud and our own CDC.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-16-2021, 07:00 PM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Except China didn't sabotage the WHO investigation. On the contrary, the WHO were willing patsies in the cover up, along with Fauci the Fraud and our own CDC.
              Of that there is little doubt. The Chinese are the only reason the current head of the WHO (who has been accused of helping aid genocide when he ran Ethiopia's security forces) currently has his post

Comment

• Chicom bioweapon intentionally created. Only thing accidental was that it escaped early. TC interviews Stephen Mosher 2/15/21. Around the 33-minute mark, if it doesn't start there automatically.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Harvard Scientist:

Wuhan lab leak 'is now the most likely origin of Covid because Beijing tried to cover it up' and it is 'reasonable to believe virus was engineered in China', Harvard scientist tells MPs
                  • The Wuhan lab leak is now the most likely origin of the coronavirus pandemic, MPs have been told
                  • Harvard scientist Dr Alina Chan said it is 'reasonable' to believe that Covid was engineered by China
                  • She also said that Beijing's cover-up of the initial outbreak made the lab-leak hypothesis likely
                  • Tory peer Lord Ridley also told the Science Select Committee a lab leak is the most likely origin
                  The Wuhan lab leak is now the most likely origin of the coronavirus pandemic because Beijing tried to cover it up, MPs were told today.

Harvard scientist Dr Alina Chan told the Science and Technology Select Committee that it is 'reasonable' to believe that Covid was genetically engineered in China.

Tory peer Lord Ridley, who has co-authored a book on the origin of the virus with Dr Chan, said the fact that experts have still not found the animal host that would support a natural origin despite two years of research supports claim that Covid came from a lab.

Recent revelations of China's attempted cover-up have forced British and US intelligence officials to take seriously the lab-leak hypothesis, once dismissed as a crank conspiracy theory.

However, the bombshell allegations are likely to heap pressure on the UK Government to challenge Beijing's assurances that the virus came from the natural world. They are also likely to raise further questions about the relationship between Chinese President Xi Jinping and the WHO, which last year was accused of publishing a whitewash report into the outbreak.

Dr Chan told MPs: 'I think the lab origin is more likely than not. Right now, it's not safe for people who know about the origin of the pandemic to come forward.

'But we live in an era where there is so much information being stored that it will eventually come out. We have heard from many top virologists that a genetically-engineered origin is reasonable, and that includes virologists who made modifications to the first SARS virus.'

Cover ups always logically imply that there was something to hide.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    Chicom bioweapon intentionally created. Only thing accidental was that it escaped early. TC interviews Stephen Mosher 2/15/21. Around the 33-minute mark, if it doesn't start there automatically.

The Youtube censors have already struck, I see.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      The Youtube censors have already struck, I see.
                      It's a losing cause uploading those types of videos on YT, FB, or Twitter.

Comment

• ADVERTISEMENT=ADVERTISEMENT=ADVERTISEMENT=ADVERTIS EMENT=ADVERTISEMENT=ADVERTISEMENT

Try https://odysee.com/ if you are posting unsanctioned videos. Same format as YouTube but barely censored.

ADVERTISEMENT=ADVERTISEMENT=ADVERTISEMENT=ADVERTIS EMENT=ADVERTISEMENT=ADVERTISEMENT

Comment