Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Nope, it just had its first wave later than many states that did extreme lockdowns. Go look at the chart - their first wave is simply just shifted into the summer instead of the spring.
    Yeah, but the first wave could've been avoided altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Nope. There's no indication that any 'first wave' could have been avoided by any sort of restrictions. Indeed, we're now even seeing numerous Asian countries that were held up as wondrous examples of the miracles of masks, which didn't have any 'first wave'..... now experiencing rather dramatic increases in covid from next to zero, all while having the same mask-wearing compliance as they had a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

ETA: It is odd what some people tell me is behind a paywall that I can easily access and what I run into behind a paywall that others have no problem accessing
        There was no paywall there for a while, but I guess they figure I've read too many of their articles for free.

Comment

Did you see that smarmy little git is now declaring that attacks on him are "attacks on science"?
          https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1862899.html

1E3efhM_VUAMNLeO.jpg
          I prefer "wretched little goblin," except when I'm free to use vulgarity.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

If you don't grasp that that is a workaround/loophole for funding the gain of function research via third party, or that Fauci's 'sample collection' stuf was baloney,
            Are you as sure of that as you were that the coronavirus research was being done in a BSL-4 lab?

then I gave your intelligence more credit than it deserved.
            Funny, I was having a similar thought.

I suppose you believe we didn't actually sell arms in Iran-Contra to Iran under Khomeini either, because the government told you it was all part of an operation to free American hostages from Lebanon. Right?
            Even if it had been all part of an operation to free American hostages from Lebanon, it would have involved selling arms to Iran.

But to be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the scandal at the time, because I had just changed jobs and was working long hours and not watching the news. I don't have any recollection about whether I even formed an opinion about it.

And those were just TOTALLY coincidental emails about gain of function with the guy we gave the money to, whose third party nonprofit then gave to China to fund the gain of function research. Right?
            I don't think "TOTALLY coincidental" and "implicating Fauci" exhaust all the possibilities.

(BTW, the emails about gain of function were not to or from the guy we gave the money to, Peter Daszak.)

Comment

• This is a really informative article (ET has been killin it btw, so anyone who wants to brush up on the details, I'd read their reports about the story). It frames the actions of Fauci and his group and combines it with the email correspondences so you get a better perspective of the timeline. The part that stood out to me the most...

Emails Reveal How Influential Articles That Established COVID-19 Natural Origins Theory Were Formed

The second article, “The Proximal Origin of SARS-CoV-2,” published on Mar. 17, 2020, in the journal Nature, targeted the scientific community. This article was led by “corresponding author” Kristian Andersen, who recently deleted his entire Twitter profile, along with four other researchers.

Notably, of the five scientists credited with writing the article, four had directly participated in the Fauci–Farrar teleconference—which was described in an Feb. 1, 2020, email from Farrar (p. 3,197) as a “discussion … shared in total confidence.”

The one author not present on the Feb. 1, 2020 Teleconference has since recanted his position.
              NASEM: Additional Data ‘Needed to Determine the Origin and Evolution of the Virus’

Immediately prior to Daszak circulating the draft of the Lancet letter, there was a meeting (p. 116) on Feb. 3, 2020, organized by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine (NASEM), that reportedly included “officials from the FBI, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, along with the NIH and the Department of Health and Human Services.”

The hastily assembled meeting came at the same-day request of White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) Director Kelvin Droegemeier, who asked the NASEM to “help determine the origins of 2019-nCoV.”

The NASEM meeting came two days after the Fauci–Farrar teleconference. Internal emails of Fauci released through open records requests reveal the teleconference was prompted by the publication of an article in Science that referenced a Nov. 9, 2015, article in Nature about gain-of-function experiments that were being conducted at the Wuhan lab using “chimeric viruses” in mice and funded by Fauci’s organization.

The NASEM meeting included a 10-minute presentation (p. 116) from Fauci during the one-hour gathering, and also included both Daszak and Andersen.

The internal emails suggest that there was significant internal debate following the formal meeting—from both officials at NASEM and the experts called in by the organization for advice—on the official response to Droegemeier’s request.
              Jan. 31 - Kristian Anderson sends an email to Fauci explaining "potential" for engineering of covid with evolution inconsistency. Fauci's response is wait for the private conference call, kid.

Feb 1 - Fauci has a private teleconference with the usual suspects; including Daszak and Anderson ("the heat's starting to turn up, guys, so we've got to get the story straight and nip this in the bud ASAP!").

Btw, if that teleconference was funded by tax dollars, we have a right to know what was discussed.

Feb. 3 - NASEM holds a meeting with the FBI and other federal agencies about the origins of covid, the same day WH also has a meeting with OSTP.

Federal inquires are making the usual suspects nervous. "Oh, crap!"

Feb. 19 - the first damage control report curtailing any suggestion of a lab theory and blatantly kissing china's arse comes from Daszak's (absolutely unbiased lol) "scientific declaration" published in the Lancet. He even resorted to a little race-baiting to spice it up.

March 17 - Anderson publishes his paper which would be used as the catalyst authority to trump any and all suggestions of a lab conspiracy theory for months to come, until Redfield and Gupta came along 2021 and rocked the boat... then all heck broke loose.

The article fills in all the details and nuances of everything in between, how the usual suspects colluded with one another, that's really interesting.

Comment

• Laura Ingraham tears the wretched little ork several new pangolin holes.

Unfortunately, she did not post the segment with Drs. Risch and McCullough.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Maybe if we sealed everyone in buildings and let them starve. Then we might have been able to avoid it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yep I didn't run into any paywall here.
                    It asks you to subscribe if you are using an adblocker. To get around it all I had to do was turn off my adblocker for that page.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Part of the problem is that there are far too many people nodding their heads in agreement.
                      And beyond merely shilling for Fauci the Fraud, there are far too many people who think that "science" is an unassailable source of knowledge as good as if God himself had declared it, and that if you dare to question it, then you have effectively committed blasphemy.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And beyond merely shilling for Fauci the Fraud, there are far too many people who think that "science" is an unassailable source of knowledge as good as if God himself had declared it, and that if you dare to question it, then you have effectively committed blasphemy.
                        It's actually a very clever tactic Fauci's using, and it's a tactic the left has mastered to obfuscate the subject matter and gain control. It's how the left hides behind the accusation of "racism" if you disagree with their ideology. This makes it difficult for anyone to oppose their ideology because they don't want to be classified as a racist. Fauci is cleverly using that same tactic. Anyone who questions covid origins and it's connection to Fauci will be dubbed "antiscience," which is just about as uncomfortable a stigma as being dubbed racist, especially to the political left.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Laura Ingraham tears the wretched little ork several new pangolin holes.

Wow. I had no idea that she was as bad as Tucker and Sean.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            Laura Ingraham tears the wretched little ork several new pangolin holes.

"When you're attacking Dr. Anthony Fauci, you're attacking science." "Science and the truth are being attacked."

"I am the truth" -- Fauci 2021.

Comment

Wow. I had no idea that she was as bad as Tucker and Sean.
                              From the "orthodox" perspective -- which I don't share -- she is by far the "worst."

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

It's actually a very clever tactic Fauci's using, and it's a tactic the left has mastered to obfuscate the subject matter and gain control. It's how the left hides behind the accusation of "racism" if you disagree with their ideology. This makes it difficult for anyone to oppose their ideology because they don't want to be classified as a racist. Fauci is cleverly using that same tactic. Anyone who questions covid origins and it's connection to Fauci will be dubbed "antiscience," which is just about as uncomfortable a stigma as being dubbed racist, especially to the political left.
                                How well would such a tactic work against other scientists? Would it make the accuser look ridiculous like the antifa thugs who kept calling Candace Owens a "white supremacist"?

5e29f5c3eb81d.image.jpg
                                antifa's "white supremacist"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment