Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can We Hate China Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Hate China Now?

From what I read, for weeks China knew that its citizens from the Wuhan area were infected. They covered it up and even jailed doctors who were blowing the whistle. Then they let citizens from this region fly all over the world. And they get upset when we call it the China Virus?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    From what I read, for weeks China knew that its citizens from the Wuhan area were infected. They covered it up and even jailed doctors who were blowing the whistle. Then they let citizens from this region fly all over the world. And they get upset when we call it the China Virus?
    Even now those who have been critical of the Chicom's response have been "disappeared."
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Essentially nearly the entire world is (correctly) blaming China, not just Trump.

The indisputable fact is that for the first six weeks they suppressed and punished those who were telling the truth about what was happening. Dr. Li Wenliang, the Chinese whistleblower[1] who tried to issue the first warning about the coronavirus, was arrested and placed under house arrest and then died -- supposedly of the disease. The Chinese government also claims his colleague Mei Zhongming has also died, again supposedly of it as well.

Further, they refused outside assistance and wouldn't share the virus so it could be studied.

This pandemic is dramatically worse due to the Chinese government's behavior. Those in China who have noted this have vanished from sight, just like the now deceased whistleblower and his colleague. Anyone who mentions any of this outside the country gets branded as being a xenophobe and racist by the Chicoms and their stooges here. The Chinese government was and still is far concerned about their image than fighting this deadly disease.

1. An actual whistleblower, not someone spreading gossip he heard second or third hand.
    Case in point: Chinese Tycoon Who Criticized Xi's Response to Coronavirus Has Vanished: Ren Zhiqiang appears to be the latest government critic silenced by the Communist Party as it cracks down on dissent over the epidemic

I wonder if the Chicoms will be announcing that he died of the coronavirus despite "heroic efforts" to save him just like some other critics.

But what's the most important thing to keep in mind is don't you dare refer to it as the Wuhan coronavirus or the Chinese corona virus because after all

even though similar outbreaks have almost always been named after where the outbreak was first reported
    See https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._of_times.html for a video of them calling it that dozens of times but when Trump did the same then overnight it was declared racist and xenophobic by the same people who were using it.

Moreover...

Source: Woke Media Calls Term ‘Wuhan Virus’ Racist After Using Term ‘Wuhan Virus’

In fact, it is common practice for diseases to be named after populations or places of their origin such as the West Nile Virus from the West Nile district of Uganda, or the St. Louis Encephalitis. Other examples include Lyme Disease from Lyme, Connecticut, the Guinea Worm from the Guinea coast of West Africa, the German Measles for the German doctors who first described it, the Ross River Fever from Australia, the Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever from Omsk Russia, the Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever from the Ebola River, the Marburg Virus Disease from Marburg, Germany, the Lassa Fever from Lassa, Nigeria, La Crosse Encephalitis from La Crosse, Wisconsin, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

They forgot the Spanish Flu and the Hendra virus (named after a suburb of Brisbane, Australia).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Even now those who have been critical of the Chicom's response have been "disappeared."
      I hope China pays a high economic price for this...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

As long as Xi and his cronies maintain their power they'll likely just shrug it off.

That's why tariffs and boycotts don't work against them. They don't care if their people suffer just as long as they stay in charge.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As long as Xi and his cronies maintain their power they'll likely just shrug it off.

That's why tariffs and boycotts don't work against them. They don't care if their people suffer just as long as they stay in charge.
          What if a large part of the world turn their backs on China?

Chinese scientists destroyed proof of virus in December

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...mber-rz055qjnj

We Are in This Crisis Because of the Decisions of the Chinese Government

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...utm_term=third

Comment

Comment

They've done more than just jail whistleblowers and critics, a number of them have disappeared and been reported as unfortunate victims of the virus.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                They've done more than just jail whistleblowers and critics, a number of them have disappeared and been reported as unfortunate victims of the virus.
                But only after "heroic efforts" were made to save them.

Comment

I hope, AT THE VERY LEAST, we move all prescription drug manufacturing out of China back to the US. In fact, that's probably something the US can decree due to national security.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I hope, AT THE VERY LEAST, we move all prescription drug manufacturing out of China back to the US. In fact, that's probably something the US can decree due to national security.

Comment

It sort of makes you wonder why they went to such great lengths to do this. Their actions seem to imply this wasn't a natural pandemic situation.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        It sort of makes you wonder why they went to such great lengths to do this. Their actions seem to imply this wasn't a natural pandemic situation.
                        It is hard to see what the motive would be - to have the whole world hate them?

Comment

Let's look at the options:

Original story - virus was purely a natural accident, started at a Wuhan market that sells exotic animals.
                          Conspiracy theory #1 (proposed by Chinese officials) - virus was a bio-weapon unleashed by the US.
                          Conspiracy theory #2 - virus was a bio-weapon accidentally leaked out of a Wuhan lab.

Which option makes it the most likely they would go to such great lengths to cover up? I'd go with either of the two last options.

Comment

They screwed up, royally. Now it's all about the leadership not taking the blame. Hence the cover-up, bizarre stories about it being the U.S. who started it and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              Let's look at the options:

Original story - virus was purely a natural accident, started at a Wuhan market that sells exotic animals.
                              Conspiracy theory #1 (proposed by Chinese officials) - virus was a bio-weapon unleashed by the US.
                              Conspiracy theory #2 - virus was a bio-weapon accidentally leaked out of a Wuhan lab.

Which option makes it the most likely they would go to such great lengths to cover up? I'd go with either of the two last options.
                              Why would they cover it up if the U.S. was responsible? Instead they would be busy gathering evidence as well as inviting it foreign experts to examine and verify their claim.

Comment