Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pence and the Chicoms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pence and the Chicoms.

Our vice president, Oleaginous Mitlaufer Pence, who denies evolution, climate change, and dangers of smoking, decided the best model to follow was the Communist Chinese pandemic response. Makes sense to me.

Government scientist need to clear the public pronouncements through his office, effectively squelching the scientists (the disloyal, very disloyal, government employees are failing in this, maybe we should also follow the Chinese on this and have them disappeared).

The scientists fail to provide any proper spin, or context, for their remarks. Scientists make poor public relations people, another reason that science is useless. The right blend of contradiction and information can only be done by a politician.

While the scientific community is dragging their feet in getting a vaccine (and test kits), ignoring The Donald's urging to just get it done.

Remember the "anti-vaccine task force" from a few years ago? (an initiative by our illustrious president, which went nowhere, PTL)

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...6483/1169.full

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    Our vice president, Oleaginous Mitlaufer Pence, who denies evolution, climate change, and dangers of smoking, decided the best model to follow was the Communist Chinese pandemic response. Makes sense to me.

Government scientist need to clear the public pronouncements through his office, effectively squelching the scientists (the disloyal, very disloyal, government employees are failing in this, maybe we should also follow the Chinese on this and have them disappeared).

The scientists fail to provide any proper spin, or context, for their remarks. Scientists make poor public relations people, another reason that science is useless. The right blend of contradiction and information can only be done by a politician.

While the scientific community is dragging their feet in getting a vaccine (and test kits), ignoring The Donald's urging to just get it done.

Remember the "anti-vaccine task force" from a few years ago? (an initiative by our illustrious president, which went nowhere, PTL)

Trump went the same route as the chinese, they tried to cover it up and he tried to downplay it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Trump went the same route as the chinese, they tried to cover it up and he tried to downplay it.
      Riiiiight. He was trying so hard to cover it up that he was trying to warn folks months ago about this but the left decided to mock him over it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How naive can you be, simple one? In an emergency this is standard procedure, government scientists in the UK, Germany, or Japan will also be in hot water if they flout the rules now, when the biggest goal is to prevent panic.
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

So controlling the flow of information, and the lack of transparency, is really necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Slick View Post
            Riiiiight. He was trying so hard to cover it up that he was trying to warn folks months ago about this but the left decided to mock him over it.
            Wait! The Donald declared a national emergency, yet you keep saying that the MSM was trying to needlessly panic the population. There is a disconnect here.

Comment

At least the dodging, weaving, and denial is proceeding unabated: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/15/polit...ted/index.html

Good thing we have a President who focuses on the big picture, and ignores the briefings.

We assess that the United States and the world will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support.

Did we know just how to deal with this particular epidemic? NO. But can we say that we were unaware that we would face an epidemic.

Comment

So controlling the flow of information, and the lack of transparency, is really necessary?
                If Trump just came out and said, "hey guys, this looks really bad, I think we should shut everything down now. Thousands are gonna die." the Democrats would have accused Trump of fear-mongering and they would have been right.

Comment

Wait! The Donald declared a national emergency, yet you keep saying that the MSM was trying to needlessly panic the population. There is a disconnect here.
                  Looking back sport I kinda wish he did but that still does not change the fact that he was talking about this in January and the left responded with ridicule and derision.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Slick View Post
                    Looking back sport I kinda wish he did but that still does not change the fact that he was talking about this in January and the left responded with ridicule and derision.
                    I was talking about your arguments here.

Comment

The Chinese communists tried to prevent panic. Apparently Italy chose not to hide the reality of the situation.

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      Italy's mistake is panicking the elderly and thereby absolutely overwhelming the hospitals with both coronavirus patients, flu patients, and more. If they didn't it would still be manageable. Now thousands are going to die anyway, but with addition of having larger numbers of people gathering in hospitals which increases risk of spread, and having to turn away people.
                      Those who are in the Italian hospitals are there because of panic? Really now. Too bad the Italian doctors didn't know enough to save the beds for sick patients.

I just looked, the number of corona cases hit 30,000 in Italy and 2000 deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        If Trump just came out and said, "hey guys, this looks really bad, I think we should shut everything down now. Thousands are gonna die." the Democrats would have accused Trump of fear-mongering and they would have been right.
                        So, the authoritarian impulse for controlling the flow if information is justified, because of THE DEMOCRATS!

Worked so well for the Chinese. (that is sarcasm, because it did not work out for the Chinese, the information could not be contained in this age of internet)

Comment

So, the authoritarian impulse for controlling the flow if information is justified, because of THE DEMOCRATS!

Worked so well for the Chinese. (that is sarcasm, because it did not work out for the Chinese, the information could not be contained in this age of internet)
                          Trump never contained any info. He was open. He only was optimistic in his personal opinion, which he made clear WAS his personal opinion and that we would have to wait and see what happens and listen to the experts. But I guess that doesn't fit your liberal talking points.

dumbass.

Comment

Trump never contained any info. He was open. He only was optimistic in his personal opinion, which he made clear WAS his personal opinion and that we would have to wait and see what happens and listen to the experts. But I guess that doesn't fit your liberal talking points.

dumbass.
                            I think this thread is moot now, he was not able to control the flow of info through the White House. The medical community put their foot down.

I wonder why Science wrote this article? I know, They're all Dems and want to discredit Trump so they set aside any pretense of using science! (probably all Freemasons too)

Comment

dumbass.
                              You're being the dumbass, Sparko. Trump was not open, he downplayed the seriousness of the situation from the get go, and refused the W.H.O.'s testing kits which only worsened the situation, saying that it wasn't that serious, that like a miracle it would just disappear by April and that the dems were just out to get him by hyping it and criticizing his handling of it, calling that critique a democrat/MSM hoax. What ever his motives for downplaying the situation were, he did it, he was wrong, and now he finally seems to understand that. I'm guessing that you all better understand that now as well.

Comment