Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

this guy for prez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this guy for prez

Uraguayan president mujica lives with christian restraint and seems to be governing with dignity and intelligence. Imagine taking on the pot cartel (while having minimal protection) and flaunting your provocative pot policies on international TV.

http://youtu.be/LkMR_8eiT2I

I can't speak on his overall quality of leadership (as I don't know the details of Uraguayan politics), but disabling the cartels sounds smart to me. Waging that war with only two police officers for protection takes cajones.

Of course, it always helps when the government itself isn't dumb enough to ship weapons directly to the cartels.

Comment

Funny, how with all the people they talk to on the street they couldn't find a single person who dressed down to the Presidents's level. Let's see what Wikipedia has to say:

Modern Uruguay is a democratic constitutional republic, with a president who serves as both head of state and head of government. It frequently ranks as one of the most developed and prosperous countries in Latin America.
      In other words, what the heck is this guy doing talking about the poor now?

In 2009, José Mujica, a former left-wing militant who spent almost 15 years in prison during the country's military rule, emerged as the new President as the Broad Front won the election for a second time.[31]

In 2012, abortion was legalized.

In 2013, same-sex marriage and cannabis were legalized.
      Sounds like he's trying to use his term to ruin his own prosperous country, and playing the "I'm just trying to live the simple life" card a la Jorge Bergoglio in order to push through the standard leftist agenda. Should have killed him when they had the chance, as the left simply cannot abide leaving any functional and prosperous nations un-corrupted.
      Last edited by Epoetker; 05-18-2014, 12:45 AM.

Comment