Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is This What We have Come To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Evidence?
    Read post #30. Then read the NYT article Rogue linked.
    Last edited by demi-conservative; 03-08-2020, 12:37 AM.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      One of the really common logical mistakes I see conservatives on this forum make, is an apparent inability to differentiate rare from common. They seem to think something occurring at all, ever is the same as it occurring usually. And this bizarre inability to reason correctly leads them to take anecdotes of exceptional and unusual occurrences and draw sweeping conclusions from them that would only be valid if the thing were actually happening all the time. This usually seems to be connected with a disinterest on their part in any sort of polling or statistics or assessment of how common the thing actually is.
      Star, ten years ago these things would have never been allowed or promoted in Public libraries or Schools. Ten minutes ago we all knew that men were men and women were women. In my state trans women (biological men) are dominating girls sports and taking away possible scholarships for said girls. There is a law suit:https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/14/us/tr...uit/index.html

This is part and parcel of the same movement, and it is increasingly being accepted.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
        Small numbers of people have been doing sexually depraved things to children for thousands of years. The biggest such recent scandal has been the Catholic church covering up for pedophile priests.
        Last I checked, nobody was inviting Catholic priestss into public libraries to perform lewd acts in front of children, so your attempt at moral equivalence fails. This stuff isn't being done secretly in backrooms but is happening in public spaces in the light of day, and it's happening with greater frequency. Why are you trying to downplay it?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          We could have confidently said the same thing about homosexuality a short 15-years ago (remember, Obama openly opposed homosexual marriage in 2008 and still won the election), but look where we are now. They're not trying to convince us, it's the kids they're going after so that the next generation will be desensitized to it, and anybody who says, "It's just the fringe of society; nothing to worry about," is contributing to the problem. Liberals don't give a crap about "nearly universal disgust and outrage". They're going to keep pushing until it's first "tolerated" and then accepted, unless somebody stops them, preferably with laws that enforce public decency, but the window for passing such laws is quickly closing.
          I think the reason homosexuality has been so widely accepted at this point in time is for emotional reasons. People (even Christians) seem to change their minds on it because they know somebody who is homosexual and can't bring themselves to condemn that person's behavior. I'm pretty sure that's what changed my mother's mind (having a cousin). Yet that same logic militates against the acceptance of pedophilia. Most people probably know somebody who has been abused as a child, and that emotional disgust causes them to sympathize with that person, not the abuser.

Put it this way... I challenge any of you to show up at one of my family reunions, dominated by staunch Democrats, and see how much success you have promoting pedophilia.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Put it this way... I challenge any of you to show up at one of my family reunions, dominated by staunch Democrats, and see how much success you have promoting pedophilia.
            Again, you could have said the same thing about homosexuality 15-years ago. It wasn't too long ago that most people would have responded to the idea of two men sodomizing each other, or even romantically kissing, with revulsion. And today we live in a world where the official psychiatry handbook doesn't even consider an adult feeling sexually attracted to children to be a physiological disorder. Pedophiles are walking the trail blazed by homosexuals.

But, no, you go ahead and stand on the slippery slope and tell yourself that everything is okay.

Comment

I think the reason homosexuality has been so widely accepted at this point in time is for emotional reasons. People (even Christians) seem to change their minds on it because they know somebody who is homosexual and can't bring themselves to condemn that person's behavior. I'm pretty sure that's what changed my mother's mind (having a cousin). Yet that same logic militates against the acceptance of pedophilia. Most people probably know somebody who has been abused as a child, and that emotional disgust causes them to sympathize with that person, not the abuser.

The argument is that it's happening nonlinearly, in drips and drabs (therefore can't be statistically measured) and gradually (as evidence from various media sources, such as the vid in the OP).

Comment

I think the reason homosexuality has been so widely accepted at this point in time is for emotional reasons. People (even Christians) seem to change their minds on it because they know somebody who is homosexual and can't bring themselves to condemn that person's behavior. I'm pretty sure that's what changed my mother's mind (having a cousin).
                In the past, people knew others who were homosexual and freely condemned it. The change was due to prolonged propaganda, which is beginning for pedophilia.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The fact is that this isn't an isolated incident. Even the staunchly liberal New York Times acknowledges that things like this are rapidly spreading

Source: Drag Queen Story Hour Continues Its Reign at Libraries, Despite Backlash

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43158[/ATTACH]

Once upon a time, at a public library in San Francisco, a drag queen arrived at story time and read to the children she met there.

The children — no strangers to playing make believe — had fun, and soon the idea of drag queens hosting story time spread to New York.

It was an unconventional idea, both for the normally staid libraries and the drag queens, many of whom were more accustomed to hosting night-life events than M.C.-ing daytime singalongs.

But it quickly caught on.

Today, four years after that first event, drag performers regularly entertain children at libraries and community centers in progressive enclaves like New York and Los Angeles as well as red-state towns like Juneau, Alaska, and Lincoln, Neb.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Yup. Just good wholesome entertainment. Especially when they start flashing the kids.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43159[/ATTACH]
                  As the picture from the New York Times article shows, it is not uncommon for these drag queens to break into dancing (and not the sort that should be done in front of small children) during "story hour." Here for instance is another example where he/she was even getting dollar bills from the audience like they were at a strip club

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43160[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43161[/ATTACH]

Here is another image taken from a video of one partially undressing before dancing in front of the kids

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43162[/ATTACH]
                  From the Babylon Bee

Source: Library Under Fire For Hosting Controversial 'Straight Male Story Hour'

BOSTON, MA—A local library has found itself embroiled in controversy after hosting a controversial "Straight Male Story Hour," an event at which a heterosexual, married, white, cisgender male reads a story to children.

The man, Bob Smith, was scheduled to come and read Where the Wild Things Are to the kids, a move that's said to endanger the progressive values this nation holds dear.

Parents protested the library in an attempt to cancel the event.

"We're a town, a nation of values, and for this guy to come in here not dressed up in women's clothes or a demon costume and try to read to our children---well, we won't stand for it, I tell you what," said Zed Manners, a concerned parent. "What has this country become when a white guy can simply come into our library and spread his dangerous ideas about whiteness and heterosexuality to our nation's youth? What do we do when people start thinking it's OK not to grow up to be a drag queen?"

"This isn't the America I grew up in, I'll tell you that much," Zed concluded.

At publishing time, the library had apologized for the event and scheduled an "Occult Transgender Satan Worshiper Story Hour" in order to make up for its indiscretion.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

With gatherings being limited where oh where can young children go to be exposed to perverts as nature intended?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Are you sure that's satire?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Human nature has not changed since humans first became human hundreds of thousands of years ago.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        Human nature has not changed since humans first became human hundreds of thousands of years ago.
                        Just a hundred years ago they would have burned the drag queens at the stake instead of cheering them for dancing with children.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Just a hundred years ago they would have burned the drag queens at the stake instead of cheering them for dancing with children.
                          More like three hundred years ago. A century ago they might have been tarred and feathered and rode outta town on a rail.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

More like three hundred years ago. A century ago they might have been tarred and feathered and rode outta town on a rail.
                            I was using hyperbole.

Comment