Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Mike, here's the number currently hospitalized due to COVID as of today. It's far higher than previous peaks and on a practically vertical slope before either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Deaths is heading exactly the same way except it lags hospitalizations of course. We just hit 2000 deaths today for the first time since May.

The best solution would be that people socially distance (preferably with masks), not crowd onto airplanes and then congregate indoors with their loved ones of advanced age. Yet Thanksgiving travel this year is almost on par with prior years. In two weeks let's take another look at these graphs. We're going to be up to one 9/11 per day very soon.

IOW clearly the Republicans deserve four more years for navigating us through this challenging time.

hospital.jpg
    I am still trying to figure out this covid tracking project data. They are showing data not yet appearing on the CDC site. It will be hard to figure out some stuff until the data matures.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Of course, testing does not follow the fatality rate, because they are increasing testing, which has not direct relationship to the fatality rate. Deal honestly with the hospitalization and fatality rate of COVID-19 in the USA and the world, which is the real issue, instead of you are playing dishonest dodge ball.

whatever. it is too hard to figure out what is on your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

I misread your data. The data on deaths toward December seems to be a projected number... it looks really weird.
        Here's another view of that data which isn't so squished. It's not projecting to the future.

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-deaths

Here's the chart of CDC collected numbers
        Those numbers don't seem to be correct. If I am reading it correctly it says that last week (November 15-21) there were 6000 deaths. if you add up the daily deaths on the google chart (https://www.google.com/search?client...navirus+deaths) you get more than 10000 deaths over that timeframe.

ETA: I found the CDC data and it has this disclaimer.

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction and cause of death.

US Covid-ascribed deaths Up to Nov 25.png
        We know that US Testing has sky rocketed but the deaths don't follow that curve. The increases are following some of the flu curves that we see in the northern states as Winter approaches.
        Deaths have not followed suit because treatment has gotten better and because new cases lead to death 2-4 weeks later. If you put everyone in solitary confinement we'd still see increasing death rates for two weeks.

We cannot live our lives in fear of the novel coronavirus. The fear will kill you.

Right now our children are getting a perverted view of life and will be scarred for life if we don't permit life to go on normally. Is that your big hope?
        South Dakota has already lost around 0.1% of its entire population just due to COVID deaths, with 0.029% of that in just the past 7 days. If you don't find those numbers horrifying then I really don't know what to say.
        Last edited by LiconaFan97; 11-25-2020, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post

Here's another view of that data which isn't so squished. It's not projecting to the future.

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/us-daily-deaths

Those numbers don't seem to be correct. If I am reading it correctly it says that last week (November 15-21) there were 6000 deaths. if you add up the daily deaths on the google chart (https://www.google.com/search?client...navirus+deaths) you get more than 10000 deaths over that timeframe.

ETA: I found the CDC data and it has this disclaimer.

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction and cause of death.

Deaths have not followed suit because treatment has gotten better and because new cases lead to death 2-4 weeks later. If you put everyone in solitary confinement we'd still see increasing death rates for two weeks.

South Dakota has already lost around 0.1% of its entire population just due to COVID deaths, with 0.029% of that in just the past 7 days. If you don't find those numbers horrifying then I really don't know what to say.

You kind of came in on a different topic. Shuny provided an article pointing to the Dakotas as the hot spot in the country. I was showing that that was good news of a sort since that means more populous states were lower than that.

The numbers you are showing indicate that the yearly death up to this point would be about 10% higher than last year. This is 75% of people 70 and older. This is mainly older people getting affected. This is not good but it suggests that young people can continue living normal lives while seeking to be protective of older people who wish to quarantine.

We are causing too many ill effects on the younger generation without even asking people what they want or leaving it up to family decisions.

As to the 0.029% rate... the normal rate would be about 0.019%. So this has been a bad week indeed.

I think the other thing to keep in mind is that, the last figure I heard, 19% percent of the covid-related deaths are due mainly to coronavirus. The other deaths had multiple comorbidities. So, this is mainly a disease of the vulnerable.

Comment

whatever. it is too hard to figure out what is on your mind.
            On my mind, is an honest ethical understanding of the COVID-19 Pandemic and its consequences. Nothing less.

Your confusion and failure to respond coherently to LiconaFan 97's post as follows reflects your inability to put the COVID-19 pandemic in rational perspective,

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            "I am still trying to figure out this covid tracking project data. They are showing data not yet appearing on the CDC site. It will be hard to figure out some stuff until the data matures."
            The only thing you have presented in the past id dishonest and unethical misuse of the data and graphs, and you fail to respond coherently to LiconaFan 97 when he presents the fact honestly.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I am still trying to figure out this covid tracking project data. They are showing data not yet appearing on the CDC site. It will be hard to figure out some stuff until the data matures.
              The data on the CDC site is always incomplete for the latest week or two (or more).

The Covid Tracking Project takes the data directly from the states every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Clueless liberals trying to figure out why Italy is having a resurgence of the China flu despite doing everything "right".

Just one month ago, Italy was the shining example of how masks and aggressive testing work to stave off a second COVID wave. Why have things gone so terribly wrong?

[...]

What's particularly troubling about the return of COVID in Italy is that the country has done everything experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci have been advising. Face masks in public places have been compulsory for months, social distancing is strongly enforced, nightclubs have never reopened, and sporting arenas are at less than a third of capacity. Children who are back at school are regularly tested and strictly social-distanced, and yet, the second wave seems completely unstoppable.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/italy-...hat-went-wrong
                Again. . . there remains a high failure rate of many people to comply with the mask and social distancing in recent history such as political campaign events, church services and other social gatherings. As documented tracking Trump's political campaign events and events, and failure to comply has lead to the spread among Whitehouse staff, employees and then to their families. The same has been found in many church services and gatherings taking it home to their families. It is documented and common for young people to ignore the rules feeling they are invincible.
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

On my mind, is an honest ethical understanding of the COVID-19 Pandemic and its consequences. Nothing less.

Your confusion and failure to respond coherently to LiconaFan 97's post as follows reflects your inability to put the COVID-19 pandemic in rational perspective,

The only thing you have presented in the past id dishonest and unethical misuse of the data and graphs, and you fail to respond coherently to LiconaFan 97 when he presents the fact honestly.
                  rightie o. we love your convincing aruments.

I have not had issue with LiconaFan's post of data. The only thing not useful is the number of tests or positive tests -- since this really has no meaning based on the improper use of the PCR process.

Comment

I have not had issue with LiconaFan's post of data. The only thing not useful is the number of tests or positive tests -- since this really has no meaning based on the improper use of the PCR process.
                    I don't see what's improper about using the most accurate test available.

Comment

Needs some work on your English. Not coherent.

I have not had issue with LiconaFan's post of data. The only thing not useful is the number of tests or positive tests.
                      LaconaFan 97's data is more evidence for present state of the seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The only thing the number of tests indicate is the number of test. Ina nd of the selves there is no relationship nor to the number of hospitalizations which determines the extent and nature of the COVID-19 pandemic.

they tall us nothing
                      The number of tests only tell us the number of tests

.-- since this really has no meaning based on the improper use of the PCR process.
                      The history of the tracking of cases, hospitalizations, and fatalities do tell us that PCR is necessary for the reduction of the spread of the pandemic. The number of tests only tell us how many tests were given. The number of positive cases do provide information of tracking the spread of COVID-19
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-26-2020, 02:11 PM.

Frank

Comment

Again. . . there remains a high failure rate of many people to comply with the mask and social distancing in recent history such as political campaign events, church services and other social gatherings. As documented tracking Trump's political campaign events and events, and failure to comply has lead to the spread among Whitehouse staff, employees and then to their families. The same has been found in many church services and gatherings taking it home to their families. It is documented and common for young people to ignore the rules feeling they are invincible.
                        The article you're responding to is about Italy, so your attempts to blame it on President Trump isn't going to work.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The article you're responding to is about Italy, so your attempts to blame it on President Trump isn't going to work.
                          The problem is the high failure rate of complying with the use of masks. social distancing, and limits of social gatherings in Italy and the USA regardless of Donald Trump

. . . but yes the failure of leadership on Trumps part, and his disregard for masks, social distancing, and large gatherings, just as others like churches and institutions that did not comply with the guidelines, and caused documented spread of COVID-19.

It has no relationship to government laws, regulations and recommendations if people do not comply in Italy and the USA..

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I don't see what's improper about using the most accurate test available.
                            i was examining data they don't have on that tracking site.

Comment

The problem is the high failure rate of complying with the use of masks. social distancing, and limits of social gatherings in Italy and the USA regardless of Donald Trump

. . . but yes the failure of leadership on Trumps part, and his disregard for masks, social distancing, and large gatherings, just as others like churches and institutions that did not comply with the guidelines, and caused documented spread of COVID-19.

It has no relationship to government laws, regulations and recommendations if people do not comply in Italy and the USA..
                              there is the scheme of the abuser blaming his wife for his actions.

Comment

Needs some work on your English. Not coherent.

LaconaFan 97's data is more evidence for present state of the seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The only thing the number of tests indicate is the number of test. Ina nd of the selves there is no relationship nor to the number of hospitalizations which determines the extent and nature of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The number of tests only tell us the number of tests

The history of the tracking of cases, hospitalizations, and fatalities do tell us that PCR is necessary for the reduction of the spread of the pandemic. The number of tests only tell us how many tests were given. The number of positive cases do provide information of tracking the spread of COVID-19
                                Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment