Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Over 70% of coronavirus patients wore mask, followed guidelines - CDC study
    https://www.jpost.com/health-science/coronavirus-patients-can-contract-virus-despite-wearing-face-masks-cdc-645685

[COLOR=#212121]Face masks and coverings are not 100% effective at preventing the spread of the[/COLOR]coronavirus, according to aSeptember study from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
    The study, conducted in July, found that over 70% of the 154 "case-patients," who had tested positive for COVID-19, were infected despite making efforts to abide by CDC guidelines, including the wearing of face masks.
    It is possible that some of the infections may have been caused by removing face coverings for food or drink. Another possibility is airflow, as “direction, ventilation and intensity of airflow might affect virus transmission, even if social distancing measures and mask use are implemented according to current guidance,” according to the CDC report.
    This is reflective of an incident at Tel Aviv's Sourasky Medical Center, where a doctor and two nurses may have been infected with the coronavirus
    by the aerosol coming from a ventilator being used on a patient.
    However, the CDC report further explained that it is impossible to evaluate exactly where someone contracted the virus.

And exactly where have you been? This is news to you? And hey, if EVERYONE was wearing masks, then 100% of those infected would have been wearing masks. Only there would have just been 10, instead of 100*.

*values chosen from thin air to make the point, the actual values would be different, but would maintain the same relationship.

Now IF the percent infected in an area NOT using masks was the SAME as the number infected in an area using masks - THEN you might conclude mask wearing is ineffective.

But that is not what the data so far has been showing.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-18-2020, 03:20 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Over 70% of coronavirus patients wore mask, followed guidelines - CDC study
      https://www.jpost.com/health-science...sks-cdc-645685

Face masks and coverings are not 100% effective at preventing the spread of thecoronavirus, according to aSeptember study from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
      The study, conducted in July, found that over 70% of the 154 "case-patients," who had tested positive for COVID-19, were infected despite making efforts to abide by CDC guidelines, including the wearing of face masks.
      It is possible that some of the infections may have been caused by removing face coverings for food or drink. Another possibility is airflow, as “direction, ventilation and intensity of airflow might affect virus transmission, even if social distancing measures and mask use are implemented according to current guidance,” according to the CDC report.
      This is reflective of an incident at Tel Aviv's Sourasky Medical Center, where a doctor and two nurses may have been infected with the coronavirus
      by the aerosol coming from a ventilator being used on a patient.
      However, the CDC report further explained that it is impossible to evaluate exactly where someone contracted the virus.
      Big strawman. Nobody has ever suggested that face masks and coverings are 100% effective at preventing the spread of the virus, and it's no news to anybody (except, apparently, you) that they aren't.
      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

I'm not cruel. It is science that is cold facts and tells us the true story. My analysis of the data does not kill people. It is disease that does this. It is disease that operates in predictable ways -- not in the ways the media pretends it to happen.

You keep repeating the same lines. You have not shown any error but just spout your misinformed opinion. Why should I not be surprised?
        Your analysis is not remotely science for example, your assertion that the diagnosis of COVID-19 by doctors and the case and fatality totals and rates are not true. This egregiously cruel and disrespectful of those that died and suffered from COVID-19.

You have failed to present any scientific references to support your assertions.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Your analysis is not remotely science for example, your assertion that the diagnosis of COVID-19 by doctors and the case and fatality totals and rates are not true. This egregiously cruel and disrespectful of those that died and suffered from COVID-19.

You have failed to present any scientific references to support your assertions.
          You have failed to reasonably rebut the data and the findings. I'm still waiting for your contribution. In the past, you have expressed an interest in science but you have never addressed the science on coronavirus. This is extremely cruel concerning the life of every person on this planet. You ought to just be screaming at yourself to get your data and science back on track. On the other hand... If you put your mind to it, you could help reduce the effects of corrupted news concerning coronavirus.

If you get back on the science and data, then we could start to have a decent discussion. So far you have presented great news about the Dakotas and the world but then reject the science that shows this.
          Last edited by mikewhitney; 11-18-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

You have failed to reasonably rebut the data and the findings. I'm still waiting for your contribution. In the past, you have expressed an interest in science but you have never addressed the science on coronavirus. This is extremely cruel concerning the life of every person on this planet. You ought to just be screaming at yourself to get your data and science back on track. On the other hand... If you put your mind to it, you could help reduce the effects of corrupted news concerning coronavirus.

You have failed to present any scientific references to support your assertions [that the current totals and rate of cases and fatalities are not what is reported, which you use to justify your denial of the pandemic.].
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-18-2020, 05:00 PM.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

No real response from you. This was expected.

Comment

No real response from you. This was expected.
                You have failed to present any scientific references to support your assertions [that the current totals and rate of cases and fatalities are not what is reported, which you use to justify your denial of the pandemic.].

It serves your memory is not an adequate response.

Originally posted by mikewhitney
                Maybe they are not being treated properly because the medical system is pigeon holing everything into coronavirus. But I appreciate you sharing anecdotal news, this confirms that you are not able to find scientific studies.

There may be a real virus or other disease going around. The thing we know is that the case counts are useless since we cannot tell if the novel coronavirus is the cause of the problems nor does the popular PCR test offer worthwhile results whether someone even has this specific virus. The PCR test cannot tell if some has fragments of it, an ineffective amount, or an amount that might cause sickness. The PCR test should not go through more than 30-35 cycles and should only be used within 3-5 days (if memory serves) after acquiring this.
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-18-2020, 05:04 PM.

Frank

Comment

You don't have to post before you have come up with anything useful to the discussion. You certainly deserve a break to study and get back after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                    Big strawman. Nobody has ever suggested that face masks and coverings are 100% effective at preventing the spread of the virus, and it's no news to anybody (except, apparently, you) that they aren't.
                    Did I suggest otherwise?
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You don't have to post before you have come up with anything useful to the discussion. You certainly deserve a break to study and get back after that.

You ave a long tragic history of an egregious cruel denier of the pandemic.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm not really sure that's possible.
                        Speculation not based on evidence. Trump has encouraged the spread of COVID-19 as a matter of fact, and no one else was in the influential position of president.

Frank

Comment

You ave a long tragic history of an egregious cruel denier of the pandemic.
                          This is being improperly maintained as a pandemic despite the level of deaths. It has been treated as a pandemic in California despite the very low number of deaths ascribed to covid-19 in California. I'm a realist. I look at facts and data. You are cruel for making everyone suffer that does not need to suffer.

I'm still awaiting for you to consider the science and data. I have not heard from you on this area that you claim interest in.

Comment

• I tend to hope that people don't just listen to what politicians and the media say. People need to think things through analytically and decide if the story they are told is correct. People have to recognize propaganda -- where things are repeated ad nauseum, as an appeal to belief derived from repetition and through emotions.

Comment

This is being improperly maintained as a pandemic despite the level of deaths. It has been treated as a pandemic in California despite the very low number of deaths ascribed to covid-19 in California. I'm a realist. I look at facts and data. You are cruel for making everyone suffer that does not need to suffer.

I'm still awaiting for you to consider the science and data. I have not heard from you on this area that you claim interest in.
                              Nothing new here. You repeatedly denied it was a pandemic, except to oddly say 'well New York maybe a pandemic.' You have repeatedly denied that the legally and medically recorded cases and deaths from COVID-19.

You have also denied the effectiveness of masks in reducing the spread of COVID-19 despite the vast evidence supporting the effectiveness of masks going back to the 1917-1020 flu pandemic.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-18-2020, 07:56 PM.

Frank

Comment

Nothing new here. You repeatedly denied it was a pandemic, except to oddly say 'well New York maybe a pandemic.' You have repeatedly denied that the legally and medically recorded cases and deaths from COVID-19.

You have also denied the effectiveness of masks in reducing the spread of COVID-19 despite the vast evidence supporting the effectiveness of masks going back to the 1917-1020 flu pandemic.
                                Peace, brother.

Comment