Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another slice of gobsmacking Trumpian stupidity:

The Trump administration said it will not join a global effort to develop, manufacture and equitably distribute a coronavirus vaccine, in part because the World Health Organization is involved, a decision that could shape the course of the pandemic and the country’s role in health diplomacy.
    There’s lots more stupidity where that came from. Brace yourselves.

Vote Biden/Harris and let’s steady the ship of state.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Another slice of gobsmacking Trumpian stupidity:

Your post is contradictory. No vaccine should be deployed until at least 4 years of testing. So Trump is smart to stop this dangerous distribution of untested drugs.

How do you find more comfort with Biden? He is not mentally there. I don't know if Trump will do good for our nation but it does not seem that Biden could even do anything competently if he became president. How do you figure he could be at all effective?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Your post is contradictory. No vaccine should be deployed until at least 4 years of testing. So Trump is smart to stop this dangerous distribution of untested drugs.

How do you find more comfort with Biden? He is not mentally there. I don't know if Trump will do good for our nation but it does not seem that Biden could even do anything competently if he became president. How do you figure he could be at all effective?
        I see you’ve been listening to Russkie disinformation again (repeated in the fascist fake news outlets).
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          I suppose you could take comfort in the fact that if Biden does manage to win then he won't be the one making any of the decisions. Whoever is pulling his strings will be the real president(s).
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Trump new strategy is "Herd immunity" which equates to the infection of 65 - 70% of the population and 2.3 million deaths. This so called expert health advisor, who was dug up for him by FOXNEWS, who has no experience other than being a radiologist, aka an xray technician.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Trump new strategy is "Herd immunity" which equates to the infection of 65 - 70% of the population and 2.3 million deaths. This so called expert health advisor, who was dug up for him by FOXNEWS, who has no experience other than being a radiologist, aka an xray technician.
              It failed so badly in Sweden after all....
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Actually, his new strategy is to do everything possible to pursue herd immunity while denying that it's a "herd immunity strategy".

I half expect them to start recommending "covid parties" for young people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  It failed so badly in Sweden after all....
                  Yep, you get to be a lab rat for Trump. Good luck, and try to cut down on the co-morbidities.

Comment

I am with Trump. The Who will be using a Chinese or Russian vaccine which we can't trust. We already have several vaccine candidates undergoing final testing right now. We will distribute our own vaccine to our people and probably supply the vaccine to any other countries who want it.

The chinese put lead paint on children's toys. Do you really trust them to make a safe vaccine?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I am with Trump. The Who will be using a Chinese or Russian vaccine which we can't trust. We already have several vaccine candidates undergoing final testing right now. We will distribute our own vaccine to our people and probably supply the vaccine to any other countries who want it.

The chinese put lead paint on children's toys. Do you really trust them to make a safe vaccine?
                      Trials prove whether or not a vaccine is safe and effective. No one is planning to use an untested vaccine. If you do not trust someone’s data, you can always run your own tests. In general, the international medical bodies that look after this stuff are well organised, trust worthy and follow the same protocols.

Comment

Trials prove whether or not a vaccine is safe and effective. No one is planning to use an untested vaccine. If you do not trust someone’s data, you can always run your own tests. In general, the international medical bodies that look after this stuff are well organised, trust worthy and follow the same protocols.
                        Wrong. Unless you want to wait months/years for any possible side effects to occur, there is always a risk with releasing a vaccine too soon. And even after all that, they could miss things in the testing. The swine flu vaccine used in 1976 was tested and then distributed and then people started coming down with Guillain-Barré disease which caused paralysis.

So there is always a risk in a new vaccine. But I would rather trust our doctors here than the WHO's chinese/russian doctors.

Comment

Wrong. Unless you want to wait months/years for any possible side effects to occur, there is always a risk with releasing a vaccine too soon. And even after all that, they could miss things in the testing. The swine flu vaccine used in 1976 was tested and then distributed and then people started coming down with Guillain-Barré disease which caused paralysis.

So there is always a risk in a new vaccine. But I would rather trust our doctors here than the WHO's chinese/russian doctors.
                          That's because Gerald Ford, for political reasons, approved it's use prior to it's being fully analyzed, the same as Trump is trying to do here. Ford was just lucky that the risk of doing so didn't cause more serious medical effects than it did.

Comment

Heck, even "routine" vaccines are not 100% safe. I'm not anti-vaccination, but I do think we are an over vaccinated society, and there are a number of side effects that the medical community is reluctant to own up to. Both of my sons developed severe allergies, one to peanut and one to fish (many vaccines are made with peanut and fish products) which started around the time they received their first vaccinations until about 7-years later, which is when vaccines usually need a booster. They went from being deathly allergic to having no allergic reaction at all almost overnight. My wife found the timing suspicious and asked our doctor if the infant vaccines could have been the cause of the allergies. He was extremely reluctant to answer the question, but after she wouldn't let up, he finally said, in effect, "Yes, that is very likely, but you didn't hear it from me."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Heck, even "routine" vaccines are not 100% safe. I'm not anti-vaccination, but I do think we are an over vaccinated society, and there are a number of side effects that the medical community is reluctant to own up to. Both of my sons developed severe allergies, one to peanut and one to fish (many vaccines are made with peanut and fish products) which started around the time they received their first vaccinations until about 7-years later, which is when vaccines usually need a booster. They went from being deathly allergic to having no allergic reaction at all almost overnight. My wife found the timing suspicious and asked our doctor if the infant vaccines could have been the cause of the allergies. He was extremely reluctant to answer the question, but after she wouldn't let up, he finally said, in effect, "Yes, that is very likely, but you didn't hear it from me."
                              So vaccines can cause and cure allergies? That's a new one on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                                So vaccines can cause and cure allergies? That's a new one on me.
                                Cure? No... we didn't have the boys re-vaccinated. They lost their allergies around the time infant vaccines lose their efficacy. As I said, the timing was suspicious, and the doctor confirmed our suspicions despite his extreme reluctance to do so.

Comment