Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]43550[/ATTACH]
    Judas at least got some silver for selling out Jesus. If you’re going to sell out and repeat Chinese propaganda, you might as well get paid for it.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Name 5 US doctors arrested/dying mysteriously, 5 cases of samples being destroyed, or cases of the US lying to the world about a new illness. Maybe you’ll get to that after you’re done attacking your fellow Christians and excusing away China’s lies. Please tell me they are paying you because you’re getting screwed if they are not.
      Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      So you have evidence that the Trump administration arrested doctors, destroyed samples, and lied to the world about the spread of a new illness within our country? I’d like to see your evidence, got any?
      My bad, I neglected to account for the extreme literalistic tendencies here, so I should have explained myself better.

I asked just how is our response different, then gave an answer: I know, we don't use the camp system. By camp system, I meant the host of tools which a totaliarian regime relies on. Since we are not totalitarian, then it should be tacitly assumed that we do not have totalitarian methods. So one would expect to see different methods used when embarking o similar policies.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
        My bad, I neglected to account for the extreme literalistic tendencies here, so I should have explained myself better.

I asked just how is our response different, then gave an answer: I know, we don't use the camp system. By camp system, I meant the host of tools which a totaliarian regime relies on. Since we are not totalitarian, then it should be tacitly assumed that we do not have totalitarian methods. So one would expect to see different methods used when embarking o similar policies.
        It’s easy,

We didn’t arrest doctors, destroy samples, and lie to the world about the nature of a new disease.

Is that too complicated for you to understand?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Judas at least got some silver for selling out Jesus. If you’re going to sell out and repeat Chinese propaganda, you might as well get paid for it.
          A Judas analogy. Gee, I wonder if Rum tugger would see anything wrong in this post. Nawwww, that would be too much to expect from a Twebber.

Comment

It’s easy,

We didn’t arrest doctors, destroy samples, and lie to the world about the nature of a new disease.

Is that too complicated for you to understand?
            Yes it is easy. Anything is acceptable as long as it falls short of the totalitarian methods. But I disagree. The US made the same false steps as China, although it used lesser methods. And people will pay the price.

China has the disease under control, and is now providing aid to Europe. And is lifting the mass quarantine. They did get a lot of things right in this, things which they presented to the world, and we in the US ignored.

Inciting panic is wrong, the US uses different measure than China on those who needlessly incite panic.

Comment

A Judas analogy. Gee, I wonder if Rum tugger would see anything wrong in this post. Nawwww, that would be too much to expect from a Twebber.
              You are making excuses, for China and their lies, might as well ask for a check. Judas at least got something, for selling out.
              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-26-2020, 08:28 AM.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yes it is easy. Anything is acceptable as long as it falls short of the totalitarian methods. But I disagree. The US made the same false steps as China, although it used lesser methods. And people will pay the price.

China has the disease under control, and is now providing aid to Europe. And is lifting the mass quarantine. They did get a lot of things right in this, things which they presented to the world, and we in the US ignored.

Inciting panic is wrong, the US uses different measure than China on those who needlessly incite panic.
                And the dodging continues! How much are you getting paid to cover for China? Although it is kind of them to send aid after releasing this plague upon us all, but it’s a day late and a dollar short. China lied and people died, but at least their murderous regime has a friend in you.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS!

Possible cure found

00000000000000ab000-00aaah4a.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Comments like that make me wonder which team you're cheering for.
                    And THAT is exactly what is wrong with this country - that so many think in terms of teams and tribes instead of examining the issues and coming to their own conclusions, without regard for "which team" they might or might not be aligning with.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• My ese at work has been telling me about these piñatas since last week.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Joe Biden was lobbed several softballs by the MSM so that he would not get upset and lose it like he's done on multiple occasions

Click on to play

Well at least he didn't forget where he was an wander away off camera
                        Last edited by rogue06; 03-26-2020, 08:57 AM. Reason: forgot the "not"

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          A piece in the The Atlantic (hardly a bastion of conservatism or even allowing their side to be presented) for those who keep trying to minimize what the Chicoms did

Source: China Is Avoiding Blame by Trolling the World

Beijing is successfully dodging culpability for its role in spreading the coronavirus.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I never knew The Atlantic was full of virulent racists, yet here they are trying to blame the poor, innocent Chinese government for something that is clearly President Trump's fault.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Have you not been reading the data on testing? Here, let me show you:

A “false-negative” outcome is when someone is tested and found to be clear of the disease, but when tested again, are found to have it. The WHO’s guidelines for laboratory testing of COVID-19 say that negative results “do not rule out the possibility of COVID-19 virus infection.”7

This means that even in countries that have done lots of tests, the true number of COVID-19 cases is still uncertain, although of course more testing still means more certainty.

There haven’t been many studies into how common false negatives are, so it’s hard to know how big an impact they have on our understanding – but research is going on.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-testing

If you continue to read and look at their charts, you’ll find the US is among the top 5 countries to have performed COVID-19 test as of 20 March. You’ll also see that there is some wiggle room in there.

South Korea also is more urbanized, with a larger percentage of the population, living closer together. Their population density is 503 people, per KM2 while ours is 36 people per KM2. This matters, with an infectious disease. More spread out = less chance for community spread = less total infections. (Italy is 206). This stuff all matters and is things you’re ignoring in your ‘get Trump’ mentality.
                            84% of the U.S. population lives in urban areas that range in population density from about 150 people per square mile for the smaller urban areas to a whopping 29,000 people per square mile for some of our largest cities. The population of our ten largest cities exceeds the entire population of South Korea with a population density that is at least ten times that of South Korea. Comparing averages for countries as diverse as the U.S. and South Korea either betrays a lack of understanding of basic statistics, or comprises a very disingenuous argument.

In this case, a median population density would be a better choice. If you looked at the entire population of South Korea and asked "what is the median population density experienced by a South Korean citizen" and compared it to the U.S., I think you would find that the U.S. has FAR more people living at a higher population density than the the median South Korean citizen.
                            Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-26-2020, 09:06 AM.
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yes they did try to lie, cover up, squelch the free flow of information, going so far as to silence health care professionals. And just how is that different from the US' response? I know, we don't use a camp system.

The fact is that we are relying, in part, on models developed by the Chinese. We are following the draconian methods of locking down society and the economy on a scale which is unnecessary in some countries which embarked on a different course.

I know you and Rogue cannot contemplate a reality in which people disagree with you based on a reasoned analysis of the evidence without being in the employ of the China Communist Party. That sounds like the line Christians use about da debbil being behind every idea which disagrees with the Christian who can interpret scripture with divine precision.

Are you pro life? The communal church services present a quandary, a moral dilemma, for the case of the large gatherings on Sunday. One indirect effect of that worship is people dying. What does "Choose life" mean in that situation of holding church service in the midst of a plague? And if you take the wrong course of action, are you in the employ of Satan, who hates life?
                              Wow, that's a new take.

"I'm not excusing China, I'm saying that the US has been just as bad."

Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                And THAT is exactly what is wrong with this country - that so many think in terms of teams and tribes instead of examining the issues and coming to their own conclusions, without regard for "which team" they might or might not be aligning with.
                                True. You and firstfloor wouldn't be the first liberals to hope that this crisis is managed just poorly enough to hurt President Trump's re-election chances. You have even said on numerous occasions that you would happily endure hardships (with little regard for how it might hurt anyone else) if it meant the President's ouster. That's a pretty warped perspective.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-26-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment