Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Most See Impeachment As Failed Strategy, Want Democrats to Move On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most See Impeachment As Failed Strategy, Want Democrats to Move On

Most See Impeachment As Failed Strategy, Want Democrats to Move On

So, for those who were insisting that the American people wanted Trump removed from office, this new poll tends to dispel that myth...

[bolding mine]

Impeachment is over and done with as far as most voters are concerned. The House Democrats’ failed effort to remove President Trump has just made him stronger politically, voters say.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 32% of Likely U.S. Voters think House Democrats should continue their efforts to remove Trump from office. Sixty-two percent (62%) say Democrats in Congress should now focus on other issues. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

And yet folks like Eric Swalwell are already talking about the possibility of starting hearings for impeachment over Roger Stone.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And yet folks like Eric Swalwell are already talking about the possibility of starting hearings for impeachment over Roger Stone.
      Never interrupt your enemy, while he is making a mistake.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'd say they were right - if only because if it wasn't clear before that the republicans would close ranks and not vote to impeach regardless, it's certainly clear now. Though in many people's eyes he absolutely should be impeached and removed from office, it is a wasted effort, so they should concentrate on other matters.

I would be surprised if voters who previously thought he should be removed from office have changed their minds, however.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
          I'd say they were right - if only because if it wasn't clear before that the republicans would close ranks and not vote to impeach regardless, it's certainly clear now. Though in many people's eyes he absolutely should be impeached and removed from office, it is a wasted effort, so they should concentrate on other matters.

I would be surprised if voters who previously thought he should be removed from office have changed their minds, however.
          I think what happened was that the Democrats had created such a poisonous environment (in that it looked like hate and revenge, not "taking care of business"), and acted with such obvious scorn and disdain that they blew their opportunity to put on a serious impeachment.

Putting Adam Schiff as head of this circus was a major mistake on the part of the Democrats.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
            I'd say they were right - if only because if it wasn't clear before that the republicans would close ranks and not vote to impeach regardless, it's certainly clear now.
            It was clear to anybody who paid even half attention that the House inquiry was a sham, and the case the Democrats brought to the Senate wasn't even good enough for a civil court let alone removing a duly elected president from office.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It was clear to anybody who paid even half attention that the House inquiry was a sham, and the case the Democrats brought to the Senate wasn't even good enough for a civil court let alone removing a duly elected president from office.
              It's still amazing how contradictory they were (and they couldn't even see it) in declaring with great confidence that they had OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE, but they couldn't proceed without calling witnesses and obtaining ... um.... evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I think what happened was that the Democrats had created such a poisonous environment (in that it looked like hate and revenge, not "taking care of business"), and acted with such obvious scorn and disdain that they blew their opportunity to put on a serious impeachment.

Putting Adam Schiff as head of this circus was a major mistake on the part of the Democrats.
                That was nothing more than the Democrats overcompensating for the fact that they had no case. Like the old joke about the preacher's margin notes: "Weak point. Yell louder."
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Schumer let slip the real reason for the impeachment was to benefit democrats and hurt Republicans. In other words, they were abusing their power to influence the next election. The exact thing they were impeaching Trump for.

---
                  “It’s been a positive for us,” Schumer said, adding that Democratic “data shows every one of their [Republican] Senate candidates has had problems.”
                  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sch...-for-democrats

I think he will be surprised at election time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Schumer let slip the real reason for the impeachment was to benefit democrats and hurt Republicans. In other words, they were abusing their power to influence the next election. The exact thing they were impeaching Trump for.

---
                    “It’s been a positive for us,” Schumer said, adding that Democratic “data shows every one of their [Republican] Senate candidates has had problems.”
                    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sch...-for-democrats

I think he will be surprised at election time.
                    I think he will be even more surprised when he stands before the Lord.

Comment

Politics right now is being run by Dumb and Dumber I've pretty much had it.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment