Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bloomberg A Racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomberg A Racist?

Or just rational?. Of course the woke idiots will jump on it and his political rivals.

The edited, minute-long clip from a speech Bloomberg gave to the Aspen Institute in 2015 echoed his other previous defenses of “stop and frisk,” an unconstitutional policing tactic that disproportionately targeted Black and brown people — a policy for which he is widely credited with being the architect and chief enforcer during his three terms leading New York City. On the clip, which undoubtedly was uploaded and circulated online by some of Bloomberg’s political rivals, features Bloomberg espousing some damningly racist rhetoric about how he identifies criminals.

Ninety-five percent of murders — murderers and murder victims fit one M.O. You can just take a description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all the cops,” Bloomberg can be heard saying in his unmistakable and signature nasal tone. “They are male, minorities, 16-25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city (inaudible). And that’s where the real crime is. You’ve got to get the guns out of the hands of people that are getting killed.

https://newsone.com/3902125/bloomber...k-voters-poll/

https://twitter.com/search?q=mike%20...rc=typed_query
    Last edited by seer; 02-11-2020, 10:58 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by Bloomberg
    You’ve got to get the guns out of the hands of people that are getting killed.”

The main problem I have with Bloomberg, however, is his naked attempt to buy the presidency.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

The main problem I have with Bloomberg, however, is his naked attempt to buy the presidency.
      The woke twitter bots are really going after him on this. A perfectly rational policy...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Compared to the standard half-naked attempts to buy it?
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Compared to the standard half-naked attempts to buy it?
          Generally it's done with other peoples' money (iow, donations).
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Generally it's done with other peoples' money (iow, donations).
            It's still being bought, just by multiple buyers, and Bloomberg is just taking the current system to its logical conclusion.
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Of interest was Bloomberg maintaining that not enough minorities were stopped by stop and frisk based on a demographic analysis of the relevant crime areas. I believe the program was simply unconstitutional, FTR.

Also of interest is the video floating around where Bloomberg expressly defended regressive taxes as an attempt to correct behavior: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ou-want-pande/

In the case of tobacco, I'm actually not convinced he's wrong, but his attempt to explain it would come across flat to most of the nation should he win the nomination.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                I believe the program was simply unconstitutional, FTR.
                This is what gets lost in the whole fake "was it racist or not" issue of it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Of interest was Bloomberg maintaining that not enough minorities were stopped by stop and frisk based on a demographic analysis of the relevant crime areas. I believe the program was simply unconstitutional, FTR.
                  It is Constitutional https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_v._Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    And lest anyone say "well, that decision was from the 1960's, maybe the current Court would say something else," the article notes subsequent decisions expanding it, including the 2014 decision Heien v. North Carolina (8-1).

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Problem is, it presupposes an organization that has had a history of corruption will use "reasonable" means in bypassing that amendment. "Reasonable" and corruption are never a good combo.

Comment

Sounds a lot like DWB to me.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          And lest anyone say "well, that decision was from the 1960's, maybe the current Court would say something else," the article notes subsequent decisions expanding it, including the 2014 decision Heien v. North Carolina (8-1).
                          And an interesting approach as well. I wonder if those saying it would view Roe v. Wade in a similar light since it's from the early 70s

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            And an interesting approach as well. I wonder if those saying it would view Roe v. Wade in a similar light since it's from the early 70s
                            My comment was meant more in reference to older decisions that, while not actually overturned by the court, would definitely be if it ever went up to them again. It would be foolish to appeal to Buck v. Bell as evidence that government-mandated sterilization for the unfit is constitutional because while it's never technically been overturned (no need to, all of the applicable laws have been repealed or are unenforced), there's no way if the issue went to the Supreme Court nowadays the law in question wouldn't be struck down. I was more trying to say that Terry v. Ohio couldn't be dismissed on the speculation that it was something like Buck v. Bell because it's been so clearly reaffirmed multiple times since by justices of different decades and different judicial philosophies.

Comment