Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden Losing His Grip on Sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    The combined total of Crazy Bernie and Slow Joe is still higher than Trump's vote total.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      What color is the sky in the world that you reside in?
      Rainbow?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Apparently his young "revolutionaries" aren't voting. So either they don't care about this stuff enough to vote, or they aren't buying the Orange Man End of the World narrative being shoved down their throat because when they're playing video games or out riding their skateboards with their buddies things aren't really as bad as the left is making it out to be.
        When they emerge from their parents basements they may have noticed that mom has been able to buy more pizza rolls and hot pockets in the last few years and even give them more money for their lattes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Um, combined they got 1.748 million votes whereas Trump got 1.457 million or 291,000 less.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Apparently his young "revolutionaries" aren't voting. So either they don't care about this stuff enough to vote, or they aren't buying the Orange Man End of the World narrative being shoved down their throat because when they're playing video games or out riding their skateboards with their buddies things aren't really as bad as the left is making it out to be.
            Many of them have graduated college and are now trying to get jobs and learn how to pay bills. Free for thee but not for me is a big wakeup call.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Many of them have graduated college and are now trying to get jobs and learn how to pay bills. Free for thee but not for me is a big wakeup call.
              Once they see how big the tax bill is, they start to realize just how expensive "free" government programs really are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Once they see how big the tax bill is, they start to realize just how expensive "free" government programs really are.
                I remember my youngest daughter's face when she got her first real paycheck from her full time job last fall. When FICO and SS taxes were taken out. She said "I thought the regular tax took care of those!!??". They learn the hard way that "free" isn't free.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  I guess realizing THEY will be the ones paying for other people to go to college for free isn't so appealing after all.

Comment

• The only way Biden would have a chance to beat Trump is if Obama is the VP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doofus View Post
                      The only way Biden would have a chance to beat Trump is if Obama is the VP.
                      I don't even know if that would do it. The bloom seems to be off Obama's rose, and his endorsements have traditionally been the kiss of death for candidates even when he was popular. Besides, I don't know if Obama's ego could handle being a vice president at this point, especially not playing second fiddle to Slow Joe.
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-05-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                        The only way Biden would have a chance to beat Trump is if Obama is the VP.
                        Which Obama?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Which Obama?
                          Hussein

Comment

• That brings up an interesting hypothetical. IF that were to happen, and IF Loppy Joe had a complete, undeniable brain-fail a few months into his term as POTUS, how long would Barry be allowed to serve, if at all? What does the anti-FDR-amended Constitution say about that?
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              That brings up an interesting hypothetical. IF that were to happen, and IF Loppy Joe had a complete, undeniable brain-fail a few months into his term as POTUS, how long would Barry be allowed to serve, if at all? What does the anti-FDR-amended Constitution say about that?
                              If Obama was elected vice president, and Biden died, then Obama would become president. The question, however, is whether Obama could be elected vice president.

The 12th Amendment says (in reference to the process of the electors voting for president and vice president), "No person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

Okay, so does that disqualify Obama from the vice president? Because the 22nd Amendment says:

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."

It doesn't say they're ineligible to hold the office (contrast Article 2 of the Constitution, which states "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."). It only says they can't be elected president. This difference of language would indicate that being elected as president twice does not render someone ineligible for the office, but merely of being elected president.

But if one accepts the argument that this makes them outright ineligible to hold the presidential office again, that would mean they would be equally ineligible to become vice president. Thus, if Obama was vice president, it would mean that it was accepted that he could become president (though not by direct election), as every plausible argument I can think of against his ability to become president (if he was the vice president and the president died) applies equally to whether he could become vice president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                The combined total of Crazy Bernie and Slow Joe is still higher than Trump's vote total.
                                That was obvious. The point is that Trump is driving crazy turnout even though the primaries for him are merely a formality. He actually has a chance at taking California.
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment