Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Struggles With Basic Christian Teaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Since you can't read,

No charge.
    Given that his track record through his life has been fixated on seeking revenge against his enemies (as recently as yesterday) it seems ludicrous to assume he will turn a new leaf at any point.

Comment

I have my doubts that Trump is really a Christian, but I don't know him personally. I don't think his behavior at the NPB was out of line for a new Christian. Forgiving and even loving your enemies is one of the hardest things to do, new Christian or old.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Given that his track record through his life has been fixated on seeking revenge against his enemies (as recently as yesterday) it seems ludicrous to assume he will turn a new leaf at any point.
        Saul ----> Paul.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I have my doubts that Trump is really a Christian, but I don't know him personally. I don't think his behavior at the NPB was out of line for a new Christian. Forgiving and even loving your enemies is one of the hardest things to do, new Christian or old.
          Oh, so you think he's a new christian now? I wonder when that might have happened? You guys, I tell ya, you really got to stop with the rationalizations and learn to accept reality. Trump is a con man who will pretend to be whatever you want him to be. He's no more of a Christian than Obama is a muslim even if of both you've been convinced otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            IF Trump is a Christian - and I don't know if he is or not - he would be a NEW Christian. Mocking him for "struggling with basic Christian teachings" would be like mocking a 2 year old for not being able to read.
            In my opinion he is very far from being Christian. He doesn’t want your faith, but instead, he wants your vote or your support when he attacks his ‘enemies’, who are everybody that criticise him.

My advice would be to not miss an opportunity to mock him, and drive him away as hard as you can. He is only as strong as your willingness to be flattered or comforted by him.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              In my opinion he is very far from being Christian. He doesn’t want your faith, but instead, he wants your vote or your support when he attacks his ‘enemies’, who are everybody that criticise him.
              Imagine that - a politician wanting my vote. How DASTARDLY!

My advice would be to not miss an opportunity to mock him, and drive him away as hard as you can. He is only as strong as your willingness to be flattered or comforted by him.
              The the garbage man show up at my house on Friday morning, I wouldn't send they away because they're not Christians. They want my business.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Oh, so you think he's a new christian now? I wonder when that might have happened? ...
                Calm yourself, Jim --- it ALLEGEDLY happened recently because Paula White's ministry - many of us are skeptical.

Sparko said - "I have my doubts" and you catapult to "Oh, so you think he's a new Christian now".

A reasonable reading of Sparko's post would be "IF he's a Christian, he's a NEW one....."

Comment

He might actually be open to the idea of 'loving your enemies', which is better than many professed Christians.
                  What in Trump's behavior over the last 3+ years even hints at him being open to the idea 'love your enemies'?
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

He might actually be open to the idea of 'loving your enemies', which is better than many professed Christians.
                    Yes, let's all mock the guy who knows what is right and has the integrity to openly admit that he sometimes struggles to do it.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Calm yourself, Jim --- it ALLEGEDLY happened recently because Paula White's ministry - many of us are skeptical.

Sparko said - "I have my doubts" and you catapult to "Oh, so you think he's a new Christian now".

A reasonable reading of Sparko's post would be "IF he's a Christian, he's a NEW one....."
                      Rather suspiscious that he became a christian when he became political, worse yet that he, a con artist and crook was converted, by another con artist and crook.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Rather suspiscious that he became a christian when he became political,
                        I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, Jim, just like I would a poor lost sinner like you.

worse yet that he, a con artist and crook was converted, by another con artist and crook.
                        It is indeed part of my concern that the person involved in his "conversion" was somebody for whom I don't have much respect.

Comment

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, Jim, just like I would a poor lost sinner like you.

It is indeed part of my concern that the person involved in his "conversion" was somebody for whom I don't have much respect.
                          The con artist and crook is not only supposedly involved in Trumps so called conversion, she's in the White House as Trumps advisor on religion.

Comment

You can say that about just every human being. But in the case of Trump, where's the evidence?
                            Last edited by little_monkey; 02-09-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

A conversion would imply he has been changed. Can you point me to anything in his behavior towards others the last 3 years that would indicate anything approaching the sort of change you and I both know comes from actually believing in and placing faith in Jesus Christ?

I've seen a lot of people from a lot of different backgrounds come to Christ. And I haven't seen anything that even remotely resembles evidence of actual faith in Christ coming from Donald Trump.

I just watched a young girl this morning talk about the most recent two years of her life after choosing to follow Christ. How he delivered her from drugs, how she is now leading Bible studies, how she has left that old life behind, how she is now living a life filled with God's love and free from the bondage Christ saved her from.

Pretending Trump 'might've have actually come to Christ prior to or during any time in the last few years spits on a person's testimony like what I heard this morning. She is an example of what Jesus does when he comes into a person's life. Donald Trump is not.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-09-2020, 09:37 PM.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment