Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Gives SOTU Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Gives SOTU Response

If you missed the official Democrat "response" to Trump's SOTU speech, fret not.

It was a real sleeper.

whitmer.jpg

Summary ---- "get a bucket of dirt and fill potholes", or something like that.

She came back to this 'illustration' later in her brief 'speech', and seems oblivious to the fact that "filling potholes with dirt" is an exercise in futility.

Monte Scott is 13 years old and lives in Muskegon Heights, Michigan. Monte’s street was covered in potholes. They were ankle deep and he got tired of waiting for them to get fixed, so he grabbed a shovel and a bucket of dirt and filled them in himself.

Democracy takes action, and that’s why I’m so inspired by young people. They respond to mass shootings, demanding policies that make schools safer. They react to a world that’s literally on fire, with fire in their bellies, to push leaders to finally take action on climate change. They take on a road filled with potholes with a shovel and some dirt.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Now there's a rising star!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Now there's a rising star!
        Laughing.... her hand motions and body language were very ... um.... "forced".

She's not a natural speaker, and aside from being "nice looking", she really has no stage presence or charisma.

Git some dirt, people -- FILL them potholes!!!!

(potholes which are in her own State, and NOT the responsibility of the Federal Government --- I bet she never thought of that)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

She looked like an SNL skit of her.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            She looked like an SNL skit of her.
            There are a couple moments in particular --- where there's like a mistimed forced gesture --- that, yes, it looks more like a parody or something.

Comment

I thought you were supposed to smoke pot?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

If you missed the official Democrat "response" to Trump's SOTU speech, fret not.

It was a real sleeper.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42526[/ATTACH]

Summary ---- "get a bucket of dirt and fill potholes", or something like that.

She came back to this 'illustration' later in her brief 'speech', and seems oblivious to the fact that "filling potholes with dirt" is an exercise in futility.

Monte Scott is 13 years old and lives in Muskegon Heights, Michigan. Monte’s street was covered in potholes. They were ankle deep and he got tired of waiting for them to get fixed, so he grabbed a shovel and a bucket of dirt and filled them in himself.

Democracy takes action, and that’s why I’m so inspired by young people. They respond to mass shootings, demanding policies that make schools safer. They react to a world that’s literally on fire, with fire in their bellies, to push leaders to finally take action on climate change. They take on a road filled with potholes with a shovel and some dirt.
                Did she just string together a bunch of empty platitudes?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Did she just string together a bunch of empty platitudes?
                  I think she was "trying out" for the position of "the next big thing" in Democrat leadership -- a rising star. But she was (excuse the term) underwhelming.

I kinda wonder if the Democrats realized that WHOEVER followed Trump's speech was going to be barely a footnote in history, so she was the 'expendable crew member' who got sent down to the planet to investigate the monster. (as you're aware, they never return to the ship alive)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I think she was "trying out" for the position of "the next big thing" in Democrat leadership -- a rising star. But she was (excuse the term) underwhelming.

I kinda wonder if the Democrats realized that WHOEVER followed Trump's speech was going to be barely a footnote in history, so she was the 'expendable crew member' who got sent down to the planet to investigate the monster. (as you're aware, they never return to the ship alive)
                    That well could have been the audition for running mate for any of the old guys in the frontrunners' spots.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment