Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bitter Nancy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    That I don't understand. I have no problem identifying as a Trump supporter, not just a Trump voter. But I also have no problem saying that he's a jerk, a bad example, and highly mockable.
    He (my brother) has been getting more emotional with age. When I told him that I didn't believe Pelosi really wanted to go along with the impeachment, since it wasn't going to help her career or her legacy, he freaked out. "Who cares!?! She's the domestic enemy!!"

I was just pointing out a probability, I wasn't defending her.

I just need to back away from him while he's in this state of mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Trump is certainly an example of "taking the good with the bad". I happen to believe that the good outweighs the bad, although there are certainly times he seems to make things harder on himself.
      that

I think his speech at the Prayer Breakfast this morning was a little "tired" and I think it could have been less partisan.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        I don't know if it's real but according to Matt Goetz Facebook page he has filed a formal complaint against Pelosi for her actions.

Congressman Matt Gaetz

1 hr ·

BREAKING: I'm filing an ethics complaint against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for destroying President Donald J. Trump's State of the Union speech.
        Her conduct was beneath the dignity of the House, and a potential violation of law (18 USC 2071).
        Nobody is above the law - even the Speaker. She must be held accountable.

Facebook page link
        I doubt very strongly she violated the law. We'll see. 28 Years in fed Gov't tells me that only the documents used by the President, plus any notes he made on them, and the official tape of the address, would be protected items. Pelosi's actions in my opinion aren't illegal. Just poorly judged. But who cares...anything to further political agendas.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Not the point; the point is that Trump has been praised for dispensing with typical norms and standards, so his supporters do not get to demand they be followed when convenient.
          Unfortunately for a wannabe ''''''''''''neutral'''''''''''' moderate umpire like you, they get to demand it because life isn't fair, and people are partisan.

Also, many of his supporters still think he can be crass or a jerk, so there's no hypocrisy in them claiming that Pelosi is the same.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            I doubt very strongly she violated the law.
            I suspect he's being a tad facetious.

We'll see. 28 Years in fed Gov't tells me that only the documents used by the President, plus any notes he made on them, and the official tape of the address, would be protected items. Pelosi's actions in my opinion aren't illegal. Just poorly judged. But who cares...anything to further political agendas.
            Just shows what a classless partisan she has become, and she somehow managed to outdo Trump's classlessness in a grand way, and in the worst venue for it.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              Unfortunately for a wannabe ''''''''''''neutral'''''''''''' moderate umpire like you, they get to demand it because life isn't fair, and people are partisan.

Also, many of his supporters still think he can be crass or a jerk, so there's no hypocrisy in them claiming that Pelosi is the same.
              Grow up.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Grow up.
                He still occasionally slips into the Russian accent schtick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Just shows what a classless partisan she has become, and she somehow managed to outdo Trump's classlessness in a grand way, and in the worst venue for it.
                  The 'squad' and little jimmy approved of her behavior. That appears to be the ilk she's trying to appeal to.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jim, either list the lies, or stop propagating this lie. K?
                    Already refuted the lies, CP.

Comment

I'm still smarting from the FB discussion I mentioned earlier, I admit. The only reason I haven't dropped that friend is I do so only for terrible disgusting things (like really vulgar pics passed on thru friends of friends :ew:) . Friend does ignore my more personal experiences with issues like vaccines but oh well. The comments about the SOTU are truly getting on my nerves...so...
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Already refuted the lies, CP.
                        Link, please. In order to refute them, you need to list them, Jim.

I apologize if I missed that post, so please link to it, K?

Comment

• NursingHomeNancy is making a speech now, and all I can think about is her childish behavior and ripping up other people's work.

Comment

NursingHomeNancy is making a speech now, and all I can think about is her childish behavior and ripping up other people's work.
                            Wow, she's stumbling and stammering through this little "speech", and really looks like... well, the title of the thread. Trump obviously has her really really rattled.

Comment

Grow up.
                              And so should Nancy.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                And so should Nancy.
                                Trump should, too, but he's too busy winning.

Comment