Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump at March for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump at March for Life

Thousands are gathering on the National Mall for the 47th annual March for Life to celebrate the sanctity of life from conception to death and to advocate for the overturning of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court that made abortion on demand the law of the land and has resulted in an estimated 60 million deaths of unborn children.

And this year Donald Trump will make history as the first sitting U.S. president to speak in person at the march.

“We are deeply honored to welcome President Trump to the 47th annual March for Life,” Jeanne Mancini said in a statement. “He will be the first president in history to attend and we are so excited for him to experience in person how passionate our marchers are about life and protecting the unborn.”

“From the appointment of pro-life judges and federal workers, to cutting taxpayer funding for abortions here and abroad, to calling for an end to late-term abortions, President Trump and his administration have been consistent champions for life and their support for the March for Life has been unwavering.” https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...esident-trump/
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Good on him.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I watched part of it.

Remember, what he DOES is far more important than what he SAYS, but on this, he's full on pro-life.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Meanwhile, we have this, from Bernie.

Bernie on abortion.png

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I watched part of it.

Remember, what he DOES is far more important than what he SAYS, but on this, he's full on pro-life.
          He's "full on" whatever will get him your vote, he doesn't care.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

The Trump administration’s Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced today that California is violating federal law by trying to force churches to pay for abortions.

The announcement comes the morning of the 47th annual March for Life, at which President Donald Trump is slated to speak. He will be the first U.S. president to ever attend the march, which is the largest human rights demonstration in the world.

A lengthy legal battle has been underway since 2014, when California enacted regulations forcing all employers to pay for health insurance plans that cover elective abortions, regardless of religious or moral objections to funding abortion deaths. Under these regulations, all abortions are considered “basic health care” and “medically necessary.”

Churches were not even informed when abortion coverage was added to their health plans, according to Alliance Defending Freedom.

The HHS Office for Civil Rights announced that it issued a Notice of Violation to the state of California, formally notifying the Golden State that it cannot impose universal abortion coverage mandates on health insurance plans and issuers in violation of federal conscience laws.
            https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/tr...fund-abortions

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Do I detect cynicism about the motivations of Trump? Say it ain't so!

Comment

Who cares if he cares, as long as he makes progs and shames 'conservatives' by being more conservative than them.

Comment

This is so incredibly stupid on its face, Tass. He's doing what he promised he'd do --- Something your ilk isn't used to seeing.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is so incredibly stupid on its face, Tass. He's doing what he promised he'd do --- Something your ilk isn't used to seeing.
                    I am extremely skeptical myself of Trump's motives. I don't get the impression that he actually cares about anything but money and fame. And please keep in mind that I genuinely care about the lives of the unborn. The thought of exploiting something to get what I want or what anyone wants really really bothers me. Sure I'd love more pro baby laws (not the creepy ones being passed) but I don't want it like this,
                    Last edited by Catholicity; 01-25-2020, 09:14 AM.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      I am extremely skeptical myself of Trump's motives. I don't get the impression that he actually cares about anything but money and fame. And please keep in mind that I genuinely care about the lives of the unborn. The thought of exploiting something to get what I want or what anyone wants really really bothers me. Sure I'd love more pro baby laws (not the creepy ones being passed) but I don't want it like this,
                      With what he's delivering, I'm less concerned about his motives than I am his results.

Comment

With what he's delivering, I'm less concerned about his motives than I am his results.
                        The end justifies the means. Such a high moral standard.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Considering how much many of his views have changed in just a few years I'll always be a bit skeptical. But even if you're right that its always about him, we survived 8 years of that during the previous Administration from someone with an unparalleled gift for turning any discussion about anything into about him.

Aside from that, and more importantly his attendance, whatever the motive is, has helped draw more attention to the March for Life than it gets from the MSM over an entire decade. Maybe longer. That, in itself, is a good thing.

And FWIU of what he said there, even if you're right, and is for ulterior motives, was a good message that at least some of the MSM will at least mention. That, in itself, is a good thing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            The end justifies the means. Such a high moral standard.
                            Yes, MUCH better Hillary, whose motives we know.

Back to ignoring you.

Comment

Yes, MUCH better Hillary, whose motives we know.

Back to ignoring you.
                              Yes, you should ignore all rational discussion that does not agree with your points of view. Otherwise, it just might be possible you would discover you were mistaken, and that would be unthinkable.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment